|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
(a) Five-hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Ten-thousand dollars.
(c) The end of Arab attacks on Tel Aviv.
(d) The end of Arab attacks on Jerusalem.
2. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
(a) For going to Mecca.
(b) For striking a deal with the Jews.
(c) For having a vision.
(d) For having the most sons.
3. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
(a) An Arab riot.
(b) A sand storm.
(c) Mufti build a fortress.
(d) Jews smash the windows of a Mosque.
4. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Build hospitals.
(b) Start a farm.
(c) Build new roads.
(d) Start a chain of hotels.
5. When Ibrahim tells the people of Tabah to evacuate, what is Farouk responsible for bringing with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
2. What is Plan D?
3. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
4. What are the Wahhabi known for?
5. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Fawzi Kabir play in displacing Arabs from Palestine?
2. What is Operation Nachshon?
3. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
4. When Gideon and Foote meet in a Jerusalem restaurant to discuss the events in Tabah that worry them, what do they focus on?
5. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
6. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
7. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
8. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
9. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
10. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)