|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Pope invite to meet with him to discuss the treatment of Christian Arabs in refugee camps?
2. Where does Ibrahim plan to stay while avoiding going to Jordan?
(a) In their truck.
(d) Friend's houses.
3. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
4. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada find in the cave they explore that is above their own?
(a) Skeltons and metal objects.
(b) A little money and food.
(c) Animal bones and fabric.
(d) Silver and gold.
5. How do Ibrahim and his family keep the Bedouin away while they are in Jericho?
(a) They set up explosives.
(b) They hide in caves.
(c) They stay with a priest.
(d) They dress like the British.
6. Why is Bakshir assassinated?
(a) For hiding during the war.
(b) For blowing up a kibbutz.
(c) For supporting Abdullah.
(d) For building a mosque.
7. What does Sabri want to find in Gaza?
(a) A job.
(b) A position with a militant group.
(c) A wife.
(d) His family.
8. Where do Ishmael and Jamil find a place to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) A cave.
(b) A hole in the ground.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A French restaurant.
9. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
(b) A mosque.
(c) In his palace.
(d) The center of town.
10. In Part 5, Chapter 1, what makes Ishmael begin to accept reality?
(a) Being away from a refugee camp.
(b) Being away from his father.
(c) Working as a shepherd.
(d) Living in the desert.
11. Who does Ibrahim tell that Taji accepted a position with the Saudi government?
12. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
(a) In the town center.
(b) To Egyptian dealers.
(c) To a museum.
(d) Back in Tabah.
13. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) Fifty thousand.
14. When does the Zurich conference end?
15. When Ibrahim finds out his artifacts will go to Hebrew University, where does he ask them to be sent?
(a) To England.
(b) To Ishmael.
(c) Directly to Gideon.
(d) An Arab institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada agree to do when Sabri is caught with Nada?
2. What work does Ibrahim do in Nablus?
3. How many refugees does Jordan take in?
4. Who is murdered in July 1951?
5. What religion does Charles Maan practice?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)