|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kaukji tell Ibrahim he must take his people and their tribes?
2. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
3. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
4. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
5. When Ibrahim and Gideon meet in Part 2, Chapter 11, how long has it been since they last met?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
2. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
3. What happens when Ibrahim tells Ishmael to kill him?
4. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
5. Why does Ibrahim call Gideon in Part 2, Chapter 11?
6. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
7. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
8. What is Gideon's role after the news of the Jewish death camps?
9. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
10. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role of the refugee camp. How do these camps impact the people who stay in them? How do they impact the people who do not stay in them? What is the message the author delivers about refugee camps?
Essay Topic 2
What is the impact of being migrant? Explore the migrant tribes and the refugees and examine the affect a migratory life has on the people and the places they visit. How is this important to the overall Arab condition?
Essay Topic 3
How does Dr. Mudhil impact the relationship between Ishmael and the world around him? How would you characterize, or describe, Mudhil's role in this novel?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)