|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mudhil gives Ibrahim the supplies and money he needs to travel to Zurich, who does he say will help if they run out of money in Zurich?
(b) His cousin.
2. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
3. What is the fedayeen?
(a) A militant Jewish group.
(b) The congress of Jordan.
(c) A militant Arab group.
(d) A branch of the United Nations.
4. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
5. Why does Ibrahim go to the Latrun rooftop?
(a) To take a nap.
(b) To build a new tent.
(c) To find an escape route.
(d) To look at Tabah.
6. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
(a) Have people build things themselves.
(b) Have people start riots.
(c) Start planting farms.
(d) Start religious ceremonies.
7. What does Nada do when Ishmael catches her with Sabri?
(a) She threatens to kill him.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She hits him with a wrench.
(d) She cries.
8. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada find in the cave they explore that is above their own?
(a) Silver and gold.
(b) Animal bones and fabric.
(c) Skeltons and metal objects.
(d) A little money and food.
9. Who is Abu Rommel?
(a) The man who hires Nada.
(b) Ibrahim's boss.
(c) The Egyptian United Nations representative.
(d) Sabri's militant name.
10. How many refugees does Jordan take in?
(b) Two-hundred and fifty thousand.
(c) More than one million.
(d) Half a million.
11. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
(a) A mosque.
(c) The center of town.
(d) In his palace.
12. Who is the Colonel of the Arab Legion?
13. Why does Ishmael want Nada to learn to read and write?
(a) She will need the skills in the future.
(b) So she can pretend to be a boy.
(c) So she won't be so bored.
(d) So she can make money as a scribe.
14. Who becomes a leader of the Avenging Leopards?
15. What are students taught at Wadi Bakkah School?
(a) How to fight a war.
(b) Religions of the world.
(c) How to read and write English.
(d) How to make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Arab League respond when Jordan annexees West Bank?
2. Who does Nada become involved with while staying with Hamdi Othman?
3. What work does Ibrahim do in Nablus?
4. Who says, "The Palestinian people have never ruled themselves, nor ever attempted to rule themselves"?
5. What does Abdullah do when Jordan takes over the West Bank?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)