|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
2. Where is the refugee camp Ibrahim's former villager's want Ibrahim to go to?
3. Who will rule the West Bank after Abdullah?
4. What religion does Charles Maan practice?
5. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Prince Ali Rahman call Kabir in Zurich?
2. Why does Ursula seek revenge against Kabir?
3. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
4. How does Hamdi convince Nada to stay with him as his lover?
5. How does Ibrahim change after Omar leaves?
6. What is the Jericho Project?
7. What are the refugee camps like in Jericho?
8. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
9. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
10. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the symbolism of Ibrahim's dagger. Consider how Ibrahim came to own it and all the action it sees throughout the novel. What does the dagger represent?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Gideon is an unsung hero of this novel. In what ways is Gideon's role given full credit? In what ways is he overlooked? Why was this done?
Essay Topic 3
Ishmael had a complicated relationship with his father. Analyze the ways that these characters interacted with each other. What did the relationship mean to each party? What is significant about the way their relationship ended?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)