|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They don't care.
(d) They think it is funny.
2. What is Plan D?
(a) A plan to set fire to Jewish settlements.
(b) A plan to offer defense to Jewish settlements.
(c) A plan to use car bombs on Jewish settlements.
(d) A plan to allow Jews to use stolen tanks.
3. How does Ibrahim feel about the unity described by Kaukji in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is unsure.
4. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
(a) There is a warning omen in the air.
(b) Previous attacks have failed.
(c) He knows they are stronger.
(d) He feels that Gideon is too smart for them.
5. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
(a) Because he does not believe in rulers.
(b) Because he lives in the desert.
(c) Because he knows Arabs will win.
(d) Because he read it in a book.
6. What are the Wahhabi known for?
(a) Being great warriors.
(b) Being wise with their money.
(c) Being led by women.
(d) Being converted to Christianity.
7. What was the retaliation for Deir Yassin following the Irgun attack?
(a) Arabs attacked a school.
(b) Arabs attacked a kibbutz.
(c) Arabs attacked Gideon's house.
(d) Arabs attacked a medical convey.
8. What does Kabir promise Farouk after the war if he stays in Tabah?
(a) Forty-thousand dollars.
(b) Five new brides.
(c) A leadership position.
(d) One third of the land.
9. What does Ibrahim say will happen to Ishmael when he catches him visiting the kibbutz?
(a) He will kill him.
(b) He will send him back to his mother.
(c) He will take him out of school.
(d) He will sell him.
10. After Kaukji's attacks on On January 10, 1948, what does he report to his leaders?
(a) That he wasn't able to get his men out of Syria.
(b) That he captured 50 Jews.
(c) That the attacks failed.
(d) That the attacks were successful.
11. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) He is not afraid of them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He isn't aware they exist.
(d) All his friends are Jewish.
12. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
(a) They aren't married.
13. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
(a) Arab Power First.
(b) The Mufti.
(c) Kibbutz Busters.
(d) Moslem Brotherhood.
14. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
15. Why is Tabah considered an enemy village to Gideon?
(a) Ibrahim is Arab.
(b) Because of the fire bombings against Tabah's kibbutz.
(c) Some residents are members of the Jihad Militia.
(d) They didn't support the Jewish settlements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
2. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
3. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
4. How does Ishmael witness the rape of his family members by Kaukji's men?
5. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)