|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Arm We Brought Down From the Trees.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Wilson, how many problem-solving strategies are there that stand out above all others?
2. What is the ability to design and manufacture tools considered by Wilson?
(a) The way to take advantage of the hand's capabilities.
(b) The way humans evolve.
(c) The only way the brain can solve mechanical problems.
(d) A problem-solving strategy.
3. What is one activity the author mentions that the hand usually does in the morning?
(a) Grooms the dog.
(b) Plays with a football.
(c) Conducts a symphony.
(d) Twisting a water faucet.
4. What does Henry Plotkin propose intelligence is?
(a) A primary heuristic.
(b) A secondary heuristic.
(c) A genetically fixed amount.
(d) A learned response.
5. What is one very important problem-solving strategy?
(a) Creating tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what was the pre-human arm metaphorically compared?
2. What is the purpose of the shoulder, arm and hand in being fully integrated?
3. What does the addition and transport of weight by the upper body change?
4. What does the coordination of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones do?
5. Who says that the hand and brain both speak to each other?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)