|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, what does Gideon learn when he goes to Tel Aviv to meet with Ben-Gurion?
2. What religion does Charles Maan practice?
3. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
4. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
5. How do Ibrahim and his family keep the Bedouin away while they are in Jericho?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Gideon is an unsung hero of this novel. In what ways is Gideon's role given full credit? In what ways is he overlooked? Why was this done?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the symbolism of Ibrahim's dagger. Consider how Ibrahim came to own it and all the action it sees throughout the novel. What does the dagger represent?
Essay Topic 3
For much of this novel, Ibrahim is determined to return to Tabah. Discuss what the return to Tabah represents to Ibrahim and his village. Why was the dream abandoned?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)