|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ursula tell Ibrahim when he meets with her before the Zurich conference?
(a) That Gideon has been misleading him.
(b) That Kabir planned to kill him.
(c) That someone is going to steal his money.
(d) That she can't keep his secrets any longer.
2. In Part 5, Chapter 1, what makes Ishmael begin to accept reality?
(a) Working as a shepherd.
(b) Living in the desert.
(c) Being away from a refugee camp.
(d) Being away from his father.
3. Why is Bakshir assassinated?
(a) For blowing up a kibbutz.
(b) For building a mosque.
(c) For hiding during the war.
(d) For supporting Abdullah.
4. What does Ibrahim have Ishmael do at the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
(a) Take notes to write a letter to the editor.
(b) Make contacts to get a good job.
(c) Find out who is against Ibrahim.
(d) Help Ibrahim prepare a speech.
5. How is Sabri able to support his family in Gaza?
(a) Working for the Egyptians.
(b) Printing a newspaper.
(c) Stealing and selling arms.
(d) Rebuilding cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ibrahim tell Ishmael they must leave Jericho for Tabah?
2. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada find in the cave they explore that is above their own?
3. How does Ibrahim manage to arrange a meeting with the mayor of Nablus?
4. What do the resolutions presented at Charles Maan support?
5. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada agree to do when Sabri is caught with Nada?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
2. What does Mayor Bakshir think about Palestine's government?
3. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
4. How does Hamdi convince Nada to stay with him as his lover?
5. What is the Wadi Bakkah School like?
6. How does Ibrahim change after Omar leaves?
7. How do Ibrahim and Ishmael plan to contact Gideon in Part 4, Chapters 1-5?
8. What is the Jericho Project?
9. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
10. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)