|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Pope invite to meet with him to discuss the treatment of Christian Arabs in refugee camps?
2. How old is Ishmael when he begins to teach at Wadi Bakkah School?
3. How much money does Ibrahim get for selling his truck?
4. What does Ursula tell Ibrahim when he meets with her before the Zurich conference?
5. Who does Ibrahim tell that Taji accepted a position with the Saudi government?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ibrahim discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
2. What is the lie surrounding Jamil's death?
3. Why does Prince Ali Rahman call Kabir in Zurich?
4. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
5. What happens after the death of Abdullah?
6. How does Hamdi convince Nada to stay with him as his lover?
7. How do Ibrahim and Ishmael plan to contact Gideon in Part 4, Chapters 1-5?
8. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
9. What are the refugee camps like in Jericho?
10. What happens as everyone leaves the West Bank Refugee Convention?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ishmael had a complicated relationship with his father. Analyze the ways that these characters interacted with each other. What did the relationship mean to each party? What is significant about the way their relationship ended?
Essay Topic 2
How do the militant and rebel groups shape the development of Palestine and affect the wars in this novel? Who agrees with these actions and who disagrees? Why? What is the commentary the author is giving about these types of groups?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the role of outside countries on Palestine and the characters of this novel. Write about what the countries actually do, how they view the region, how the region views them, and what the impact is.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)