|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
2. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Iraqis.
(c) The Arabs.
(d) The Syrians.
3. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
(a) The Propers.
(b) The Jihad Soliders.
(c) The Irregulars.
(d) The Arab Embarkment.
4. What do most Arabs think about the United Nations' plan for a partition of Palestine?
(a) They wanted to help create it.
(b) They thought it was a great idea.
(c) They thought the British were behind it.
(d) They thought it would not pass.
5. Where does Ibrahim hide the night before he is set to take a boat to Beirut?
(a) A school.
(b) A church.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
2. Who rescues Ibrahim and his family in Part 2, Chapter 16?
3. What is Plan D?
4. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
5. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ibrahim have a feast for Kabir when he arrived in Tabah?
2. What does Ibrahim do to try to secure safe passage for his villagers to Beruit.
3. How do the Mufti increase Arab violence toward Jews?
4. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
5. In Chapter 16, what do Sheik Azziz and Ibrahim discuss during their trip?
6. What have groups of Arab leaders begun doing since the mention of a partition of Palestine?
7. What role does Fawzi Kabir play in displacing Arabs from Palestine?
8. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
9. What happens when Mercedes arrives in Tabah on Christmas day?
10. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)