|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 11, what is Abdullah's dream for the middle east?
(a) Retiring to Egypt.
(b) Forming Greater Syria.
(c) Taking over Iran.
(d) Destroying Israel.
2. Why does Ibrahim reject all offers of marriage for Nada?
(a) She asks him to.
(b) He doesn't want her married to a refugee.
(c) He feels that she is too young.
(d) He wants her to wait until she gets back to Tabah.
3. Why does Husain have a regency when he becomes king of Jordan?
(a) He asked for one.
(b) He wasn't old enough.
(c) He was considered to be dumb.
(d) He wasn't trusted by the court.
4. How many refugees does Jordan take in?
(a) More than one million.
(b) Half a million.
(c) Two-hundred and fifty thousand.
5. Where is the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
2. How is Sabri able to support his family in Gaza?
3. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
4. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
5. While at the refugee camp in Jericho, who is the only member of Ibrahim's group that is working?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the death of Abdullah?
2. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
3. What is the lie surrounding Jamil's death?
4. What happens as everyone leaves the West Bank Refugee Convention?
5. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
6. What does Ibrahim discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
7. How does Mudhil help Ishmael secure a job?
8. How does Hamdi convince Nada to stay with him as his lover?
9. Why does Ibrahim tell Ishmael he may have to kill Sabri?
10. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)