|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibrahim have Ishmael do at the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
(a) Take notes to write a letter to the editor.
(b) Help Ibrahim prepare a speech.
(c) Make contacts to get a good job.
(d) Find out who is against Ibrahim.
2. In Part 5, Chapter 1, what makes Ishmael begin to accept reality?
(a) Being away from his father.
(b) Working as a shepherd.
(c) Being away from a refugee camp.
(d) Living in the desert.
3. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
(a) He wants Jerusalem.
(b) He is anti-war.
(c) His father was Jewish.
(d) He thinks Palestine belongs to them.
4. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
(a) Materials Ishmael gave him.
(b) Materials he scavenged from other houses.
(c) Trees that had fallen in the area.
(d) Materials given to him by the United Nations.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 11, what is Abdullah's dream for the middle east?
(a) Forming Greater Syria.
(b) Retiring to Egypt.
(c) Destroying Israel.
(d) Taking over Iran.
6. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
7. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
(b) A mosque.
(c) In his palace.
(d) The center of town.
8. What does Ursula tell Ibrahim when he meets with her before the Zurich conference?
(a) That Gideon has been misleading him.
(b) That someone is going to steal his money.
(c) That she can't keep his secrets any longer.
(d) That Kabir planned to kill him.
9. What are students taught at Wadi Bakkah School?
(a) How to make money.
(b) How to read and write English.
(c) How to fight a war.
(d) Religions of the world.
10. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
11. Why does Zyyad want control of the West Bank?
(a) So Jordan will have a port.
(b) So Jews can't take his home.
(c) Because he knows Gideon wants it most.
(d) Because it is the biggest territory available.
12. Who is Abu Rommel?
(a) The Egyptian United Nations representative.
(b) Ibrahim's boss.
(c) Sabri's militant name.
(d) The man who hires Nada.
13. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Fifty thousand.
14. In Part 4, Chapter 17, why do Ibrahim and Hagar earn new respect?
(a) Their small forture.
(b) Their work with the Jews.
(c) Ishmael's reading skills.
(d) Jamil's death.
15. Who becomes a leader of the Avenging Leopards?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
2. What causes people to die at the Aqbat Jabar refugee camp?
3. While at the refugee camp in Jericho, who is the only member of Ibrahim's group that is working?
4. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
5. Why does Ibrahim reject all offers of marriage for Nada?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)