|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nada do when Ishmael catches her with Sabri?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She hits him with a wrench.
(c) She cries.
(d) She threatens to kill him.
2. Where is the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
3. Why does Zyyad want control of the West Bank?
(a) So Jews can't take his home.
(b) Because it is the biggest territory available.
(c) Because he knows Gideon wants it most.
(d) So Jordan will have a port.
4. In Part 4, Chapter 11, what is Abdullah's dream for the middle east?
(a) Destroying Israel.
(b) Retiring to Egypt.
(c) Taking over Iran.
(d) Forming Greater Syria.
5. What religion does Charles Maan practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ibrahim manage to arrange a meeting with the mayor of Nablus?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
3. Why is Ishmael able to get a job with the Iraqi army?
4. What work does Ibrahim do in Nablus?
5. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ibrahim change after Omar leaves?
2. What is the Jericho Project?
3. What makes Ishmael jealous of Sabri in Part 3, Chapter 5?
4. How does Hamdi convince Nada to stay with him as his lover?
5. What is the home of Hamdi Othman and his wife like?
6. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
7. What are the refugee camps like in Jericho?
8. What is the lie surrounding Jamil's death?
9. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
10. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)