|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Colonel of the Arab Legion?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 1, who takes care of Ishmael while his father is away?
(d) The Bedouin.
3. When Mudhil gives Ibrahim the supplies and money he needs to travel to Zurich, who does he say will help if they run out of money in Zurich?
(a) His cousin.
4. When trying to return to Tabah, why can't Ibrahim use the roads to Jericho?
(a) They have been destroyed.
(b) They are too dangerous.
(c) He doesn't have the right papers.
(d) They are for camels only.
5. What does Per Olson convince Ibrahim to do in the refugee camps?
(a) Start planting farms.
(b) Have people start riots.
(c) Start religious ceremonies.
(d) Have people build things themselves.
6. In Part 4, Chapter 8, whose generation is described as "the generation of liberation"?
(b) Ishmael's future son's.
7. In Part 5, Chapter 1, what makes Ishmael begin to accept reality?
(a) Being away from his father.
(b) Being away from a refugee camp.
(c) Living in the desert.
(d) Working as a shepherd.
8. Who becomes a leader of the Avenging Leopards?
9. In Part 4, Chapter 5, how many Arabs does Ben-Gurion agree to let return home?
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) Fifty thousand.
10. Why does Husain have a regency when he becomes king of Jordan?
(a) He was considered to be dumb.
(b) He wasn't trusted by the court.
(c) He wasn't old enough.
(d) He asked for one.
11. How many refugees does Jordan take in?
(a) Two-hundred and fifty thousand.
(b) More than one million.
(c) Half a million.
12. After Nada becomes more militant, where does Ishmael want to take her?
13. How much money does Ibrahim get for selling his truck?
(a) 100 US dollars.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 400 US dollars.
(d) 300 pounds.
14. When Kabir meets with Rahman to discuss the Zurich conference, who does Kabir feel can be bribed?
15. What does Ibrahim discuss with Sheik Taji and Charles Maan?
(a) Egypt's tyranny.
(b) Starting a war with Jordan.
(c) Control over Palestine.
(d) Moving to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
2. While staying in the refugee camp in Jericho, why does Ibrahim go into town every day?
3. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
4. Where does Gamal Abdel Nasser have a successful coup?
5. What will happen if the Jews attack the Egyptians?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)