|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abdullah do when Jordan takes over the West Bank?
(a) He makes new taxes.
(b) He forms a new army.
(c) He has a parade.
(d) He closes down refugee camps.
2. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada find in the cave they explore that is above their own?
(a) Animal bones and fabric.
(b) Skeltons and metal objects.
(c) A little money and food.
(d) Silver and gold.
3. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
(a) Ishmael's future son's.
5. Where do Ishmael and Jamil find a place to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) A French restaurant.
(b) A cave.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A hole in the ground.
6. What work does Ibrahim do in Nablus?
(a) Tearing down buildings.
(b) Building Iranian fences.
(c) Unloading Iraqi trucks.
(d) Translating books.
7. How does Nada describe the woman she works for?
(a) A backwards Arab woman.
(b) A modern Arab woman.
(c) A horrible mother.
(d) A tyrant.
8. Where does Ibrahim plan to stay while avoiding going to Jordan?
(b) In their truck.
(d) Friend's houses.
9. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
(a) To a museum.
(b) Back in Tabah.
(c) To Egyptian dealers.
(d) In the town center.
10. How does the Arab League respond when Jordan annexees West Bank?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They denounce it.
(c) They start a war over it.
(d) They support it.
11. When trying to return to Tabah, why can't Ibrahim use the roads to Jericho?
(a) They are too dangerous.
(b) They have been destroyed.
(c) He doesn't have the right papers.
(d) They are for camels only.
12. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
(a) He wants Jerusalem.
(b) He is anti-war.
(c) His father was Jewish.
(d) He thinks Palestine belongs to them.
13. Why does Husain have a regency when he becomes king of Jordan?
(a) He wasn't old enough.
(b) He was considered to be dumb.
(c) He wasn't trusted by the court.
(d) He asked for one.
14. What happens shortly after the Arabs capture the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem?
(a) The Jews start fighting back.
(b) The Russians get involved.
(c) The Arabs take Tabah.
(d) The British step in.
15. Who does Ibrahim tell that Taji accepted a position with the Saudi government?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
2. Why does Ibrahim go to the Latrun rooftop?
3. Who does Ibrahim send away so he won't have to become part of the Jordanian army?
4. When Ibrahim finds out his artifacts will go to Hebrew University, where does he ask them to be sent?
5. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)