|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the refugee camp in Jericho, who is the only member of Ibrahim's group that is working?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 11, what is Abdullah's dream for the middle east?
(a) Retiring to Egypt.
(b) Taking over Iran.
(c) Destroying Israel.
(d) Forming Greater Syria.
3. How do Ibrahim and his family keep the Bedouin away while they are in Jericho?
(a) They dress like the British.
(b) They stay with a priest.
(c) They hide in caves.
(d) They set up explosives.
4. Why does Ibrahim reject all offers of marriage for Nada?
(a) She asks him to.
(b) He doesn't want her married to a refugee.
(c) He feels that she is too young.
(d) He wants her to wait until she gets back to Tabah.
5. What will happen if the Jews attack the Egyptians?
(a) They will anger the Arabs.
(b) They won't receive American aid.
(c) They will easily increase Israel's size.
(d) They will clearly lose.
6. Where is the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
7. How old is Ishmael when he begins to teach at Wadi Bakkah School?
8. What does Zyyad tell Ibrahim in Part 4, Chapter 11 about Palestinian rights?
(a) That he doesn't care about them.
(b) That he is responsible for the current condition of them.
(c) That they are dangerous.
(d) That they will be fully restored.
9. How does the Arab League respond when Jordan annexees West Bank?
(a) They start a war over it.
(b) They denounce it.
(c) They ignore it.
(d) They support it.
10. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
(d) The Bedouin.
11. How many days does it take Ishmael and Jamil to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) One day.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
12. Who is Abu Rommel?
(a) Ibrahim's boss.
(b) The man who hires Nada.
(c) Sabri's militant name.
(d) The Egyptian United Nations representative.
13. What does Ibrahim have Ishmael do at the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
(a) Help Ibrahim prepare a speech.
(b) Take notes to write a letter to the editor.
(c) Make contacts to get a good job.
(d) Find out who is against Ibrahim.
14. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
(a) In the town center.
(b) Back in Tabah.
(c) To a museum.
(d) To Egyptian dealers.
15. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibrahim discuss with Sheik Taji and Charles Maan?
2. What job does Ibrahim find for Nada with the United Nations in Amman?
3. When does Ibrahim tell Ishmael they must leave Jericho for Tabah?
4. What does Ursula tell Ibrahim when he meets with her before the Zurich conference?
5. What happens shortly after the Arabs capture the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)