|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabri want to find in Gaza?
(a) His family.
(b) A wife.
(c) A position with a militant group.
(d) A job.
2. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
(a) He thinks Palestine belongs to them.
(b) His father was Jewish.
(c) He wants Jerusalem.
(d) He is anti-war.
3. Where is Kabir's elegant villa?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
(a) The Bedouin.
5. What will the Leopards who confessed to Zyyad do?
(a) Be exiled.
(b) Make guerrilla raids against Israel.
(c) Go to prison.
(d) Help build new tanks and bombs.
6. Who does Ibrahim tell that Taji accepted a position with the Saudi government?
7. How old is Ishmael when he begins to teach at Wadi Bakkah School?
8. Where is the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
9. What convention does Maan tell Ibrahim he wants to hold?
(a) A convention for refugees.
(b) A convention for Jews.
(c) A convention for people who need jobs.
(d) A convention for rebuilding cities.
10. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
11. Who is murdered in July 1951?
(a) The king of Egypt.
12. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
13. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
(a) Materials he scavenged from other houses.
(b) Trees that had fallen in the area.
(c) Materials given to him by the United Nations.
(d) Materials Ishmael gave him.
14. When Kabir meets with Rahman to discuss the Zurich conference, who does Kabir feel can be bribed?
15. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
(a) Have people start riots.
(b) Have people build things themselves.
(c) Start religious ceremonies.
(d) Start planting farms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
2. How many refugees does Jordan take in?
3. What does Nada do when Ishmael catches her with Sabri?
4. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
5. How does Ursula kill a Persian guest before Ibrahim kills Kabir?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)