|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
(a) Buy Jewish tanks.
(b) Have a large meeting.
(c) Sell his compound.
(d) Take as much of Palestine as he can.
2. What was the retaliation for Deir Yassin following the Irgun attack?
(a) Arabs attacked a medical convey.
(b) Arabs attacked Gideon's house.
(c) Arabs attacked a kibbutz.
(d) Arabs attacked a school.
3. What do the Mufti do to cause Arabs to attack the Jewish Quarter?
(a) Threatened them if they didn't do it.
(b) Paid them to do it.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) Give a speech.
4. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
(a) They were protecting the people of Tabah.
(b) They didn't trust the people of Tabah.
(c) It was a Jihad soldier base.
(d) It was a good hiding spot.
5. How does Ibrahim plan to pay for the boat to take his villagers to Gaza?
(a) By borrowing money from Kabir.
(b) By selling supplies.
(c) By stealing the boat.
(d) By offering bribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
2. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
3. According to Gideon, what is Islam used as an excuse for?
4. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
5. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ibrahim refuses to give money or men to the Mufti and the Arab Higher Committee?
2. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
3. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
4. What advice does Brompton give regarding Plan D?
5. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
6. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
7. What role does Fawzi Kabir play in displacing Arabs from Palestine?
8. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
9. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
10. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)