|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
2. When trying to return to Tabah, why can't Ibrahim use the roads to Jericho?
(a) They have been destroyed.
(b) They are too dangerous.
(c) They are for camels only.
(d) He doesn't have the right papers.
3. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Fifty thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) One hundred thousand.
4. How long will an analysis of Ibrahim's artifact from the cave take?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) One day.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 17, why do Ibrahim and Hagar earn new respect?
(a) Their small forture.
(b) Their work with the Jews.
(c) Jamil's death.
(d) Ishmael's reading skills.
6. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
(a) Back in Tabah.
(b) In the town center.
(c) To a museum.
(d) To Egyptian dealers.
7. While in the refugee camps in Jericho, where does Ibrahim say he is a prisoner?
(a) In his own country.
(b) To the Jews.
(c) To his own decisions.
(d) In his father's life.
8. When Kabir meets with Rahman to discuss the Zurich conference, who does Kabir feel can be bribed?
9. Why is Ishmael able to get a job with the Iraqi army?
(a) He has his own gun.
(b) He is powerful.
(c) He can read.
(d) His father bribes the general.
10. What does Ibrahim have Ishmael do at the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
(a) Take notes to write a letter to the editor.
(b) Help Ibrahim prepare a speech.
(c) Make contacts to get a good job.
(d) Find out who is against Ibrahim.
11. What do the resolutions presented at Charles Maan support?
(a) Working to gain British support.
(b) War with the Jews.
(c) Bettering the refugee camps.
(d) Peace with the Jews.
12. Who is Abu Rommel?
(a) The man who hires Nada.
(b) The Egyptian United Nations representative.
(c) Sabri's militant name.
(d) Ibrahim's boss.
13. How does Ibrahim manage to arrange a meeting with the mayor of Nablus?
(a) The mayor wants to meet the leader of Tabah.
(b) Gideon arranges it.
(c) Ishmael forges a letter from an army captain.
(d) Ibrahim saves the life of the mayor's son.
14. How many refugees does Jordan take in?
(a) Half a million.
(c) Two-hundred and fifty thousand.
(d) More than one million.
15. What does Ibrahim discuss with Sheik Taji and Charles Maan?
(a) Moving to England.
(b) Egypt's tyranny.
(c) Control over Palestine.
(d) Starting a war with Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fedayeen?
2. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
3. Where do Ishmael and Jamil find a place to hide their arms in Jericho?
4. Why does Ibrahim reject all offers of marriage for Nada?
5. How do Ibrahim and his family keep the Bedouin away while they are in Jericho?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)