|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ishmael and Jamil find a place to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) A cave.
(b) A French restaurant.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A hole in the ground.
2. Why does Zyyad want control of the West Bank?
(a) Because he knows Gideon wants it most.
(b) So Jews can't take his home.
(c) So Jordan will have a port.
(d) Because it is the biggest territory available.
3. How many days does it take Ishmael and Jamil to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
4. When does Ibrahim tell Ishmael they must leave Jericho for Tabah?
(a) After Gideon tells him it is time.
(b) After Tabah becomes a British territory.
(c) After the Arab uprising.
(d) After the Arab defeat.
5. When Ibrahim finds out his artifacts will go to Hebrew University, where does he ask them to be sent?
(a) To England.
(b) Directly to Gideon.
(c) To Ishmael.
(d) An Arab institution.
6. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Fifty thousand.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) One thousand.
7. Where does Ibrahim plan to stay while avoiding going to Jordan?
(c) In their truck.
(d) Friend's houses.
8. Who does the Pope invite to meet with him to discuss the treatment of Christian Arabs in refugee camps?
9. What causes people to die at the Aqbat Jabar refugee camp?
10. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
(a) To steal supplies.
(b) To try to make money.
(c) To look for work for Ishmael.
(d) To find a Jew to talk to Gideon.
11. Why is Ishmael able to get a job with the Iraqi army?
(a) He is powerful.
(b) His father bribes the general.
(c) He has his own gun.
(d) He can read.
12. How long will an analysis of Ibrahim's artifact from the cave take?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
13. Why does Ibrahim go to the Latrun rooftop?
(a) To find an escape route.
(b) To build a new tent.
(c) To take a nap.
(d) To look at Tabah.
14. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada agree to do when Sabri is caught with Nada?
(a) Tell Ibrahim.
(b) Let Nada decide what is best.
(c) Give Sabri a chance to explain himself.
(d) Not tell Ibrahim.
15. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
(a) He thinks King Abdullah is going to save the Arab world.
(b) The thinks King Abdullah will lose the war.
(c) He feels like the long lost son of King Abdullah.
(d) He feels like a prisoner of King Abdullah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Ibrahim do in Nablus?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
3. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
5. What job does Ibrahim find for Nada with the United Nations in Amman?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)