|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
2. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
3. Who does Ibrahim get a job for after the United Nations gave him a committee position at the refugee camps?
4. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
5. When Kabir meets with Rahman to discuss the Zurich conference, who does Kabir feel can be bribed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ibrahim and Ishmael plan to contact Gideon in Part 4, Chapters 1-5?
2. What is the Jericho Project?
3. How does Ibrahim change after Omar leaves?
4. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
5. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
6. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
7. What disagreement does Jamil have with his father in Part 4, Chapters 6-10?
8. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
9. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
10. What happens as everyone leaves the West Bank Refugee Convention?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the murders that happened in this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the motives, the impact, and the symbolism of each murder.
Essay Topic 2
Choose three of the leaders from this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the way they rule their people, their political beliefs, and their successes/failures.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the role of the refugee camp. How do these camps impact the people who stay in them? How do they impact the people who do not stay in them? What is the message the author delivers about refugee camps?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)