|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
(a) Five-hundred thousand dollars.
(b) The end of Arab attacks on Tel Aviv.
(c) Ten-thousand dollars.
(d) The end of Arab attacks on Jerusalem.
2. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A religious leader.
(c) A goatherd.
(d) A shop owner.
3. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
(d) The Arabs.
4. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
5. What is Plan D?
(a) A plan to use car bombs on Jewish settlements.
(b) A plan to allow Jews to use stolen tanks.
(c) A plan to offer defense to Jewish settlements.
(d) A plan to set fire to Jewish settlements.
6. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
(a) It was a Jihad soldier base.
(b) They didn't trust the people of Tabah.
(c) They were protecting the people of Tabah.
(d) It was a good hiding spot.
7. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) Kabir sold the rights to water.
(b) Ibrahim broke it.
(c) The well was filled with cement.
(d) It has been a very dry year.
8. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Annex it.
(c) Threaten the leaders.
(d) Give it to the Jews.
9. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
(a) The Irregulars.
(b) The Jihad Soliders.
(c) The Propers.
(d) The Arab Embarkment.
10. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To get guns.
(b) To start a fire.
(c) To build a fence.
(d) To go home.
11. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
(a) How they will get anything to grow.
(b) If they will make more money than the Arabs.
(c) How they have so many supplies.
(d) Where they keep coming from.
12. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) An after-hours restaurant.
(b) A theater.
(c) A coffeehouse.
(d) A hotel.
13. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Write his father often.
(b) Learn a trade.
(c) Steal from the market.
(d) Get a good education.
14. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
(a) He was sent into exile.
(b) He was killed.
(c) His family was tortured also.
(d) His hand was cut off.
15. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does news of the Jewish death camps affect Tabah?
2. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
3. How does Ishmael witness the rape of his family members by Kaukji's men?
4. When Fawzi Kabir dines with Ibrahim in his tents, what does Ibrahim ask for help with?
5. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)