|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
2. What do the resolutions presented at Charles Maan support?
3. When trying to return to Tabah, why can't Ibrahim use the roads to Jericho?
4. How does Ursula kill a Persian guest before Ibrahim kills Kabir?
5. What causes people to die at the Aqbat Jabar refugee camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the home of Hamdi Othman and his wife like?
2. How does Ibrahim change after Omar leaves?
3. After leaving Tabah, why does Ibrahim refuse to be called a refugee?
4. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
5. What happens as everyone leaves the West Bank Refugee Convention?
6. How does Gideon feel about letting the Egyptians keep Gaza?
7. What happens after the death of Abdullah?
8. What are the refugee camps like in Jericho?
9. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
10. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select two of the conferences held in this novel and compare and contrast them. Who attended? What were the goals? What was actually accomplished?
Essay Topic 2
What type of leader is Ibrahim? Support your opinion using detailed examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Research the history of Palestine during this time. How does this novel remain true to history? Where does the novel diverge? Why do you think this happens?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)