|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibrahim tell Kabir he must have before leaving Tabah?
2. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
3. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
4. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
5. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Jewish people do when they first arrive?
2. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
3. What do Ibrahim and Gideon discuss when they meet in Part 2, Chapter 7?
4. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
5. What advice does Brompton give regarding Plan D?
6. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
7. What is Operation Nachshon?
8. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
9. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
10. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arab tradition guides the lives of several characters in this novel. Choose three elements of Arab tradition and explain how they impact the characters in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Select two of the conferences held in this novel and compare and contrast them. Who attended? What were the goals? What was actually accomplished?
Essay Topic 3
What type of leader is Ibrahim? Support your opinion using detailed examples from the text.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)