|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
(a) To pay a settlement to the Jews.
(b) To split the conquered land in half.
(c) To move the women and children away.
(d) To bomb only every other day.
2. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
3. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
(a) They were not included in it.
(b) They counter-offered.
(c) They agreed to it.
(d) They turned it down immediately.
4. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) Ibrahim broke it.
(b) The well was filled with cement.
(c) It has been a very dry year.
(d) Kabir sold the rights to water.
5. What makes Ibrahim nervous about the hotel the driver of the Mercedes takes him on Christmas?
(a) It was run by Arab rebels.
(b) It is in a bad part of town.
(c) It is owned by Jews.
(d) He doesn't know what the drive wants with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
2. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
3. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
4. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
5. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
2. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
3. What does Ibrahim do to try to secure safe passage for his villagers to Beruit.
4. What advice does Brompton give regarding Plan D?
5. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
6. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
7. As a child, what is Ishmael's relationship with the Jews like?
8. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
9. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
10. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)