|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
2. After Kaukji's attacks on On January 10, 1948, what does he report to his leaders?
(a) That he wasn't able to get his men out of Syria.
(b) That he captured 50 Jews.
(c) That the attacks failed.
(d) That the attacks were successful.
3. Why is Kaukji seeking revenge against Tabah?
(a) Because he thinks they starting the war.
(b) Because they wouldn't pay him a tax.
(c) Because of his failed attack against them.
(d) Because there are too many Jews there.
4. Where does Kaukji tell Ibrahim he must take his people and their tribes?
5. When Ibrahim tells the people of Tabah to evacuate, what is Farouk responsible for bringing with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
2. What does Kabir promise Farouk after the war if he stays in Tabah?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1 -5, how does Ibrahim feel about Gideon?
4. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
5. What does Ibrahim say will happen to Ishmael when he catches him visiting the kibbutz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
2. What is Operation Nachshon?
3. As a child, what is Ishmael's relationship with the Jews like?
4. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
5. When Gideon and Foote meet in a Jerusalem restaurant to discuss the events in Tabah that worry them, what do they focus on?
6. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
7. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
8. Why does Ibrahim have a feast for Kabir when he arrived in Tabah?
9. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
10. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)