|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Arm We Brought Down From the Trees.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Europe does Wilson take his interest in the performance problems of musicians?
2. How does a goat eat a piece of candy?
(a) The wrapper and the candy.
(b) Just the wrapper.
(c) Just the candy.
(d) Sometimes just the wrapper and sometimes just the candy.
3. What does the coordination of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones do?
(a) Creates tensions to enable movement.
(b) Forms a synergistic system.
(c) Creates a system of interrelated functions.
(d) It orients the arm and hand to make adjusting and tension-setting movements that keep the body upright.
4. What is one thing that shoulder and forearm development enabled?
(a) The ability to carve.
(b) The ability to catch objects.
(c) The ability to hunt.
(d) The ability to throw objects.
5. What does Henry Plotkin propose intelligence is?
(a) A learned response.
(b) A primary heuristic.
(c) A secondary heuristic.
(d) A genetically fixed amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is paleoanthropology?
2. What is the ability to design and manufacture tools considered by Wilson?
3. Until recently, how have anthropologists perceived ape and human hands?
4. What is one thing that demonstrates the integration of movement in the shoulder, arm and hand?
5. What does the author attempt to do that is not a well-orchestrated pattern of learning from simple to more complex?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)