|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the retaliation for Deir Yassin following the Irgun attack?
(a) Arabs attacked a school.
(b) Arabs attacked a medical convey.
(c) Arabs attacked a kibbutz.
(d) Arabs attacked Gideon's house.
2. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
(a) The center of town.
(b) The knoll.
(c) The cave.
(d) The mountain.
3. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) An after-hours restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A coffeehouse.
(d) A theater.
4. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
(a) Threaten the leaders.
(b) Give it to the Jews.
(c) Annex it.
(d) Burn it.
5. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
(a) The Propers.
(b) The Arab Embarkment.
(c) The Irregulars.
(d) The Jihad Soliders.
Short Answer Questions
1. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
2. Where does Ibrahim hide the night before he is set to take a boat to Beirut?
3. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
4. In Chapter 12, who is said to have "firmly established a new era and a new principle"?
5. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
2. As a child, what is Ishmael's relationship with the Jews like?
3. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
4. Why does Ibrahim have a feast for Kabir when he arrived in Tabah?
5. Why does Ibrahim call Gideon in Part 2, Chapter 11?
6. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
7. What is Gideon's role after the news of the Jewish death camps?
8. What is Operation Nachshon?
9. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
10. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)