|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
(a) They think it is funny.
(b) They don't care.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They are shocked.
2. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
(a) A synagogue.
(b) The town center.
(d) A kibbutz.
3. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) All his friends are Jewish.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He is not afraid of them.
(d) He isn't aware they exist.
4. What makes Ishmael curious about the kibbutz?
(a) His father's secrecy.
(b) Reading the Koran.
(c) Gideon's talks.
(d) Living next to one.
5. Who rescues Ibrahim and his family in Part 2, Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Gideon and Foote meet at a restaurant in Jerusalem?
2. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
3. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
4. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
5. While on his deathbed in Chapter 1, what does Ibrahim's father give him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
2. What do Ibrahim and Gideon discuss when they meet in Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
4. What happens when Ibrahim refuses to give money or men to the Mufti and the Arab Higher Committee?
5. What is Gideon's role after the news of the Jewish death camps?
6. What advice does Brompton give regarding Plan D?
7. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
8. What happens when Bockmann visits the Mufti in Jerusalem in 1937?
9. As a child, what is Ishmael's relationship with the Jews like?
10. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)