|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
2. What does Sabri want to find in Gaza?
3. How does Ursula kill a Persian guest before Ibrahim kills Kabir?
4. After the war, what does Gideon learn when he goes to Tel Aviv to meet with Ben-Gurion?
5. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
Essay Topic 1
How does Dr. Mudhil impact the relationship between Ishmael and the world around him? How would you characterize, or describe, Mudhil's role in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of outside countries on Palestine and the characters of this novel. Write about what the countries actually do, how they view the region, how the region views them, and what the impact is.
Essay Topic 3
How are Jews depicted in this novel? Take a close look at the rhetoric and language used when Jews are discussed. What is the purpose of this?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)