|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Palestine did Fawzi Kabir sell most of to the Jews?
(a) Avalon valley.
(d) Red Sea beaches.
2. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
(a) They will refer all their customers to him.
(b) They will give him half their crops.
(c) They will market his oil.
(d) They will can his oil.
3. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To get guns.
(b) To start a fire.
(c) To go home.
(d) To build a fence.
4. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
(a) An Arab riot.
(b) Jews smash the windows of a Mosque.
(c) Mufti build a fortress.
(d) A sand storm.
5. What do most Arabs think about the United Nations' plan for a partition of Palestine?
(a) They thought it would not pass.
(b) They thought the British were behind it.
(c) They thought it was a great idea.
(d) They wanted to help create it.
6. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They think it is funny.
(d) They don't care.
7. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Start a farm.
(b) Build hospitals.
(c) Build new roads.
(d) Start a chain of hotels.
8. Why is Kaukji seeking revenge against Tabah?
(a) Because there are too many Jews there.
(b) Because he thinks they starting the war.
(c) Because of his failed attack against them.
(d) Because they wouldn't pay him a tax.
9. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
(a) A British soldier.
(c) A Greek captain.
(d) A Jewish leader.
10. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Learn a trade.
(b) Get a good education.
(c) Write his father often.
(d) Steal from the market.
11. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
(a) A goatherd.
(b) A shop owner.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A religious leader.
12. How does Ishmael witness the rape of his family members by Kaukji's men?
(a) He is hiding in the same room.
(b) They capture him with the women.
(c) He is part of Kaukji's group.
(d) He is trying to save them.
13. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
14. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Threaten the leaders.
(c) Annex it.
(d) Give it to the Jews.
15. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
(a) The mountain.
(b) The knoll.
(c) The cave.
(d) The center of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does news of the Jewish death camps affect Tabah?
2. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
4. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
5. What are the Wahhabi known for?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)