|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
2. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
(a) The center of town.
(b) A mosque.
(d) In his palace.
3. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
4. How does the Arab League respond when Jordan annexees West Bank?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They support it.
(c) They start a war over it.
(d) They denounce it.
5. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
6. Who will rule the West Bank after Abdullah?
7. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
(a) Have people start riots.
(b) Have people build things themselves.
(c) Start planting farms.
(d) Start religious ceremonies.
8. While at the refugee camp in Jericho, who is the only member of Ibrahim's group that is working?
9. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
(a) He thinks King Abdullah is going to save the Arab world.
(b) He feels like the long lost son of King Abdullah.
(c) He feels like a prisoner of King Abdullah.
(d) The thinks King Abdullah will lose the war.
10. What does Nada do when Ishmael catches her with Sabri?
(a) She cries.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She hits him with a wrench.
(d) She threatens to kill him.
11. What is Nuri Mudhil a professor of?
12. Who does Nada become involved with while staying with Hamdi Othman?
(a) A Russian novelist.
(c) Hamdi's son.
(d) A French diplomat.
13. Who is Abu Rommel?
(a) Sabri's militant name.
(b) Ibrahim's boss.
(c) The man who hires Nada.
(d) The Egyptian United Nations representative.
14. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
(a) Back in Tabah.
(b) To Egyptian dealers.
(c) In the town center.
(d) To a museum.
15. What does Abdullah do when Jordan takes over the West Bank?
(a) He closes down refugee camps.
(b) He forms a new army.
(c) He has a parade.
(d) He makes new taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ibrahim and his family find refuge in Tulkarm?
2. What causes people to die at the Aqbat Jabar refugee camp?
3. Who does Ibrahim send away so he won't have to become part of the Jordanian army?
4. Why is Ishmael able to get a job with the Iraqi army?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 11, what is Abdullah's dream for the middle east?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)