|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ibrahim and his family find refuge in Tulkarm?
(a) An olive grove.
(b) A manger.
(c) A refugee shelter.
(d) An apple orchard.
2. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
3. When Kabir meets with Rahman to discuss the Zurich conference, who does Kabir feel can be bribed?
4. Why does Ishmael want Nada to learn to read and write?
(a) So she won't be so bored.
(b) She will need the skills in the future.
(c) So she can pretend to be a boy.
(d) So she can make money as a scribe.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
(a) Fifty thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
2. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
3. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada find in the cave they explore that is above their own?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
5. In Part 5, Chapter 1, what makes Ishmael begin to accept reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Mudhil give Ibrahim in an upcoming conference in Part 4, Chapter 5?
2. How does Gideon feel about letting the Egyptians keep Gaza?
3. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
4. What is the home of Hamdi Othman and his wife like?
5. How does Hamdi convince Nada to stay with him as his lover?
6. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
7. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
8. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
9. What happens as everyone leaves the West Bank Refugee Convention?
10. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)