|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A shop owner.
(c) A goatherd.
(d) A religious leader.
2. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
(a) He was buying a lot of land.
(b) He was trying to find his religion.
(c) He was wanted for war crimes.
(d) He travelled for work.
3. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
(a) They were protecting the people of Tabah.
(b) They didn't trust the people of Tabah.
(c) It was a Jihad soldier base.
(d) It was a good hiding spot.
4. Why do the Irgun and Haganah retaliate in Jerusalem?
(a) Their buildings were set on fire.
(b) They were bombed.
(c) Their tanks were stolen.
(d) Their women were taken.
5. What makes Ibrahim nervous about the hotel the driver of the Mercedes takes him on Christmas?
(a) It is in a bad part of town.
(b) It was run by Arab rebels.
(c) He doesn't know what the drive wants with him.
(d) It is owned by Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tabah considered an enemy village to Gideon?
2. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
3. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
4. What makes Ishmael curious about the kibbutz?
5. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Jews do to prepare their land for farming?
2. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
3. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
4. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
5. What happens when Bockmann visits the Mufti in Jerusalem in 1937?
6. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
7. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
8. What is Operation Nachshon?
9. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
10. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)