|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
2. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
3. What are the Wahhabi known for?
(a) Being wise with their money.
(b) Being converted to Christianity.
(c) Being led by women.
(d) Being great warriors.
4. Why is Ramiza treated poorly by the people of Tabah?
(a) Because she is a second wife.
(b) Because she is mean to Ibrahim.
(c) Because she has no sons.
(d) Because she is poor.
5. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
(a) A Greek captain.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) A Jewish leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
2. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
3. How does Ishmael witness the rape of his family members by Kaukji's men?
4. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
5. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Gideon and Foote meet in a Jerusalem restaurant to discuss the events in Tabah that worry them, what do they focus on?
2. What surprises the Arabs when they attack the Jews for the first time?
3. What role does Fawzi Kabir play in displacing Arabs from Palestine?
4. As a child, what is Ishmael's relationship with the Jews like?
5. What do the Jews do to prepare their land for farming?
6. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
7. What does Ibrahim do to try to secure safe passage for his villagers to Beruit.
8. What do Ibrahim and Gideon discuss when they meet in Part 2, Chapter 7?
9. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
10. What happens when Ibrahim refuses to give money or men to the Mufti and the Arab Higher Committee?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)