|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the refugee camp in Jericho, who is the only member of Ibrahim's group that is working?
2. When does Ibrahim tell Ishmael they must leave Jericho for Tabah?
3. Where is Kabir's elegant villa?
4. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
5. What does Sabri want to find in Gaza?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Gideon is an unsung hero of this novel. In what ways is Gideon's role given full credit? In what ways is he overlooked? Why was this done?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of outside countries on Palestine and the characters of this novel. Write about what the countries actually do, how they view the region, how the region views them, and what the impact is.
Essay Topic 3
For much of this novel, Ibrahim is determined to return to Tabah. Discuss what the return to Tabah represents to Ibrahim and his village. Why was the dream abandoned?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)