|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ibrahim send away so he won't have to become part of the Jordanian army?
2. When Kabir meets with Rahman to discuss the Zurich conference, who does Kabir feel can be bribed?
3. While at the refugee camp in Jericho, who is the only member of Ibrahim's group that is working?
4. What will happen if the Jews attack the Egyptians?
(a) They won't receive American aid.
(b) They will clearly lose.
(c) They will easily increase Israel's size.
(d) They will anger the Arabs.
5. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
(b) The Bedouin.
6. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada find in the cave they explore that is above their own?
(a) A little money and food.
(b) Animal bones and fabric.
(c) Skeltons and metal objects.
(d) Silver and gold.
7. When Mudhil gives Ibrahim the supplies and money he needs to travel to Zurich, who does he say will help if they run out of money in Zurich?
(b) His cousin.
8. What is Nuri Mudhil a professor of?
9. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
(a) Have people start riots.
(b) Start planting farms.
(c) Have people build things themselves.
(d) Start religious ceremonies.
10. What religion does Charles Maan practice?
11. Who is murdered in July 1951?
(c) The king of Egypt.
12. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
(a) Fifty thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) One thousand.
13. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
(a) The thinks King Abdullah will lose the war.
(b) He thinks King Abdullah is going to save the Arab world.
(c) He feels like the long lost son of King Abdullah.
(d) He feels like a prisoner of King Abdullah.
14. How much money does Ibrahim get for selling his truck?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 100 US dollars.
(c) 400 US dollars.
(d) 300 pounds.
15. What do the resolutions presented at Charles Maan support?
(a) War with the Jews.
(b) Working to gain British support.
(c) Peace with the Jews.
(d) Bettering the refugee camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens shortly after the Arabs capture the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 17, why do Ibrahim and Hagar earn new respect?
3. What does Zyyad tell Ibrahim in Part 4, Chapter 11 about Palestinian rights?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
5. Who does Nada become involved with while staying with Hamdi Othman?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)