|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
(a) Ibrahim won't give them money.
(b) Mufti is trying to take over Tabah.
(c) The villager is a criminal.
(d) They confuse the villager with someone else.
2. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
(a) It was a Jihad soldier base.
(b) It was a good hiding spot.
(c) They were protecting the people of Tabah.
(d) They didn't trust the people of Tabah.
3. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
(a) The British.
(b) The Arabs.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The French.
4. Why do Gideon and Foote meet at a restaurant in Jerusalem?
(a) To discuss what is happening in Tabah.
(b) To discuss a new Jewish settlement.
(c) To discuss moving the Jews back to Europe.
(d) To discuss how to build better bombs.
5. What part of Palestine did Fawzi Kabir sell most of to the Jews?
(c) Avalon valley.
(d) Red Sea beaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
2. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
3. What is the name of the King of Jordan's army?
4. In Chapter 16, Ibrahim says that there will be a war over Palestine when?
5. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ibrahim do to try to secure safe passage for his villagers to Beruit.
2. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
3. Why does Ibrahim call Gideon in Part 2, Chapter 11?
4. What is Gideon's role after the news of the Jewish death camps?
5. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
6. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
7. What role does Fawzi Kabir play in displacing Arabs from Palestine?
8. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
9. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
10. Why does Ibrahim have a feast for Kabir when he arrived in Tabah?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)