|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, what does Gideon learn when he goes to Tel Aviv to meet with Ben-Gurion?
2. What do the resolutions presented at Charles Maan support?
3. Who is the Colonel of the Arab Legion?
4. When Ibrahim finds out his artifacts will go to Hebrew University, where does he ask them to be sent?
5. Who is Abu Rommel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mayor Bakshir think about Palestine's government?
2. Why does Prince Ali Rahman call Kabir in Zurich?
3. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
4. What is the home of Hamdi Othman and his wife like?
5. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
6. What does Ibrahim discuss with the mayor of Nablus?
7. What happens after the death of Abdullah?
8. What makes Ishmael jealous of Sabri in Part 3, Chapter 5?
9. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
10. After leaving Tabah, why does Ibrahim refuse to be called a refugee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For much of this novel, Ibrahim is determined to return to Tabah. Discuss what the return to Tabah represents to Ibrahim and his village. Why was the dream abandoned?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three of the leaders from this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the way they rule their people, their political beliefs, and their successes/failures.
Essay Topic 3
How are Jews depicted in this novel? Take a close look at the rhetoric and language used when Jews are discussed. What is the purpose of this?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)