|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Fifty thousand.
2. Where does Ishmael want to sell the items he found in the cave?
(a) In the town center.
(b) To Egyptian dealers.
(c) To a museum.
(d) Back in Tabah.
3. Why does Ibrahim reject all offers of marriage for Nada?
(a) He doesn't want her married to a refugee.
(b) He wants her to wait until she gets back to Tabah.
(c) She asks him to.
(d) He feels that she is too young.
4. Where is the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
5. Why does Ishmael want Nada to learn to read and write?
(a) So she can pretend to be a boy.
(b) So she can make money as a scribe.
(c) So she won't be so bored.
(d) She will need the skills in the future.
6. Who says, "The Palestinian people have never ruled themselves, nor ever attempted to rule themselves"?
7. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
(a) Have people start riots.
(b) Start religious ceremonies.
(c) Have people build things themselves.
(d) Start planting farms.
8. What will happen if the Jews attack the Egyptians?
(a) They will anger the Arabs.
(b) They will easily increase Israel's size.
(c) They won't receive American aid.
(d) They will clearly lose.
9. How much money does Ibrahim get for selling his truck?
(a) 100 US dollars.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 400 US dollars.
10. Where is Abdullah assassinated?
(b) A mosque.
(c) In his palace.
(d) The center of town.
11. Why does Zyyad want control of the West Bank?
(a) Because he knows Gideon wants it most.
(b) So Jews can't take his home.
(c) Because it is the biggest territory available.
(d) So Jordan will have a port.
12. What will the Leopards who confessed to Zyyad do?
(a) Make guerrilla raids against Israel.
(b) Help build new tanks and bombs.
(c) Be exiled.
(d) Go to prison.
13. What does Sabri want to find in Gaza?
(a) His family.
(b) A job.
(c) A wife.
(d) A position with a militant group.
14. What causes people to die at the Aqbat Jabar refugee camp?
15. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ishmael able to get a job with the Iraqi army?
2. Why does Husain have a regency when he becomes king of Jordan?
3. After the war, what does Gideon learn when he goes to Tel Aviv to meet with Ben-Gurion?
4. What happens shortly after the Arabs capture the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem?
5. When does Ibrahim tell Ishmael they must leave Jericho for Tabah?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)