|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
2. What makes Ibrahim nervous about the hotel the driver of the Mercedes takes him on Christmas?
(a) He doesn't know what the drive wants with him.
(b) It is in a bad part of town.
(c) It is owned by Jews.
(d) It was run by Arab rebels.
3. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
4. What is the name of the King of Jordan's army?
(a) Arab Legion.
(b) Arab Secret Forces.
(c) Arab Blockade.
(d) Arab Power.
5. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
(a) It was a good hiding spot.
(b) They didn't trust the people of Tabah.
(c) It was a Jihad soldier base.
(d) They were protecting the people of Tabah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
2. What does Kabir promise Farouk after the war if he stays in Tabah?
3. Where does Ibrahim hide the night before he is set to take a boat to Beirut?
4. How does Ibrahim feel about the unity described by Kaukji in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
2. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
3. What is Operation Nachshon?
4. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
5. What happens when Ibrahim tells Ishmael to kill him?
6. What does Ibrahim discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
7. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
8. What happens when Nada returns home for a visit in Part 5?
9. Why does Ibrahim have a feast for Kabir when he arrived in Tabah?
10. How do Ibrahim and Ishmael plan to contact Gideon in Part 4, Chapters 1-5?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)