|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Charles Maan practice?
2. Where is Kabir's elegant villa?
3. Who does Ibrahim send away so he won't have to become part of the Jordanian army?
4. Who is Abu Rommel?
(a) Sabri's militant name.
(b) The man who hires Nada.
(c) The Egyptian United Nations representative.
(d) Ibrahim's boss.
5. What does Ibrahim have Ishmael do at the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
(a) Take notes to write a letter to the editor.
(b) Make contacts to get a good job.
(c) Help Ibrahim prepare a speech.
(d) Find out who is against Ibrahim.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 1, what makes Ishmael begin to accept reality?
2. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
3. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
4. What is Nuri Mudhil a professor of?
5. Who does Ibrahim get a job for after the United Nations gave him a committee position at the refugee camps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
2. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
3. Why does Ursula seek revenge against Kabir?
4. What makes Ishmael jealous of Sabri in Part 3, Chapter 5?
5. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
6. What is the Jericho Project?
7. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
8. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
9. What disagreement does Jamil have with his father in Part 4, Chapters 6-10?
10. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)