|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gamal Abdel Nasser have a successful coup?
2. How do Ibrahim and his family keep the Bedouin away while they are in Jericho?
(a) They hide in caves.
(b) They stay with a priest.
(c) They dress like the British.
(d) They set up explosives.
3. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
4. Who does Ibrahim send away so he won't have to become part of the Jordanian army?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
(a) That it's art will be lost.
(b) That the villagers need to go home.
(c) That it will be part of Palestine.
(d) That it will be part of Isreal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
2. How much money does Ibrahim get for selling his truck?
3. Why does Ibrahim go to the Latrun rooftop?
4. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
5. What religion does Charles Maan practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ibrahim discuss with the mayor of Nablus?
2. What does Mayor Bakshir think about Palestine's government?
3. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
4. What disagreement does Jamil have with his father in Part 4, Chapters 6-10?
5. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
6. Why does Ursula seek revenge against Kabir?
7. What is the home of Hamdi Othman and his wife like?
8. What are the refugee camps like in Jericho?
9. How does Gideon feel about letting the Egyptians keep Gaza?
10. Why does Ibrahim tell Ishmael he may have to kill Sabri?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)