|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
(a) Because there is a storm.
(b) Because someone has stolen something.
(c) Because someone has broken in.
(d) Because the Arabs attack.
2. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Get a good education.
(b) Learn a trade.
(c) Write his father often.
(d) Steal from the market.
3. How does news of the Jewish death camps affect Tabah?
(a) It lead to more Arab sympathy.
(b) It made Jewish and Arab tensions worse.
(c) The people of Tabah never heard of the death camps.
(d) It didn't affect Tabah at all.
4. Who rescues Ibrahim and his family in Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. When Fawzi Kabir dines with Ibrahim in his tents, what does Ibrahim ask for help with?
(a) Establishing guards.
(b) Building a road.
(c) Starting a farm.
(d) Paying his rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
2. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
3. On January 10, 1948, what do Kaukji's forces attack in Syria?
4. What do the Mufti do to cause Arabs to attack the Jewish Quarter?
5. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bockmann visits the Mufti in Jerusalem in 1937?
2. What happens during the United Nations meeting on November 29, 1947?
3. As a child, what does Ishmael think about his religion?
4. What happens when Ibrahim goes to the bank to withdraw money to pay for the boat he needs to go to Gaza?
5. What happens after an Arab attacked a woman in a kibbutz in 1925?
6. What do Ibrahim and Gideon discuss when they meet in Part 2, Chapter 7?
7. How does Ibrahim's father pass on power before he dies?
8. What is Ishmael's childhood like?
9. What happens to Ramiza's first born son?
10. What do the Jews do to prepare their land for farming?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)