|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Abu Rommel?
(a) The Egyptian United Nations representative.
(b) Ibrahim's boss.
(c) The man who hires Nada.
(d) Sabri's militant name.
2. What happens shortly after the Arabs capture the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem?
(a) The British step in.
(b) The Arabs take Tabah.
(c) The Jews start fighting back.
(d) The Russians get involved.
3. What job does Ibrahim find for Nada with the United Nations in Amman?
(b) Caretaker for children.
(d) Delivery girl.
4. What is Nuri Mudhil a professor of?
5. Where does Gamal Abdel Nasser have a successful coup?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ishmael able to get a job with the Iraqi army?
2. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
3. How does Ibrahim manage to arrange a meeting with the mayor of Nablus?
4. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
5. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hamdi convince Nada to stay with him as his lover?
2. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
3. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
4. After leaving Tabah, why does Ibrahim refuse to be called a refugee?
5. How does Gideon feel about letting the Egyptians keep Gaza?
6. What happens after the death of Abdullah?
7. What happens as everyone leaves the West Bank Refugee Convention?
8. What are the refugee camps like in Jericho?
9. Why does Prince Ali Rahman call Kabir in Zurich?
10. How do Ibrahim and Ishmael plan to contact Gideon in Part 4, Chapters 1-5?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)