|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does Ibrahim do in Nablus?
(a) Tearing down buildings.
(b) Unloading Iraqi trucks.
(c) Building Iranian fences.
(d) Translating books.
2. When does the Zurich conference end?
3. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
(a) Materials given to him by the United Nations.
(b) Materials he scavenged from other houses.
(c) Materials Ishmael gave him.
(d) Trees that had fallen in the area.
4. What is Nuri Mudhil a professor of?
5. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
6. What will the Leopards who confessed to Zyyad do?
(a) Help build new tanks and bombs.
(b) Be exiled.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Make guerrilla raids against Israel.
7. In Part 4, Chapter 11, what is Abdullah's dream for the middle east?
(a) Destroying Israel.
(b) Forming Greater Syria.
(c) Retiring to Egypt.
(d) Taking over Iran.
8. What does Nada do when Ishmael catches her with Sabri?
(a) She threatens to kill him.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She hits him with a wrench.
(d) She cries.
9. What does Zyyad tell Ibrahim in Part 4, Chapter 11 about Palestinian rights?
(a) That he doesn't care about them.
(b) That they are dangerous.
(c) That he is responsible for the current condition of them.
(d) That they will be fully restored.
10. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
(a) That the villagers need to go home.
(b) That it's art will be lost.
(c) That it will be part of Palestine.
(d) That it will be part of Isreal.
11. Why is Bakshir assassinated?
(a) For building a mosque.
(b) For hiding during the war.
(c) For supporting Abdullah.
(d) For blowing up a kibbutz.
12. Why does Ishmael want Nada to learn to read and write?
(a) So she can pretend to be a boy.
(b) So she can make money as a scribe.
(c) She will need the skills in the future.
(d) So she won't be so bored.
13. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
(a) To look for work for Ishmael.
(b) To steal supplies.
(c) To find a Jew to talk to Gideon.
(d) To try to make money.
14. How many refugees does Jordan take in?
(a) Half a million.
(b) Two-hundred and fifty thousand.
(c) More than one million.
15. Where is Kabir's elegant villa?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
2. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
3. Who becomes a leader of the Avenging Leopards?
4. What are students taught at Wadi Bakkah School?
5. Where does Ibrahim plan to stay while avoiding going to Jordan?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)