|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tabah considered an enemy village to Gideon?
(a) Because of the fire bombings against Tabah's kibbutz.
(b) They didn't support the Jewish settlements.
(c) Ibrahim is Arab.
(d) Some residents are members of the Jihad Militia.
2. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
3. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
(a) The Arabs.
(b) The Syrians.
(c) The Iraqis.
(d) The Jews.
4. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
5. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
(a) The Mufti.
(b) Kibbutz Busters.
(c) Moslem Brotherhood.
(d) Arab Power First.
6. What are the Wahhabi known for?
(a) Being led by women.
(b) Being converted to Christianity.
(c) Being great warriors.
(d) Being wise with their money.
7. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) It has been a very dry year.
(b) The well was filled with cement.
(c) Ibrahim broke it.
(d) Kabir sold the rights to water.
8. How does news of the Jewish death camps affect Tabah?
(a) It made Jewish and Arab tensions worse.
(b) It didn't affect Tabah at all.
(c) The people of Tabah never heard of the death camps.
(d) It lead to more Arab sympathy.
9. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
10. How does Ibrahim plan to pay for the boat to take his villagers to Gaza?
(a) By borrowing money from Kabir.
(b) By selling supplies.
(c) By stealing the boat.
(d) By offering bribes.
11. What do the Mufti do to cause Arabs to attack the Jewish Quarter?
(a) Give a speech.
(b) Paid them to do it.
(c) Threatened them if they didn't do it.
(d) Nothing at all.
12. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The French.
(c) The Arabs.
(d) The British.
13. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
(b) A Bible.
(c) A Koran.
(d) A cookbook.
14. When Ibrahim tells the people of Tabah to evacuate, what is Farouk responsible for bringing with him?
15. How does Ibrahim feel about the unity described by Kaukji in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) He is unsure.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
3. What does Ibrahim do to the perimeter of his town when the riots and attacks begin to reach the valley of Avalon?
4. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
5. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)