Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
2. What does Sabri want to find in Gaza?
3. How does Ursula kill a Persian guest before Ibrahim kills Kabir?
4. After the war, what does Gideon learn when he goes to Tel Aviv to meet with Ben-Gurion?
5. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
Essay Topic 1
Ishmael had a complicated relationship with his father. Analyze the ways that these characters interacted with each other. What did the relationship mean to each party? What is significant about the way their relationship ended?
Essay Topic 2
How do the militant and rebel groups shape the development of Palestine and affect the wars in this novel? Who agrees with these actions and who disagrees? Why? What is the commentary the author is giving about these types of groups?
Essay Topic 3
What is the impact of being migrant? Explore the migrant tribes and the refugees and examine the affect a migratory life has on the people and the places they visit. How is this important to the overall Arab condition?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)