|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
(a) Take as much of Palestine as he can.
(b) Sell his compound.
(c) Have a large meeting.
(d) Buy Jewish tanks.
2. When Fawzi Kabir dines with Ibrahim in his tents, what does Ibrahim ask for help with?
(a) Building a road.
(b) Starting a farm.
(c) Paying his rent.
(d) Establishing guards.
3. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
(a) A goatherd.
(b) A shop owner.
(c) A religious leader.
(d) A scientist.
4. What was the retaliation for Deir Yassin following the Irgun attack?
(a) Arabs attacked a kibbutz.
(b) Arabs attacked a school.
(c) Arabs attacked Gideon's house.
(d) Arabs attacked a medical convey.
5. Why do Gideon and Foote meet at a restaurant in Jerusalem?
(a) To discuss how to build better bombs.
(b) To discuss a new Jewish settlement.
(c) To discuss moving the Jews back to Europe.
(d) To discuss what is happening in Tabah.
6. How does Ishmael witness the rape of his family members by Kaukji's men?
(a) He is trying to save them.
(b) He is hiding in the same room.
(c) He is part of Kaukji's group.
(d) They capture him with the women.
7. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
(a) Previous attacks have failed.
(b) There is a warning omen in the air.
(c) He feels that Gideon is too smart for them.
(d) He knows they are stronger.
8. What makes Ishmael curious about the kibbutz?
(a) Living next to one.
(b) Gideon's talks.
(c) Reading the Koran.
(d) His father's secrecy.
9. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Get a good education.
(b) Write his father often.
(c) Learn a trade.
(d) Steal from the market.
10. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
(a) They confuse the villager with someone else.
(b) The villager is a criminal.
(c) Ibrahim won't give them money.
(d) Mufti is trying to take over Tabah.
11. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
(a) The Mufti.
(b) Kibbutz Busters.
(c) Arab Power First.
(d) Moslem Brotherhood.
12. Why is Kaukji seeking revenge against Tabah?
(a) Because there are too many Jews there.
(b) Because of his failed attack against them.
(c) Because they wouldn't pay him a tax.
(d) Because he thinks they starting the war.
13. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
(a) The end of Arab attacks on Tel Aviv.
(b) Ten-thousand dollars.
(c) Five-hundred thousand dollars.
(d) The end of Arab attacks on Jerusalem.
14. How do the Mujahedeen raise money for Mufti?
(a) Extortion and looting.
(b) Fundraising and investing.
(c) Gambling and bribing.
(d) They start a storefront to launder cash.
15. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
(a) They were protecting the people of Tabah.
(b) They didn't trust the people of Tabah.
(c) It was a good hiding spot.
(d) It was a Jihad soldier base.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
2. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
3. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
4. What are the Wahhabi known for?
5. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)