|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
2. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
(d) The Arabs.
3. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
(a) Arab Power First.
(b) Moslem Brotherhood.
(c) The Mufti.
(d) Kibbutz Busters.
4. Where does Ibrahim hide the night before he is set to take a boat to Beirut?
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A library.
(d) A church.
5. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To go home.
(b) To start a fire.
(c) To get guns.
(d) To build a fence.
6. Why is Kaukji seeking revenge against Tabah?
(a) Because there are too many Jews there.
(b) Because they wouldn't pay him a tax.
(c) Because of his failed attack against them.
(d) Because he thinks they starting the war.
7. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
(a) A religious leader.
(b) A goatherd.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A shop owner.
8. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
(a) Jews smash the windows of a Mosque.
(b) Mufti build a fortress.
(c) A sand storm.
(d) An Arab riot.
9. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
(d) They aren't married.
10. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
(a) His family was tortured also.
(b) He was sent into exile.
(c) His hand was cut off.
(d) He was killed.
11. How does Ishmael witness the rape of his family members by Kaukji's men?
(a) He is part of Kaukji's group.
(b) He is hiding in the same room.
(c) He is trying to save them.
(d) They capture him with the women.
12. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
(a) Because he read it in a book.
(b) Because he knows Arabs will win.
(c) Because he does not believe in rulers.
(d) Because he lives in the desert.
13. In Part 2, Chapter 1 -5, how does Ibrahim feel about Gideon?
(a) He doesn't think about Gideon.
(b) He misses Gideon.
(c) He is glad he has Gideon as a friend.
(d) He is angry at Gideon.
14. What does Ibrahim do to the perimeter of his town when the riots and attacks begin to reach the valley of Avalon?
(a) He moves his whole town.
(b) He lines it with guards.
(c) He lights it on fire.
(d) He puts up a brick wall.
15. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
(a) A Greek captain.
(b) A British soldier.
(c) A Jewish leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
2. How does news of the Jewish death camps affect Tabah?
3. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
4. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
5. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)