|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kaukji tell Ibrahim he must take his people and their tribes?
2. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
(a) Because he read it in a book.
(b) Because he knows Arabs will win.
(c) Because he does not believe in rulers.
(d) Because he lives in the desert.
3. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
(a) The British.
(b) The French.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Arabs.
4. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
5. In Chapter 16, Ibrahim says that there will be a war over Palestine when?
(a) After the new year.
(b) Right before summer begins.
(c) After the World War.
(d) When Jews out number the Arabs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ibrahim tells the people of Tabah to evacuate, what is Farouk responsible for bringing with him?
2. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
3. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
4. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
5. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
2. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
3. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
4. What does Ibrahim do to try to secure safe passage for his villagers to Beruit.
5. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
6. What advice does Brompton give regarding Plan D?
7. What do the Jews do to prepare their land for farming?
8. Why does Ibrahim call Gideon in Part 2, Chapter 11?
9. What happens when Bockmann visits the Mufti in Jerusalem in 1937?
10. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)