|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kaukji tell Ibrahim he must take his people and their tribes?
2. Why do Gideon and Foote meet at a restaurant in Jerusalem?
(a) To discuss a new Jewish settlement.
(b) To discuss moving the Jews back to Europe.
(c) To discuss how to build better bombs.
(d) To discuss what is happening in Tabah.
3. How do the Christian Arabs feel about Kaukji's attacks?
(a) They wanted no part of them.
(b) They were didn't know anything about the attacks.
(c) They wanted to help the Jews.
(d) They wanted to help the Arabs.
4. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
(a) The British.
(b) The French.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Arabs.
5. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
(a) They don't care.
(b) They think it is funny.
(c) They are shocked.
(d) They are jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
2. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
3. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
4. How does news of the Jewish death camps affect Tabah?
5. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
2. Why does Ibrahim tell Ishmael he may have to kill Sabri?
3. After leaving Tabah, why does Ibrahim refuse to be called a refugee?
4. Why does Ibrahim call Gideon in Part 2, Chapter 11?
5. What does Mayor Bakshir think about Palestine's government?
6. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
7. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim make it to the Zurich conference?
8. How does Mudhil help Ibrahim find Gideon?
9. What advice does Brompton give regarding Plan D?
10. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)