|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Husain have a regency when he becomes king of Jordan?
2. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
3. While at the refugee camp in Jericho, who is the only member of Ibrahim's group that is working?
4. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
5. Who does Nada become involved with while staying with Hamdi Othman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
2. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
3. What is the Jericho Project?
4. How does Ibrahim change after Omar leaves?
5. What does Mayor Bakshir think about Palestine's government?
6. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
7. After leaving Tabah, why does Ibrahim refuse to be called a refugee?
8. What does Ibrahim discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
9. How do Ibrahim and Ishmael plan to contact Gideon in Part 4, Chapters 1-5?
10. What does Ibrahim discuss with the mayor of Nablus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the symbolism of Ibrahim's dagger. Consider how Ibrahim came to own it and all the action it sees throughout the novel. What does the dagger represent?
Essay Topic 2
How does Dr. Mudhil impact the relationship between Ishmael and the world around him? How would you characterize, or describe, Mudhil's role in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Arab tradition guides the lives of several characters in this novel. Choose three elements of Arab tradition and explain how they impact the characters in this novel.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)