Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
2. What does Sabri want to find in Gaza?
3. How does Ursula kill a Persian guest before Ibrahim kills Kabir?
4. After the war, what does Gideon learn when he goes to Tel Aviv to meet with Ben-Gurion?
5. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
Essay Topic 1
Arab tradition guides the lives of several characters in this novel. Choose three elements of Arab tradition and explain how they impact the characters in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Nada defies the role her father wants her to have, and therefore she shames the family and must die. Explain what Nada represents in this novel and how she changes throughout the course of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the Jericho Project. What were the purposes of the project and why did it fail? What does this project represent to this region of the Middle East?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)