|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
2. How do the Mujahedeen raise money for Mufti?
(a) Gambling and bribing.
(b) Fundraising and investing.
(c) Extortion and looting.
(d) They start a storefront to launder cash.
3. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A cookbook.
(d) A Koran.
4. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
5. What does Ibrahim tell Kabir he must have before leaving Tabah?
(b) The funds.
(c) A promise that he can return.
(d) An army.
6. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
7. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
(a) At Ibrahim's shop.
(b) At the library.
(c) At Gideon's.
(d) At city hall.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
(a) Take as much of Palestine as he can.
(b) Sell his compound.
(c) Have a large meeting.
(d) Buy Jewish tanks.
9. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
(a) Arab Power First.
(b) The Mufti.
(c) Moslem Brotherhood.
(d) Kibbutz Busters.
10. What do the Mufti do to cause Arabs to attack the Jewish Quarter?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) Give a speech.
(c) Threatened them if they didn't do it.
(d) Paid them to do it.
11. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Learn a trade.
(b) Steal from the market.
(c) Write his father often.
(d) Get a good education.
12. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
(b) A kibbutz.
(c) The town center.
(d) A synagogue.
13. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
(a) The end of Arab attacks on Tel Aviv.
(b) The end of Arab attacks on Jerusalem.
(c) Ten-thousand dollars.
(d) Five-hundred thousand dollars.
14. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
(a) To pay a settlement to the Jews.
(b) To split the conquered land in half.
(c) To move the women and children away.
(d) To bomb only every other day.
15. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) An after-hours restaurant.
(b) A theater.
(c) A coffeehouse.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
2. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
3. While on his deathbed in Chapter 1, what does Ibrahim's father give him?
4. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
5. According to Gideon, what is Islam used as an excuse for?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)