|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael witness the rape of his family members by Kaukji's men?
(a) He is hiding in the same room.
(b) He is part of Kaukji's group.
(c) He is trying to save them.
(d) They capture him with the women.
2. Why do Gideon and Foote meet at a restaurant in Jerusalem?
(a) To discuss moving the Jews back to Europe.
(b) To discuss a new Jewish settlement.
(c) To discuss how to build better bombs.
(d) To discuss what is happening in Tabah.
3. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
(a) Mufti build a fortress.
(b) A sand storm.
(c) Jews smash the windows of a Mosque.
(d) An Arab riot.
4. Why is Kaukji seeking revenge against Tabah?
(a) Because there are too many Jews there.
(b) Because of his failed attack against them.
(c) Because he thinks they starting the war.
(d) Because they wouldn't pay him a tax.
5. In Chapter 16, Ibrahim says that there will be a war over Palestine when?
(a) After the new year.
(b) After the World War.
(c) When Jews out number the Arabs.
(d) Right before summer begins.
6. When Ibrahim and Gideon meet in Part 2, Chapter 11, how long has it been since they last met?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
7. Why is Ramiza treated poorly by the people of Tabah?
(a) Because she is mean to Ibrahim.
(b) Because she is poor.
(c) Because she is a second wife.
(d) Because she has no sons.
8. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Start a farm.
(b) Start a chain of hotels.
(c) Build hospitals.
(d) Build new roads.
9. What does Kabir promise Farouk after the war if he stays in Tabah?
(a) A leadership position.
(b) Forty-thousand dollars.
(c) One third of the land.
(d) Five new brides.
10. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
(a) Annex it.
(b) Threaten the leaders.
(c) Give it to the Jews.
(d) Burn it.
11. How do the Christian Arabs feel about Kaukji's attacks?
(a) They wanted to help the Arabs.
(b) They were didn't know anything about the attacks.
(c) They wanted to help the Jews.
(d) They wanted no part of them.
12. What is Plan D?
(a) A plan to offer defense to Jewish settlements.
(b) A plan to allow Jews to use stolen tanks.
(c) A plan to use car bombs on Jewish settlements.
(d) A plan to set fire to Jewish settlements.
13. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) Kabir sold the rights to water.
(b) It has been a very dry year.
(c) Ibrahim broke it.
(d) The well was filled with cement.
14. What do most Arabs think about the United Nations' plan for a partition of Palestine?
(a) They thought the British were behind it.
(b) They thought it was a great idea.
(c) They thought it would not pass.
(d) They wanted to help create it.
15. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
(a) Tel Iviv.
(b) Walid Azziz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
2. Who rescues Ibrahim and his family in Part 2, Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 12, who is said to have "firmly established a new era and a new principle"?
4. How do the Mujahedeen raise money for Mufti?
5. After Kaukji's attacks on On January 10, 1948, what does he report to his leaders?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)