|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibrahim use to build a house at the Jericho refugee camp?
(a) Materials he scavenged from other houses.
(b) Materials Ishmael gave him.
(c) Materials given to him by the United Nations.
(d) Trees that had fallen in the area.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
(a) That it will be part of Isreal.
(b) That it will be part of Palestine.
(c) That the villagers need to go home.
(d) That it's art will be lost.
3. Who is the Colonel of the Arab Legion?
4. When does the Zurich conference end?
5. Who is murdered in July 1951?
(c) The king of Egypt.
6. In Part 5, Chapter 1, what makes Ishmael begin to accept reality?
(a) Working as a shepherd.
(b) Living in the desert.
(c) Being away from a refugee camp.
(d) Being away from his father.
7. How long will an analysis of Ibrahim's artifact from the cave take?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) He isn't sure.
(d) One week.
8. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
(a) The thinks King Abdullah will lose the war.
(b) He thinks King Abdullah is going to save the Arab world.
(c) He feels like the long lost son of King Abdullah.
(d) He feels like a prisoner of King Abdullah.
9. In Part 4, Chapter 17, why do Ibrahim and Hagar earn new respect?
(a) Ishmael's reading skills.
(b) Their small forture.
(c) Their work with the Jews.
(d) Jamil's death.
10. Who will rule the West Bank after Abdullah?
11. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
12. Where is the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
13. How does the Arab League respond when Jordan annexees West Bank?
(a) They start a war over it.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They denounce it.
(d) They support it.
14. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
(a) The center of town.
(c) A mosque.
(d) In his palace.
15. How old is Ishmael when he begins to teach at Wadi Bakkah School?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
2. What does Ibrahim have Ishmael do at the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
3. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
4. What does Abdullah do when Jordan takes over the West Bank?
5. Where is the refugee camp Ibrahim's former villager's want Ibrahim to go to?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)