|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kaukji tell Ibrahim he must take his people and their tribes?
2. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
(a) He feels that Gideon is too smart for them.
(b) He knows they are stronger.
(c) There is a warning omen in the air.
(d) Previous attacks have failed.
3. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
(a) He was buying a lot of land.
(b) He was trying to find his religion.
(c) He was wanted for war crimes.
(d) He travelled for work.
4. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
5. When Ibrahim and Gideon meet in Part 2, Chapter 11, how long has it been since they last met?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
2. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
3. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
4. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
5. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in Jericho, how does Ibrahim protect his family at night?
2. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
3. What happens when Ibrahim tells Ishmael to kill him?
4. In Part 3, Chapters 6-10, what does Ibrahim decide about Tabah?
5. Why does Ibrahim call Gideon in Part 2, Chapter 11?
6. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
7. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
8. What is Gideon's role after the news of the Jewish death camps?
9. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
10. What does Maan discuss at the West Bank Refugee Convention?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)