|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The Palestinian people have never ruled themselves, nor ever attempted to rule themselves"?
2. What work does Ibrahim do in Nablus?
3. How does Nada describe the woman she works for?
4. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
5. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role of outside countries on Palestine and the characters of this novel. Write about what the countries actually do, how they view the region, how the region views them, and what the impact is.
Essay Topic 2
What is the impact of being migrant? Explore the migrant tribes and the refugees and examine the affect a migratory life has on the people and the places they visit. How is this important to the overall Arab condition?
Essay Topic 3
How is the United Nations a character in this novel? How does the United Nations drive the plot and motivate the characters? Why does the author include the United Nations in this way in his novel?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)