|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Learn a trade.
(b) Steal from the market.
(c) Write his father often.
(d) Get a good education.
2. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
(a) Where they keep coming from.
(b) If they will make more money than the Arabs.
(c) How they will get anything to grow.
(d) How they have so many supplies.
3. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
(a) At Gideon's.
(b) At the library.
(c) At city hall.
(d) At Ibrahim's shop.
4. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
5. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) A coffeehouse.
(b) A theater.
(c) A hotel.
(d) An after-hours restaurant.
6. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) He is not afraid of them.
(b) He isn't aware they exist.
(c) All his friends are Jewish.
(d) He hates them.
7. How do the Mujahedeen raise money for Mufti?
(a) Gambling and bribing.
(b) Fundraising and investing.
(c) Extortion and looting.
(d) They start a storefront to launder cash.
8. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
9. How does news of the Jewish death camps affect Tabah?
(a) It lead to more Arab sympathy.
(b) It didn't affect Tabah at all.
(c) It made Jewish and Arab tensions worse.
(d) The people of Tabah never heard of the death camps.
10. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
(a) A kibbutz.
(b) The town center.
(c) A synagogue.
11. Why is Kaukji seeking revenge against Tabah?
(a) Because they wouldn't pay him a tax.
(b) Because he thinks they starting the war.
(c) Because of his failed attack against them.
(d) Because there are too many Jews there.
12. What is the name of the King of Jordan's army?
(a) Arab Secret Forces.
(b) Arab Power.
(c) Arab Blockade.
(d) Arab Legion.
13. When Fawzi Kabir dines with Ibrahim in his tents, what does Ibrahim ask for help with?
(a) Building a road.
(b) Starting a farm.
(c) Establishing guards.
(d) Paying his rent.
14. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
(a) It was a good hiding spot.
(b) They were protecting the people of Tabah.
(c) They didn't trust the people of Tabah.
(d) It was a Jihad soldier base.
15. How does Ibrahim plan to pay for the boat to take his villagers to Gaza?
(a) By stealing the boat.
(b) By selling supplies.
(c) By offering bribes.
(d) By borrowing money from Kabir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
2. What is Plan D?
3. How does Ibrahim feel about the unity described by Kaukji in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. What does Ibrahim do to the perimeter of his town when the riots and attacks begin to reach the valley of Avalon?
5. What are the Wahhabi known for?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)