|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Christian Arabs feel about Kaukji's attacks?
(a) They wanted to help the Jews.
(b) They were didn't know anything about the attacks.
(c) They wanted to help the Arabs.
(d) They wanted no part of them.
2. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
3. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
4. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
(a) The Irregulars.
(b) The Arab Embarkment.
(c) The Propers.
(d) The Jihad Soliders.
5. What makes Ishmael curious about the kibbutz?
(a) Living next to one.
(b) Reading the Koran.
(c) His father's secrecy.
(d) Gideon's talks.
6. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
(a) The end of Arab attacks on Tel Aviv.
(b) Ten-thousand dollars.
(c) The end of Arab attacks on Jerusalem.
(d) Five-hundred thousand dollars.
7. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
(a) The Mufti.
(b) Kibbutz Busters.
(c) Moslem Brotherhood.
(d) Arab Power First.
8. What is Plan D?
(a) A plan to use car bombs on Jewish settlements.
(b) A plan to set fire to Jewish settlements.
(c) A plan to offer defense to Jewish settlements.
(d) A plan to allow Jews to use stolen tanks.
9. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Write his father often.
(b) Learn a trade.
(c) Steal from the market.
(d) Get a good education.
10. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
11. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
(b) A British soldier.
(c) A Greek captain.
(d) A Jewish leader.
12. According to Gideon, what is Islam used as an excuse for?
(a) Lack of water.
(b) Failure to use the land well.
(c) Failure to secure a good government.
(d) Lack of respect in the United Nations.
13. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
(a) The British.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Arabs.
(d) The French.
14. What is the name of the King of Jordan's army?
(a) Arab Blockade.
(b) Arab Power.
(c) Arab Secret Forces.
(d) Arab Legion.
15. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A coffeehouse.
(c) An after-hours restaurant.
(d) A theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on his deathbed in Chapter 1, what does Ibrahim's father give him?
2. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
3. What does Ibrahim do to the perimeter of his town when the riots and attacks begin to reach the valley of Avalon?
4. What do most Arabs think about the United Nations' plan for a partition of Palestine?
5. Why is Ramiza treated poorly by the people of Tabah?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)