|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
(a) The Irregulars.
(b) The Jihad Soliders.
(c) The Arab Embarkment.
(d) The Propers.
2. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) It has been a very dry year.
(b) Ibrahim broke it.
(c) Kabir sold the rights to water.
(d) The well was filled with cement.
3. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
(a) They will give him half their crops.
(b) They will market his oil.
(c) They will can his oil.
(d) They will refer all their customers to him.
4. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
(a) A sand storm.
(b) An Arab riot.
(c) Mufti build a fortress.
(d) Jews smash the windows of a Mosque.
5. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
2. What does Kabir promise Farouk after the war if he stays in Tabah?
3. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
4. What are the Wahhabi known for?
5. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
2. When Gideon and Foote meet in a Jerusalem restaurant to discuss the events in Tabah that worry them, what do they focus on?
3. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
4. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
5. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
6. What do Ibrahim and Gideon discuss when they meet in Part 2, Chapter 7?
7. What is Operation Nachshon?
8. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
9. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
10. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)