|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens shortly after the Arabs capture the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem?
2. While in the refugee camps in Jericho, where does Ibrahim say he is a prisoner?
3. What are students taught at Wadi Bakkah School?
4. Where do Ibrahim and his family find refuge in Tulkarm?
5. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disagreement does Jamil have with his father in Part 4, Chapters 6-10?
2. How do Ibrahim and Ishmael plan to contact Gideon in Part 4, Chapters 1-5?
3. How does Mudhil help Ishmael secure a job?
4. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
5. What is the home of Hamdi Othman and his wife like?
6. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
7. What are the refugee camps like in Jericho?
8. Why does Prince Ali Rahman call Kabir in Zurich?
9. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
10. What happens as everyone leaves the West Bank Refugee Convention?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the Jericho Project. What were the purposes of the project and why did it fail? What does this project represent to this region of the Middle East?
Essay Topic 2
What type of leader is Ibrahim? Support your opinion using detailed examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
For much of this novel, Ibrahim is determined to return to Tabah. Discuss what the return to Tabah represents to Ibrahim and his village. Why was the dream abandoned?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)