|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
2. How does the Arab League respond when Jordan annexees West Bank?
3. What causes people to die at the Aqbat Jabar refugee camp?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
5. What does Abdullah do when Jordan takes over the West Bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Jericho Project?
2. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
3. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
4. What is the lie surrounding Jamil's death?
5. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
6. How does Ibrahim change after Omar leaves?
7. What does Mayor Bakshir think about Palestine's government?
8. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
9. What does Ibrahim discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
10. What happens after the death of Abdullah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three of the leaders from this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the way they rule their people, their political beliefs, and their successes/failures.
Essay Topic 2
How does Dr. Mudhil impact the relationship between Ishmael and the world around him? How would you characterize, or describe, Mudhil's role in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Arab tradition guides the lives of several characters in this novel. Choose three elements of Arab tradition and explain how they impact the characters in this novel.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)