|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
2. Where do Ishmael and Jamil find a place to hide their arms in Jericho?
3. Who says, "The Palestinian people have never ruled themselves, nor ever attempted to rule themselves"?
4. Why does Husain have a regency when he becomes king of Jordan?
5. What will the Leopards who confessed to Zyyad do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role of the refugee camp. How do these camps impact the people who stay in them? How do they impact the people who do not stay in them? What is the message the author delivers about refugee camps?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the symbolism of Ibrahim's dagger. Consider how Ibrahim came to own it and all the action it sees throughout the novel. What does the dagger represent?
Essay Topic 3
For much of this novel, Ibrahim is determined to return to Tabah. Discuss what the return to Tabah represents to Ibrahim and his village. Why was the dream abandoned?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)