|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
(a) At the library.
(b) At Ibrahim's shop.
(c) At Gideon's.
(d) At city hall.
2. Why is Ramiza treated poorly by the people of Tabah?
(a) Because she is poor.
(b) Because she is mean to Ibrahim.
(c) Because she is a second wife.
(d) Because she has no sons.
3. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
(a) He feels that Gideon is too smart for them.
(b) He knows they are stronger.
(c) There is a warning omen in the air.
(d) Previous attacks have failed.
4. What makes Ibrahim nervous about the hotel the driver of the Mercedes takes him on Christmas?
(a) It is owned by Jews.
(b) It was run by Arab rebels.
(c) It is in a bad part of town.
(d) He doesn't know what the drive wants with him.
5. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
(a) He was wanted for war crimes.
(b) He travelled for work.
(c) He was buying a lot of land.
(d) He was trying to find his religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
2. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
3. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
4. When Ibrahim and Gideon meet in Part 2, Chapter 11, how long has it been since they last met?
5. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Gideon and Foote meet in a Jerusalem restaurant to discuss the events in Tabah that worry them, what do they focus on?
2. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
3. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
4. What do the Jewish people do when they first arrive?
5. Why does Ibrahim call Gideon in Part 2, Chapter 11?
6. What do Ibrahim and Gideon discuss when they meet in Part 2, Chapter 7?
7. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
8. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
9. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
10. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)