|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mudhil gives Ibrahim the supplies and money he needs to travel to Zurich, who does he say will help if they run out of money in Zurich?
(d) His cousin.
2. Who is murdered in July 1951?
(a) The king of Egypt.
3. Where is Kabir's elegant villa?
4. Who becomes a leader of the Avenging Leopards?
5. Who will rule the West Bank after Abdullah?
6. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
7. Why does Ishmael want Nada to learn to read and write?
(a) So she can pretend to be a boy.
(b) So she won't be so bored.
(c) So she can make money as a scribe.
(d) She will need the skills in the future.
8. What happens shortly after the Arabs capture the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem?
(a) The British step in.
(b) The Russians get involved.
(c) The Arabs take Tabah.
(d) The Jews start fighting back.
9. What convention does Maan tell Ibrahim he wants to hold?
(a) A convention for rebuilding cities.
(b) A convention for people who need jobs.
(c) A convention for Jews.
(d) A convention for refugees.
10. What do the resolutions presented at Charles Maan support?
(a) Peace with the Jews.
(b) War with the Jews.
(c) Bettering the refugee camps.
(d) Working to gain British support.
11. Why does Husain have a regency when he becomes king of Jordan?
(a) He asked for one.
(b) He wasn't trusted by the court.
(c) He wasn't old enough.
(d) He was considered to be dumb.
12. How many days does it take Ishmael and Jamil to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
13. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
14. How does the Arab League respond when Jordan annexees West Bank?
(a) They start a war over it.
(b) They denounce it.
(c) They support it.
(d) They ignore it.
15. How does Ursula kill a Persian guest before Ibrahim kills Kabir?
(a) She drowns him.
(b) She shoots him.
(c) She stabs him.
(d) She poisons him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 17, why do Ibrahim and Hagar earn new respect?
2. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
4. Where does Gamal Abdel Nasser have a successful coup?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)