|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
(a) His hand was cut off.
(b) His family was tortured also.
(c) He was sent into exile.
(d) He was killed.
2. How do the Mujahedeen raise money for Mufti?
(a) They start a storefront to launder cash.
(b) Fundraising and investing.
(c) Extortion and looting.
(d) Gambling and bribing.
3. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Start a chain of hotels.
(b) Build hospitals.
(c) Build new roads.
(d) Start a farm.
4. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) All his friends are Jewish.
(b) He isn't aware they exist.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He is not afraid of them.
5. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
(a) Mufti is trying to take over Tabah.
(b) The villager is a criminal.
(c) They confuse the villager with someone else.
(d) Ibrahim won't give them money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
2. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
3. In Chapter 16, Ibrahim says that there will be a war over Palestine when?
4. How does Ibrahim plan to pay for the boat to take his villagers to Gaza?
5. When Ibrahim tells the people of Tabah to evacuate, what is Farouk responsible for bringing with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
2. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
3. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
4. What advice does Brompton give regarding Plan D?
5. What do the Jews do to prepare their land for farming?
6. What happens during Gideon's meetings with British Colonel Frederick Brompton?
7. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
8. What happens to the British installations after the attacks led by Kaukji?
9. When Gideon and Foote meet in a Jerusalem restaurant to discuss the events in Tabah that worry them, what do they focus on?
10. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)