|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
(d) The Bedouin.
2. What does Ibrahim discuss with Sheik Taji and Charles Maan?
(a) Egypt's tyranny.
(b) Control over Palestine.
(c) Moving to England.
(d) Starting a war with Jordan.
3. What happens shortly after the Arabs capture the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem?
(a) The British step in.
(b) The Jews start fighting back.
(c) The Russians get involved.
(d) The Arabs take Tabah.
4. Who does Ibrahim send away so he won't have to become part of the Jordanian army?
5. Who does Nada become involved with while staying with Hamdi Othman?
(a) A Russian novelist.
(b) Hamdi's son.
(d) A French diplomat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nuri Mudhil a professor of?
2. Who does the Pope invite to meet with him to discuss the treatment of Christian Arabs in refugee camps?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
4. What causes people to die at the Aqbat Jabar refugee camp?
5. Who says, "The Palestinian people have never ruled themselves, nor ever attempted to rule themselves"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
2. How do Ibrahim and Ishmael plan to contact Gideon in Part 4, Chapters 1-5?
3. What is the Wadi Bakkah School like?
4. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
5. What makes Ishmael jealous of Sabri in Part 3, Chapter 5?
6. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
7. Why does Ibrahim tell Ishmael he may have to kill Sabri?
8. What is the home of Hamdi Othman and his wife like?
9. Why does Prince Ali Rahman call Kabir in Zurich?
10. What is the Jericho Project?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)