|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who is said to have "firmly established a new era and a new principle"?
2. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
3. Why do the Irgun and Haganah retaliate in Jerusalem?
4. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
5. What does Ibrahim tell Kabir he must have before leaving Tabah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
2. What is Operation Nachshon?
3. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
4. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
5. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
6. Why does Ibrahim have a feast for Kabir when he arrived in Tabah?
7. What is Gideon's role after the news of the Jewish death camps?
8. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
9. What role does Fawzi Kabir play in displacing Arabs from Palestine?
10. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nada defies the role her father wants her to have, and therefore she shames the family and must die. Explain what Nada represents in this novel and how she changes throughout the course of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Choose three of the leaders from this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the way they rule their people, their political beliefs, and their successes/failures.
Essay Topic 3
What type of leader is Ibrahim? Support your opinion using detailed examples from the text.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)