|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ibrahim plan to pay for the boat to take his villagers to Gaza?
(a) By stealing the boat.
(b) By offering bribes.
(c) By borrowing money from Kabir.
(d) By selling supplies.
2. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1 -5, how does Ibrahim feel about Gideon?
(a) He is glad he has Gideon as a friend.
(b) He misses Gideon.
(c) He is angry at Gideon.
(d) He doesn't think about Gideon.
4. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
(a) A shop owner.
(b) A goatherd.
(c) A religious leader.
(d) A scientist.
5. What does Ibrahim say will happen to Ishmael when he catches him visiting the kibbutz?
(a) He will kill him.
(b) He will send him back to his mother.
(c) He will sell him.
(d) He will take him out of school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
2. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
3. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
4. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
5. What do most Arabs think about the United Nations' plan for a partition of Palestine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
2. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
3. What role does Fawzi Kabir play in displacing Arabs from Palestine?
4. What do the Jews do to prepare their land for farming?
5. What is Operation Nachshon?
6. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
7. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
8. Why does Ibrahim have a feast for Kabir when he arrived in Tabah?
9. What do the Jewish people do when they first arrive?
10. What advice does Brompton give regarding Plan D?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)