|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
(a) He is anti-war.
(b) He wants Jerusalem.
(c) He thinks Palestine belongs to them.
(d) His father was Jewish.
2. In Part 4, Chapter 11, what is Abdullah's dream for the middle east?
(a) Retiring to Egypt.
(b) Forming Greater Syria.
(c) Destroying Israel.
(d) Taking over Iran.
3. Where do Ishmael and Jamil find a place to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) A cave.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A French restaurant.
(d) A hole in the ground.
4. How old is Ishmael when he begins to teach at Wadi Bakkah School?
5. How does Ursula kill a Persian guest before Ibrahim kills Kabir?
(a) She poisons him.
(b) She drowns him.
(c) She stabs him.
(d) She shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the refugee camps in Jericho, where does Ibrahim say he is a prisoner?
2. What does Ibrahim have Ishmael do at the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
3. Why does Ibrahim go to the Latrun rooftop?
4. After the war, what does Gideon learn when he goes to Tel Aviv to meet with Ben-Gurion?
5. Who does Nada become involved with while staying with Hamdi Othman?
Short Essay Questions
1. After leaving Tabah, why does Ibrahim refuse to be called a refugee?
2. What happens after the death of Abdullah?
3. Why does Ursula seek revenge against Kabir?
4. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
5. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
6. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
7. What does Ibrahim discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
8. How does Ibrahim change after Omar leaves?
9. What does Ibrahim discuss with the mayor of Nablus?
10. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)