Lesson 1 (from Prologue and Dawn)
Prologue and Dawn
Wilson's underlying thesis is that people are born resourceful. Over time and experience they adapt and evolve to become skillful and thoughtful. The objective of this lesson is to look at adapting to changing environments.
1) Homework: Students will research adaptation to changing environments writing a paper on their findings.
2) Class Discussion: What is adaptation? Why is it useful? Who is able to adapt? What happens to a species who cannot adapt? How has adaptation changed the human race? Is adaptation ever harmful?
3) Group Work: In class, groups will list the ways in which the human race would have to adapt to an ice age climate occurring within the span of fifty years. Groups will share their ideas with the class.
4) Class Work: In class, students will write a brief essay about the importance of adapting to change.
5) Class debate. Students will debate...
This section contains 5,779 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)