|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ibrahim go to the Latrun rooftop?
(a) To take a nap.
(b) To find an escape route.
(c) To look at Tabah.
(d) To build a new tent.
2. What work does Ibrahim do in Nablus?
(a) Tearing down buildings.
(b) Building Iranian fences.
(c) Translating books.
(d) Unloading Iraqi trucks.
3. While in the refugee camps in Jericho, where does Ibrahim say he is a prisoner?
(a) To his own decisions.
(b) In his father's life.
(c) In his own country.
(d) To the Jews.
4. What does Ursula tell Ibrahim when he meets with her before the Zurich conference?
(a) That she can't keep his secrets any longer.
(b) That Gideon has been misleading him.
(c) That someone is going to steal his money.
(d) That Kabir planned to kill him.
5. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada agree to do when Sabri is caught with Nada?
(a) Let Nada decide what is best.
(b) Not tell Ibrahim.
(c) Tell Ibrahim.
(d) Give Sabri a chance to explain himself.
6. What convention does Maan tell Ibrahim he wants to hold?
(a) A convention for rebuilding cities.
(b) A convention for Jews.
(c) A convention for refugees.
(d) A convention for people who need jobs.
7. What does Abdullah do when Jordan takes over the West Bank?
(a) He makes new taxes.
(b) He closes down refugee camps.
(c) He has a parade.
(d) He forms a new army.
8. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
(a) Start religious ceremonies.
(b) Have people start riots.
(c) Start planting farms.
(d) Have people build things themselves.
9. Who does Ibrahim get a job for after the United Nations gave him a committee position at the refugee camps?
10. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
11. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
(c) The Bedouin.
12. Why does Husain have a regency when he becomes king of Jordan?
(a) He asked for one.
(b) He wasn't old enough.
(c) He was considered to be dumb.
(d) He wasn't trusted by the court.
13. What are students taught at Wadi Bakkah School?
(a) Religions of the world.
(b) How to fight a war.
(c) How to read and write English.
(d) How to make money.
14. How does Nada describe the woman she works for?
(a) A tyrant.
(b) A modern Arab woman.
(c) A backwards Arab woman.
(d) A horrible mother.
15. What does Ibrahim discuss with Sheik Taji and Charles Maan?
(a) Egypt's tyranny.
(b) Control over Palestine.
(c) Moving to England.
(d) Starting a war with Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
2. What is Nuri Mudhil a professor of?
3. Who is the Colonel of the Arab Legion?
4. What religion does Charles Maan practice?
5. Who is murdered in July 1951?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)