|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will rule the West Bank after Abdullah?
2. How does the Arab League respond when Jordan annexees West Bank?
(a) They support it.
(b) They start a war over it.
(c) They denounce it.
(d) They ignore it.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
(a) That it will be part of Isreal.
(b) That it will be part of Palestine.
(c) That the villagers need to go home.
(d) That it's art will be lost.
4. What does Zyyad tell Ibrahim in Part 4, Chapter 11 about Palestinian rights?
(a) That he doesn't care about them.
(b) That he is responsible for the current condition of them.
(c) That they are dangerous.
(d) That they will be fully restored.
5. Where is the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
6. What will the Leopards who confessed to Zyyad do?
(a) Go to prison.
(b) Be exiled.
(c) Help build new tanks and bombs.
(d) Make guerrilla raids against Israel.
7. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
(a) To look for work for Ishmael.
(b) To try to make money.
(c) To find a Jew to talk to Gideon.
(d) To steal supplies.
8. What convention does Maan tell Ibrahim he wants to hold?
(a) A convention for Jews.
(b) A convention for rebuilding cities.
(c) A convention for refugees.
(d) A convention for people who need jobs.
9. What does Nada do when Ishmael catches her with Sabri?
(a) She hits him with a wrench.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She cries.
(d) She threatens to kill him.
10. What work does Ibrahim do in Nablus?
(a) Tearing down buildings.
(b) Building Iranian fences.
(c) Translating books.
(d) Unloading Iraqi trucks.
11. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
(a) To a museum.
(b) In the town center.
(c) Back in Tabah.
(d) To Egyptian dealers.
12. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
(a) He wants Jerusalem.
(b) His father was Jewish.
(c) He thinks Palestine belongs to them.
(d) He is anti-war.
13. Where does Gamal Abdel Nasser have a successful coup?
14. Where is the refugee camp Ibrahim's former villager's want Ibrahim to go to?
15. When trying to return to Tabah, why can't Ibrahim use the roads to Jericho?
(a) They are for camels only.
(b) They are too dangerous.
(c) They have been destroyed.
(d) He doesn't have the right papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Sabri able to support his family in Gaza?
2. Why does Ibrahim reject all offers of marriage for Nada?
3. Who is Abu Rommel?
4. Who does Ibrahim send away so he won't have to become part of the Jordanian army?
5. How many days does it take Ishmael and Jamil to hide their arms in Jericho?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)