|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fedayeen?
(a) A militant Jewish group.
(b) The congress of Jordan.
(c) A militant Arab group.
(d) A branch of the United Nations.
2. What will the Leopards who confessed to Zyyad do?
(a) Make guerrilla raids against Israel.
(b) Help build new tanks and bombs.
(c) Be exiled.
(d) Go to prison.
3. How do Ibrahim and his family keep the Bedouin away while they are in Jericho?
(a) They set up explosives.
(b) They dress like the British.
(c) They stay with a priest.
(d) They hide in caves.
4. Where do Ishmael and Jamil find a place to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A hole in the ground.
(c) A French restaurant.
(d) A cave.
5. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
(b) A mosque.
(c) The center of town.
(d) In his palace.
6. What happens shortly after the Arabs capture the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem?
(a) The Arabs take Tabah.
(b) The British step in.
(c) The Jews start fighting back.
(d) The Russians get involved.
7. In Part 4, Chapter 11, what is Abdullah's dream for the middle east?
(a) Forming Greater Syria.
(b) Taking over Iran.
(c) Destroying Israel.
(d) Retiring to Egypt.
8. When trying to return to Tabah, why can't Ibrahim use the roads to Jericho?
(a) They are for camels only.
(b) They are too dangerous.
(c) He doesn't have the right papers.
(d) They have been destroyed.
9. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
(a) He thinks King Abdullah is going to save the Arab world.
(b) He feels like the long lost son of King Abdullah.
(c) The thinks King Abdullah will lose the war.
(d) He feels like a prisoner of King Abdullah.
10. When does Ibrahim tell Ishmael they must leave Jericho for Tabah?
(a) After the Arab defeat.
(b) After Gideon tells him it is time.
(c) After the Arab uprising.
(d) After Tabah becomes a British territory.
11. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Fifty thousand.
(c) One thousand.
(d) One hundred thousand.
12. Who is murdered in July 1951?
(a) The king of Egypt.
13. Why does Zyyad want control of the West Bank?
(a) So Jews can't take his home.
(b) Because he knows Gideon wants it most.
(c) So Jordan will have a port.
(d) Because it is the biggest territory available.
14. Who does Nada become involved with while staying with Hamdi Othman?
(a) A French diplomat.
(b) Hamdi's son.
(c) A Russian novelist.
15. Where does Gamal Abdel Nasser have a successful coup?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are students taught at Wadi Bakkah School?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 17, why do Ibrahim and Hagar earn new respect?
3. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
4. What do the resolutions presented at Charles Maan support?
5. Who says, "The Palestinian people have never ruled themselves, nor ever attempted to rule themselves"?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)