|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Ibrahim nervous about the hotel the driver of the Mercedes takes him on Christmas?
(a) It is owned by Jews.
(b) It is in a bad part of town.
(c) It was run by Arab rebels.
(d) He doesn't know what the drive wants with him.
2. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
3. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
4. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They think it is funny.
(c) They are shocked.
(d) They don't care.
5. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
2. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
3. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
4. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
5. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Jews do to prepare their land for farming?
2. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
3. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
4. Why does Ibrahim call Gideon in Part 2, Chapter 11?
5. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
6. As a child, what is Ishmael's relationship with the Jews like?
7. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
8. What is Operation Nachshon?
9. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
10. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)