|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
2. Who rescues Ibrahim and his family in Part 2, Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
(a) Because he read it in a book.
(b) Because he does not believe in rulers.
(c) Because he knows Arabs will win.
(d) Because he lives in the desert.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
(a) Take as much of Palestine as he can.
(b) Buy Jewish tanks.
(c) Sell his compound.
(d) Have a large meeting.
5. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A coffeehouse.
(c) An after-hours restaurant.
(d) A theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gideon, what is Islam used as an excuse for?
2. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
3. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
4. What does Ibrahim do to the perimeter of his town when the riots and attacks begin to reach the valley of Avalon?
5. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
2. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
3. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
4. Why does Ibrahim have a feast for Kabir when he arrived in Tabah?
5. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
6. When Gideon and Foote meet in a Jerusalem restaurant to discuss the events in Tabah that worry them, what do they focus on?
7. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
8. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
9. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
10. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)