|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
(a) Jews smash the windows of a Mosque.
(b) An Arab riot.
(c) Mufti build a fortress.
(d) A sand storm.
2. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
3. How do the Mujahedeen raise money for Mufti?
(a) They start a storefront to launder cash.
(b) Gambling and bribing.
(c) Fundraising and investing.
(d) Extortion and looting.
4. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
(b) A Koran.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A cookbook.
5. When Ibrahim and Gideon meet in Part 2, Chapter 11, how long has it been since they last met?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
6. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
7. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
(a) For going to Mecca.
(b) For striking a deal with the Jews.
(c) For having a vision.
(d) For having the most sons.
8. Why is Ramiza treated poorly by the people of Tabah?
(a) Because she has no sons.
(b) Because she is a second wife.
(c) Because she is poor.
(d) Because she is mean to Ibrahim.
9. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
(a) Moslem Brotherhood.
(b) Kibbutz Busters.
(c) Arab Power First.
(d) The Mufti.
10. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
11. What is Plan D?
(a) A plan to allow Jews to use stolen tanks.
(b) A plan to offer defense to Jewish settlements.
(c) A plan to set fire to Jewish settlements.
(d) A plan to use car bombs on Jewish settlements.
12. On January 10, 1948, what do Kaukji's forces attack in Syria?
(a) A mosque.
(b) Places of business.
(c) A kibbutz.
(d) Jewish homes.
13. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
14. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To go home.
(b) To start a fire.
(c) To get guns.
(d) To build a fence.
15. What does Ibrahim say will happen to Ishmael when he catches him visiting the kibbutz?
(a) He will take him out of school.
(b) He will sell him.
(c) He will kill him.
(d) He will send him back to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ibrahim tell Kabir he must have before leaving Tabah?
2. What does Kabir promise Farouk after the war if he stays in Tabah?
3. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
4. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
5. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)