|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
2. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
(a) Threaten the leaders.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Annex it.
(d) Give it to the Jews.
3. What is the name of the King of Jordan's army?
(a) Arab Power.
(b) Arab Legion.
(c) Arab Secret Forces.
(d) Arab Blockade.
4. How do the Christian Arabs feel about Kaukji's attacks?
(a) They were didn't know anything about the attacks.
(b) They wanted to help the Jews.
(c) They wanted to help the Arabs.
(d) They wanted no part of them.
5. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
(a) Arab Power First.
(b) The Mufti.
(c) Moslem Brotherhood.
(d) Kibbutz Busters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
2. What was the retaliation for Deir Yassin following the Irgun attack?
3. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
4. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
5. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Ishmael jealous of Sabri in Part 3, Chapter 5?
2. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
3. What happens to Ishmael when he is with the Sirhan Bedouin?
4. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
5. What does Mayor Bakshir think about Palestine's government?
6. As a child, what is Ishmael's relationship with the Jews like?
7. What is the Wadi Bakkah School like?
8. What role does Fawzi Kabir play in displacing Arabs from Palestine?
9. What happens when Ibrahim tells Ishmael to kill him?
10. How does Hamdi convince Nada to stay with him as his lover?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)