|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
(b) The Bedouin.
2. Who does the Pope invite to meet with him to discuss the treatment of Christian Arabs in refugee camps?
3. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
(a) In the town center.
(b) To a museum.
(c) To Egyptian dealers.
(d) Back in Tabah.
4. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
(b) Ishmael's future son's.
5. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
(a) The thinks King Abdullah will lose the war.
(b) He feels like a prisoner of King Abdullah.
(c) He thinks King Abdullah is going to save the Arab world.
(d) He feels like the long lost son of King Abdullah.
6. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
7. While at the refugee camp in Jericho, who is the only member of Ibrahim's group that is working?
8. How many days does it take Ishmael and Jamil to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three days.
9. Where does Gamal Abdel Nasser have a successful coup?
10. How old is Ishmael when he begins to teach at Wadi Bakkah School?
11. Where is the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
12. Who is the Colonel of the Arab Legion?
13. In Part 4, Chapter 17, why do Ibrahim and Hagar earn new respect?
(a) Jamil's death.
(b) Ishmael's reading skills.
(c) Their work with the Jews.
(d) Their small forture.
14. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
(a) He thinks Palestine belongs to them.
(b) He is anti-war.
(c) His father was Jewish.
(d) He wants Jerusalem.
15. Where does Ibrahim plan to stay while avoiding going to Jordan?
(a) Friend's houses.
(c) In their truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
2. How does Ursula kill a Persian guest before Ibrahim kills Kabir?
3. Who will rule the West Bank after Abdullah?
4. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
5. Why is Bakshir assassinated?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)