|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Sabri able to support his family in Gaza?
2. After the war, what does Gideon learn when he goes to Tel Aviv to meet with Ben-Gurion?
3. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
4. Why does Ibrahim go to the Latrun rooftop?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mayor Bakshir think about Palestine's government?
2. After leaving Tabah, why does Ibrahim refuse to be called a refugee?
3. How does Mudhil help Ishmael secure a job?
4. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
5. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
6. How does Ibrahim change after Omar leaves?
7. How does Gideon feel about letting the Egyptians keep Gaza?
8. What disagreement does Jamil have with his father in Part 4, Chapters 6-10?
9. What is the Wadi Bakkah School like?
10. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the militant and rebel groups shape the development of Palestine and affect the wars in this novel? Who agrees with these actions and who disagrees? Why? What is the commentary the author is giving about these types of groups?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the murders that happened in this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the motives, the impact, and the symbolism of each murder.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the Jericho Project. What were the purposes of the project and why did it fail? What does this project represent to this region of the Middle East?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)