|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bakshir assassinated?
2. Who does Ibrahim tell that Taji accepted a position with the Saudi government?
3. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
4. Why does Ibrahim reject all offers of marriage for Nada?
5. How many refugees does Jordan take in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
2. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
3. How do Ibrahim and Ishmael plan to contact Gideon in Part 4, Chapters 1-5?
4. What is the home of Hamdi Othman and his wife like?
5. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
6. What happens as everyone leaves the West Bank Refugee Convention?
7. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
8. What is the lie surrounding Jamil's death?
9. Why does Prince Ali Rahman call Kabir in Zurich?
10. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three of the leaders from this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the way they rule their people, their political beliefs, and their successes/failures.
Essay Topic 2
How does Dr. Mudhil impact the relationship between Ishmael and the world around him? How would you characterize, or describe, Mudhil's role in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the murders that happened in this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the motives, the impact, and the symbolism of each murder.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)