|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To get guns.
(b) To start a fire.
(c) To build a fence.
(d) To go home.
2. Why is Tabah considered an enemy village to Gideon?
(a) Some residents are members of the Jihad Militia.
(b) They didn't support the Jewish settlements.
(c) Because of the fire bombings against Tabah's kibbutz.
(d) Ibrahim is Arab.
3. Why is Kaukji seeking revenge against Tabah?
(a) Because there are too many Jews there.
(b) Because of his failed attack against them.
(c) Because he thinks they starting the war.
(d) Because they wouldn't pay him a tax.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
(a) Buy Jewish tanks.
(b) Sell his compound.
(c) Take as much of Palestine as he can.
(d) Have a large meeting.
5. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
(a) They were protecting the people of Tabah.
(b) It was a Jihad soldier base.
(c) They didn't trust the people of Tabah.
(d) It was a good hiding spot.
6. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
(a) They agreed to it.
(b) They counter-offered.
(c) They turned it down immediately.
(d) They were not included in it.
7. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
(a) His hand was cut off.
(b) His family was tortured also.
(c) He was sent into exile.
(d) He was killed.
8. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
9. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) The well was filled with cement.
(b) Ibrahim broke it.
(c) Kabir sold the rights to water.
(d) It has been a very dry year.
10. When Ibrahim and Gideon meet in Part 2, Chapter 11, how long has it been since they last met?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
11. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
(a) They will give him half their crops.
(b) They will market his oil.
(c) They will refer all their customers to him.
(d) They will can his oil.
12. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) He isn't aware they exist.
(b) He hates them.
(c) All his friends are Jewish.
(d) He is not afraid of them.
13. After Kaukji's attacks on On January 10, 1948, what does he report to his leaders?
(a) That the attacks failed.
(b) That he captured 50 Jews.
(c) That the attacks were successful.
(d) That he wasn't able to get his men out of Syria.
14. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
(a) A Koran.
(b) A cookbook.
(d) A Bible.
15. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
(a) Previous attacks have failed.
(b) He feels that Gideon is too smart for them.
(c) He knows they are stronger.
(d) There is a warning omen in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
2. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
3. In Chapter 16, Ibrahim says that there will be a war over Palestine when?
4. How does Ibrahim plan to pay for the boat to take his villagers to Gaza?
5. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)