|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ibrahim tell Ishmael they must leave Jericho for Tabah?
(a) After the Arab uprising.
(b) After Tabah becomes a British territory.
(c) After the Arab defeat.
(d) After Gideon tells him it is time.
2. What does Sabri want to find in Gaza?
(a) A job.
(b) A position with a militant group.
(c) A wife.
(d) His family.
3. What is Nuri Mudhil a professor of?
4. What religion does Charles Maan practice?
5. Where does Ibrahim plan to stay while avoiding going to Jordan?
(a) In their truck.
(b) Friend's houses.
6. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
(a) The thinks King Abdullah will lose the war.
(b) He thinks King Abdullah is going to save the Arab world.
(c) He feels like a prisoner of King Abdullah.
(d) He feels like the long lost son of King Abdullah.
7. Who does Ibrahim tell that Taji accepted a position with the Saudi government?
8. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
(a) He wants Jerusalem.
(b) He thinks Palestine belongs to them.
(c) He is anti-war.
(d) His father was Jewish.
9. When Kabir meets with Rahman to discuss the Zurich conference, who does Kabir feel can be bribed?
10. Who does Ibrahim get a job for after the United Nations gave him a committee position at the refugee camps?
11. What convention does Maan tell Ibrahim he wants to hold?
(a) A convention for refugees.
(b) A convention for Jews.
(c) A convention for rebuilding cities.
(d) A convention for people who need jobs.
12. What does Ibrahim discuss with Sheik Taji and Charles Maan?
(a) Control over Palestine.
(b) Starting a war with Jordan.
(c) Egypt's tyranny.
(d) Moving to England.
13. Who does Ibrahim send away so he won't have to become part of the Jordanian army?
14. How does Ibrahim manage to arrange a meeting with the mayor of Nablus?
(a) Gideon arranges it.
(b) The mayor wants to meet the leader of Tabah.
(c) Ishmael forges a letter from an army captain.
(d) Ibrahim saves the life of the mayor's son.
15. How much money does Ibrahim get for selling his truck?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 400 US dollars.
(c) 100 US dollars.
(d) 300 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Ibrahim do in Nablus?
2. Who will rule the West Bank after Abdullah?
3. How does Ursula kill a Persian guest before Ibrahim kills Kabir?
4. Who says, "The Palestinian people have never ruled themselves, nor ever attempted to rule themselves"?
5. What job does Ibrahim find for Nada with the United Nations in Amman?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)