|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "The Palestinian people have never ruled themselves, nor ever attempted to rule themselves"?
2. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
3. How does the Arab League respond when Jordan annexees West Bank?
(a) They start a war over it.
(b) They denounce it.
(c) They support it.
(d) They ignore it.
4. After the war, what does Gideon learn when he goes to Tel Aviv to meet with Ben-Gurion?
(a) The United Nations are imposing a peace treaty.
(b) The Americans are coming to re-build the area.
(c) The British want them to leave the Egyptians alone.
(d) The Arabs want to have three territories.
5. What does Nada do when Ishmael catches her with Sabri?
(a) She threatens to kill him.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She cries.
(d) She hits him with a wrench.
6. Why is Bakshir assassinated?
(a) For building a mosque.
(b) For hiding during the war.
(c) For supporting Abdullah.
(d) For blowing up a kibbutz.
7. Where do Ibrahim and his family find refuge in Tulkarm?
(a) An apple orchard.
(b) An olive grove.
(c) A manger.
(d) A refugee shelter.
8. Why does Zyyad want control of the West Bank?
(a) So Jordan will have a port.
(b) So Jews can't take his home.
(c) Because he knows Gideon wants it most.
(d) Because it is the biggest territory available.
9. While in the refugee camps in Jericho, where does Ibrahim say he is a prisoner?
(a) In his own country.
(b) In his father's life.
(c) To the Jews.
(d) To his own decisions.
10. When Ibrahim finds out his artifacts will go to Hebrew University, where does he ask them to be sent?
(a) Directly to Gideon.
(b) To England.
(c) An Arab institution.
(d) To Ishmael.
11. What will the Leopards who confessed to Zyyad do?
(a) Make guerrilla raids against Israel.
(b) Go to prison.
(c) Help build new tanks and bombs.
(d) Be exiled.
12. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
13. What does Abdullah do when Jordan takes over the West Bank?
(a) He forms a new army.
(b) He has a parade.
(c) He closes down refugee camps.
(d) He makes new taxes.
14. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
(d) Ishmael's future son's.
15. What does Ibrahim discuss with Sheik Taji and Charles Maan?
(a) Control over Palestine.
(b) Starting a war with Jordan.
(c) Moving to England.
(d) Egypt's tyranny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ursula tell Ibrahim when he meets with her before the Zurich conference?
2. What does Sabri want to find in Gaza?
3. What causes people to die at the Aqbat Jabar refugee camp?
4. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
5. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)