|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
2. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
(a) An Arab riot.
(b) Mufti build a fortress.
(c) Jews smash the windows of a Mosque.
(d) A sand storm.
3. What do most Arabs think about the United Nations' plan for a partition of Palestine?
(a) They wanted to help create it.
(b) They thought the British were behind it.
(c) They thought it would not pass.
(d) They thought it was a great idea.
4. What is Plan D?
(a) A plan to offer defense to Jewish settlements.
(b) A plan to set fire to Jewish settlements.
(c) A plan to use car bombs on Jewish settlements.
(d) A plan to allow Jews to use stolen tanks.
5. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
(a) To split the conquered land in half.
(b) To move the women and children away.
(c) To pay a settlement to the Jews.
(d) To bomb only every other day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
2. In Chapter 12, who is said to have "firmly established a new era and a new principle"?
3. Why do Gideon and Foote meet at a restaurant in Jerusalem?
4. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
5. Why is Tabah considered an enemy village to Gideon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
2. What happens when Ibrahim refuses to give money or men to the Mufti and the Arab Higher Committee?
3. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
4. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
5. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
6. What is Operation Nachshon?
7. What do the Jewish people do when they first arrive?
8. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
9. What is Gideon's role after the news of the Jewish death camps?
10. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)