|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
2. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
3. What is Plan D?
4. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
5. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
2. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
3. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
4. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
5. What do the Jews do to prepare their land for farming?
6. What do Ibrahim and Gideon discuss when they meet in Part 2, Chapter 7?
7. What does Ibrahim do to try to secure safe passage for his villagers to Beruit.
8. As a child, what is Ishmael's relationship with the Jews like?
9. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
10. What do the Jewish people do when they first arrive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of leader is Ibrahim? Support your opinion using detailed examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of outside countries on Palestine and the characters of this novel. Write about what the countries actually do, how they view the region, how the region views them, and what the impact is.
Essay Topic 3
Choose three of the leaders from this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the way they rule their people, their political beliefs, and their successes/failures.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)