|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the resolutions presented at Charles Maan support?
(a) Bettering the refugee camps.
(b) Working to gain British support.
(c) War with the Jews.
(d) Peace with the Jews.
2. What does Ibrahim have Ishmael do at the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
(a) Find out who is against Ibrahim.
(b) Take notes to write a letter to the editor.
(c) Make contacts to get a good job.
(d) Help Ibrahim prepare a speech.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
(a) That it's art will be lost.
(b) That it will be part of Palestine.
(c) That it will be part of Isreal.
(d) That the villagers need to go home.
4. How does Ibrahim manage to arrange a meeting with the mayor of Nablus?
(a) Ibrahim saves the life of the mayor's son.
(b) Ishmael forges a letter from an army captain.
(c) Gideon arranges it.
(d) The mayor wants to meet the leader of Tabah.
5. What does Ursula tell Ibrahim when he meets with her before the Zurich conference?
(a) That she can't keep his secrets any longer.
(b) That Gideon has been misleading him.
(c) That Kabir planned to kill him.
(d) That someone is going to steal his money.
6. Who does Nada become involved with while staying with Hamdi Othman?
(a) A Russian novelist.
(b) A French diplomat.
(d) Hamdi's son.
7. When Ibrahim finds out his artifacts will go to Hebrew University, where does he ask them to be sent?
(a) An Arab institution.
(b) To England.
(c) To Ishmael.
(d) Directly to Gideon.
8. Where is the refugee camp Ibrahim's former villager's want Ibrahim to go to?
9. What is Nuri Mudhil a professor of?
10. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
(a) The Bedouin.
11. How much money does Ibrahim get for selling his truck?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 400 US dollars.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 100 US dollars.
12. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
(a) To look for work for Ishmael.
(b) To steal supplies.
(c) To find a Jew to talk to Gideon.
(d) To try to make money.
13. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
(c) Ishmael's future son's.
14. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
(a) Have people start riots.
(b) Start religious ceremonies.
(c) Start planting farms.
(d) Have people build things themselves.
15. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
(a) His father was Jewish.
(b) He wants Jerusalem.
(c) He thinks Palestine belongs to them.
(d) He is anti-war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is murdered in July 1951?
2. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
3. How does Ursula kill a Persian guest before Ibrahim kills Kabir?
4. What convention does Maan tell Ibrahim he wants to hold?
5. What happens shortly after the Arabs capture the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)