|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
(a) Start religious ceremonies.
(b) Start planting farms.
(c) Have people build things themselves.
(d) Have people start riots.
2. How do Ibrahim and his family keep the Bedouin away while they are in Jericho?
(a) They stay with a priest.
(b) They set up explosives.
(c) They hide in caves.
(d) They dress like the British.
3. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
(b) Ishmael's future son's.
4. How does Nada describe the woman she works for?
(a) A backwards Arab woman.
(b) A horrible mother.
(c) A tyrant.
(d) A modern Arab woman.
5. What causes people to die at the Aqbat Jabar refugee camp?
6. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
7. What does Zyyad tell Ibrahim in Part 4, Chapter 11 about Palestinian rights?
(a) That he is responsible for the current condition of them.
(b) That they are dangerous.
(c) That they will be fully restored.
(d) That he doesn't care about them.
8. What does Ursula tell Ibrahim when he meets with her before the Zurich conference?
(a) That Gideon has been misleading him.
(b) That someone is going to steal his money.
(c) That Kabir planned to kill him.
(d) That she can't keep his secrets any longer.
9. How long will an analysis of Ibrahim's artifact from the cave take?
(a) One month.
(b) He isn't sure.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
10. What do the resolutions presented at Charles Maan support?
(a) Working to gain British support.
(b) Peace with the Jews.
(c) War with the Jews.
(d) Bettering the refugee camps.
11. Why is Bakshir assassinated?
(a) For building a mosque.
(b) For hiding during the war.
(c) For supporting Abdullah.
(d) For blowing up a kibbutz.
12. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
(a) A mosque.
(c) In his palace.
(d) The center of town.
13. When does the Zurich conference end?
14. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada agree to do when Sabri is caught with Nada?
(a) Not tell Ibrahim.
(b) Give Sabri a chance to explain himself.
(c) Let Nada decide what is best.
(d) Tell Ibrahim.
15. In Part 4, Chapter 11, what is Abdullah's dream for the middle east?
(a) Retiring to Egypt.
(b) Taking over Iran.
(c) Forming Greater Syria.
(d) Destroying Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ibrahim plan to stay while avoiding going to Jordan?
2. While in the refugee camps in Jericho, where does Ibrahim say he is a prisoner?
3. When Mudhil gives Ibrahim the supplies and money he needs to travel to Zurich, who does he say will help if they run out of money in Zurich?
4. While at the refugee camp in Jericho, who is the only member of Ibrahim's group that is working?
5. Where does Gamal Abdel Nasser have a successful coup?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)