|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibrahim tell Kabir he must have before leaving Tabah?
(a) A promise that he can return.
(b) An army.
(c) The funds.
2. What makes Ishmael curious about the kibbutz?
(a) Reading the Koran.
(b) His father's secrecy.
(c) Living next to one.
(d) Gideon's talks.
3. How does Ibrahim feel about the unity described by Kaukji in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is unsure.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is excited.
4. How does Ishmael witness the rape of his family members by Kaukji's men?
(a) They capture him with the women.
(b) He is hiding in the same room.
(c) He is part of Kaukji's group.
(d) He is trying to save them.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 1 -5, how does Ibrahim feel about Gideon?
(a) He misses Gideon.
(b) He is glad he has Gideon as a friend.
(c) He is angry at Gideon.
(d) He doesn't think about Gideon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
2. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
3. Why is Ramiza treated poorly by the people of Tabah?
4. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
5. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
2. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
3. What happens when Bockmann visits the Mufti in Jerusalem in 1937?
4. What do Ibrahim and Gideon discuss when they meet in Part 2, Chapter 7?
5. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
6. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
7. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
8. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
9. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
10. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)