|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
2. Why is Bakshir assassinated?
(a) For hiding during the war.
(b) For building a mosque.
(c) For blowing up a kibbutz.
(d) For supporting Abdullah.
3. How do Ibrahim and his family keep the Bedouin away while they are in Jericho?
(a) They set up explosives.
(b) They dress like the British.
(c) They stay with a priest.
(d) They hide in caves.
4. Where do Ishmael and Jamil find a place to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) A cave.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A French restaurant.
(d) A hole in the ground.
5. Why does Ishmael want Nada to learn to read and write?
(a) She will need the skills in the future.
(b) So she can pretend to be a boy.
(c) So she won't be so bored.
(d) So she can make money as a scribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Ibrahim get for selling his truck?
2. Why does Ibrahim reject all offers of marriage for Nada?
3. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
4. Why does Zyyad want control of the West Bank?
5. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
2. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
3. What does Ibrahim discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
4. How does Hamdi convince Nada to stay with him as his lover?
5. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
6. What is the Wadi Bakkah School like?
7. How does Mudhil help Ishmael secure a job?
8. How does Gideon feel about letting the Egyptians keep Gaza?
9. What is the lie surrounding Jamil's death?
10. Why does Ibrahim tell Ishmael he may have to kill Sabri?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)