|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When trying to return to Tabah, why can't Ibrahim use the roads to Jericho?
(a) They are for camels only.
(b) They are too dangerous.
(c) He doesn't have the right papers.
(d) They have been destroyed.
2. Where is the refugee camp Ibrahim's former villager's want Ibrahim to go to?
3. Where do Ishmael and Jamil find a place to hide their arms in Jericho?
(a) A hole in the ground.
(b) A cave.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A French restaurant.
4. Where does Gamal Abdel Nasser have a successful coup?
5. Why does Ibrahim reject all offers of marriage for Nada?
(a) She asks him to.
(b) He feels that she is too young.
(c) He wants her to wait until she gets back to Tabah.
(d) He doesn't want her married to a refugee.
6. How does Ibrahim manage to arrange a meeting with the mayor of Nablus?
(a) Gideon arranges it.
(b) Ibrahim saves the life of the mayor's son.
(c) Ishmael forges a letter from an army captain.
(d) The mayor wants to meet the leader of Tabah.
7. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
8. Who becomes a leader of the Avenging Leopards?
9. How do Ibrahim and his family keep the Bedouin away while they are in Jericho?
(a) They set up explosives.
(b) They hide in caves.
(c) They stay with a priest.
(d) They dress like the British.
10. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) Fifty thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
11. What does Ursula tell Ibrahim when he meets with her before the Zurich conference?
(a) That Kabir planned to kill him.
(b) That someone is going to steal his money.
(c) That Gideon has been misleading him.
(d) That she can't keep his secrets any longer.
12. When does Ibrahim tell Ishmael they must leave Jericho for Tabah?
(a) After Tabah becomes a British territory.
(b) After Gideon tells him it is time.
(c) After the Arab defeat.
(d) After the Arab uprising.
13. Why is Bakshir assassinated?
(a) For building a mosque.
(b) For supporting Abdullah.
(c) For blowing up a kibbutz.
(d) For hiding during the war.
14. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
15. What will the Leopards who confessed to Zyyad do?
(a) Help build new tanks and bombs.
(b) Make guerrilla raids against Israel.
(c) Be exiled.
(d) Go to prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ibrahim plan to stay while avoiding going to Jordan?
2. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
3. What does Ibrahim begin to call his section of the refugee camp in Jericho?
4. How is Sabri able to support his family in Gaza?
5. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)