|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ibrahim and Gideon meet in Part 2, Chapter 11, how long has it been since they last met?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
2. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
3. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
(a) They were not included in it.
(b) They turned it down immediately.
(c) They counter-offered.
(d) They agreed to it.
4. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
(a) He was wanted for war crimes.
(b) He travelled for work.
(c) He was buying a lot of land.
(d) He was trying to find his religion.
5. Why is Ramiza treated poorly by the people of Tabah?
(a) Because she is mean to Ibrahim.
(b) Because she is poor.
(c) Because she has no sons.
(d) Because she is a second wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
2. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
3. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
4. What makes Ibrahim nervous about the hotel the driver of the Mercedes takes him on Christmas?
5. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
2. What advice does Brompton give regarding Plan D?
3. What happens when Ibrahim refuses to give money or men to the Mufti and the Arab Higher Committee?
4. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
5. What does Ibrahim do to try to secure safe passage for his villagers to Beruit.
6. What happens when Bockmann visits the Mufti in Jerusalem in 1937?
7. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
8. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
9. What do the Jews do to prepare their land for farming?
10. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)