|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
2. Why does Ibrahim go to the Latrun rooftop?
3. When Ibrahim finds out his artifacts will go to Hebrew University, where does he ask them to be sent?
4. What do the resolutions presented at Charles Maan support?
5. While at the refugee camp in Jericho, who is the only member of Ibrahim's group that is working?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
2. How does Gideon feel about letting the Egyptians keep Gaza?
3. What does Mayor Bakshir think about Palestine's government?
4. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
5. Why does Prince Ali Rahman call Kabir in Zurich?
6. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
7. What is the Wadi Bakkah School like?
8. What is the Jericho Project?
9. How does Hamdi convince Nada to stay with him as his lover?
10. What is the home of Hamdi Othman and his wife like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three of the leaders from this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the way they rule their people, their political beliefs, and their successes/failures.
Essay Topic 2
How are Jews depicted in this novel? Take a close look at the rhetoric and language used when Jews are discussed. What is the purpose of this?
Essay Topic 3
For much of this novel, Ibrahim is determined to return to Tabah. Discuss what the return to Tabah represents to Ibrahim and his village. Why was the dream abandoned?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)