|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Ibrahim nervous about the hotel the driver of the Mercedes takes him on Christmas?
(a) It was run by Arab rebels.
(b) It is in a bad part of town.
(c) It is owned by Jews.
(d) He doesn't know what the drive wants with him.
2. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
(a) To move the women and children away.
(b) To bomb only every other day.
(c) To pay a settlement to the Jews.
(d) To split the conquered land in half.
3. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
4. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
(b) They aren't married.
5. When Ibrahim and Gideon meet in Part 2, Chapter 11, how long has it been since they last met?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
6. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
(a) Tel Iviv.
(b) Walid Azziz.
7. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) It has been a very dry year.
(b) Kabir sold the rights to water.
(c) Ibrahim broke it.
(d) The well was filled with cement.
8. Where does Kaukji tell Ibrahim he must take his people and their tribes?
9. Why is Kaukji seeking revenge against Tabah?
(a) Because there are too many Jews there.
(b) Because he thinks they starting the war.
(c) Because they wouldn't pay him a tax.
(d) Because of his failed attack against them.
10. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
11. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To get guns.
(b) To build a fence.
(c) To start a fire.
(d) To go home.
12. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
(a) A Koran.
(b) A Bible.
(d) A cookbook.
13. Where does Ibrahim hide the night before he is set to take a boat to Beirut?
(a) A school.
(b) A library.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A church.
14. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
(a) They agreed to it.
(b) They were not included in it.
(c) They turned it down immediately.
(d) They counter-offered.
15. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
(b) A British soldier.
(c) A Jewish leader.
(d) A Greek captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
2. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
3. What does Ibrahim tell Kabir he must have before leaving Tabah?
4. Why is Tabah considered an enemy village to Gideon?
5. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)