|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kabir's elegant villa?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
3. What will the Leopards who confessed to Zyyad do?
4. Who is murdered in July 1951?
5. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
2. What are the refugee camps like in Jericho?
3. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
4. Why does Ursula seek revenge against Kabir?
5. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
6. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
7. What makes Ishmael jealous of Sabri in Part 3, Chapter 5?
8. Why does Ibrahim tell Ishmael he may have to kill Sabri?
9. After leaving Tabah, why does Ibrahim refuse to be called a refugee?
10. What disagreement does Jamil have with his father in Part 4, Chapters 6-10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the symbolism of Ibrahim's dagger. Consider how Ibrahim came to own it and all the action it sees throughout the novel. What does the dagger represent?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Jericho Project. What were the purposes of the project and why did it fail? What does this project represent to this region of the Middle East?
Essay Topic 3
What type of leader is Ibrahim? Support your opinion using detailed examples from the text.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)