|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
(a) Because the Arabs attack.
(b) Because someone has stolen something.
(c) Because there is a storm.
(d) Because someone has broken in.
2. When Ibrahim tells the people of Tabah to evacuate, what is Farouk responsible for bringing with him?
3. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) He is not afraid of them.
(b) All his friends are Jewish.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He isn't aware they exist.
4. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Build new roads.
(b) Start a chain of hotels.
(c) Build hospitals.
(d) Start a farm.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 1 -5, how does Ibrahim feel about Gideon?
(a) He is glad he has Gideon as a friend.
(b) He misses Gideon.
(c) He is angry at Gideon.
(d) He doesn't think about Gideon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
2. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
3. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
4. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
5. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a child, what is Ishmael's relationship with the Jews like?
2. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
3. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
4. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
5. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
6. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
7. Why does Ibrahim have a feast for Kabir when he arrived in Tabah?
8. What do Ibrahim and Gideon discuss when they meet in Part 2, Chapter 7?
9. What role does Fawzi Kabir play in displacing Arabs from Palestine?
10. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)