|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
2. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
(a) Tel Iviv.
(b) Walid Azziz.
3. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
(a) To move the women and children away.
(b) To bomb only every other day.
(c) To pay a settlement to the Jews.
(d) To split the conquered land in half.
4. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
(a) He was buying a lot of land.
(b) He was wanted for war crimes.
(c) He was trying to find his religion.
(d) He travelled for work.
5. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Start a chain of hotels.
(b) Start a farm.
(c) Build new roads.
(d) Build hospitals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
2. What are the Wahhabi known for?
3. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
4. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
5. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
2. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
3. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
4. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
5. What do Ibrahim and Gideon discuss when they meet in Part 2, Chapter 7?
6. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
7. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
8. What happens when Bockmann visits the Mufti in Jerusalem in 1937?
9. As a child, what is Ishmael's relationship with the Jews like?
10. What advice does Brompton give regarding Plan D?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)