|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lucy to Lulu to Rose.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did ground mammals eat at this time?
(a) Mostly birds.
(b) Just small rodents.
(c) Vegetarian matter or carnivores.
(d) Mostly nuts and grass.
2. What does Herophilus discover?
(a) Some neurons connect muscles to the spinal cord; whereas, other connect muscles to bone.
(b) The muscles along the spinal cord are denser because of the neurons packed in them.
(c) Neurons cannot regenerate.
(d) Neurons can regenerate.
3. What does the beginning of this chapter say the hand been used throughout its long history?
(a) Only as a tool.
(b) To create art.
(c) As a means of conquering.
(d) For both social interaction and attention.
4. What skills does Wilson say today's warriors learn?
(a) Fishing and hunting.
(c) Those needed to wield skillets, pots and pans after chopping and slicing in kitchens.
(d) Hunting and gathering.
5. Who is Reed Hearon?
(a) A math professor at Yale.
(b) Wilson's co-writer.
(c) The owner of LuLu's restaurant.
(d) The most famous chef in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the critical significance of the paddle in Duchenne's model?
2. How many years ago did changes in global climate initiate an ecosystem of fruits and flowers?
3. What often dictates which hand is dominate?
4. What does William Calvin claim about female apes?
5. What do some scientists say practicing a skill using one hand more frequently than the other does?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)