|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
2. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
(a) Start religious ceremonies.
(b) Have people build things themselves.
(c) Start planting farms.
(d) Have people start riots.
3. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada agree to do when Sabri is caught with Nada?
(a) Not tell Ibrahim.
(b) Let Nada decide what is best.
(c) Give Sabri a chance to explain himself.
(d) Tell Ibrahim.
4. Where does Gamal Abdel Nasser have a successful coup?
5. What convention does Maan tell Ibrahim he wants to hold?
(a) A convention for rebuilding cities.
(b) A convention for refugees.
(c) A convention for people who need jobs.
(d) A convention for Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Ibrahim get for selling his truck?
2. Where do Ishmael and Jamil find a place to hide their arms in Jericho?
3. Where is the refugee camp Ibrahim's former villager's want Ibrahim to go to?
4. What does Ursula tell Ibrahim when he meets with her before the Zurich conference?
5. Why does Ishmael want Nada to learn to read and write?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Wadi Bakkah School like?
2. What happens after the death of Abdullah?
3. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
4. What makes Ishmael jealous of Sabri in Part 3, Chapter 5?
5. What is the home of Hamdi Othman and his wife like?
6. How does Ibrahim change after Omar leaves?
7. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
8. How does Mudhil help Ishmael secure a job?
9. What does Ibrahim discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
10. What disagreement does Jamil have with his father in Part 4, Chapters 6-10?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)