|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
(a) A cookbook.
(b) A Bible.
(d) A Koran.
2. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
(a) The knoll.
(b) The cave.
(c) The center of town.
(d) The mountain.
3. What do the Mufti do to cause Arabs to attack the Jewish Quarter?
(a) Paid them to do it.
(b) Threatened them if they didn't do it.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) Give a speech.
4. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
5. When Fawzi Kabir dines with Ibrahim in his tents, what does Ibrahim ask for help with?
(a) Establishing guards.
(b) Building a road.
(c) Starting a farm.
(d) Paying his rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
2. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
3. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
4. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
5. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ibrahim discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
2. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
3. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
4. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
5. What role does Fawzi Kabir play in displacing Arabs from Palestine?
6. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
7. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
8. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
9. What does Mudhil tell Ishmael at the end of Part 5, Chapter 14?
10. What is Gideon's role after the news of the Jewish death camps?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)