|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibrahim do to the perimeter of his town when the riots and attacks begin to reach the valley of Avalon?
(a) He lines it with guards.
(b) He moves his whole town.
(c) He lights it on fire.
(d) He puts up a brick wall.
2. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
(a) To let more Jews into the area.
(b) To stop Arabs from fleeing.
(c) To stop Jewish immigration.
(d) To protect their investments in the area.
3. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
(a) The end of Arab attacks on Jerusalem.
(b) Ten-thousand dollars.
(c) Five-hundred thousand dollars.
(d) The end of Arab attacks on Tel Aviv.
4. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
5. What do most Arabs think about the United Nations' plan for a partition of Palestine?
(a) They thought it was a great idea.
(b) They thought the British were behind it.
(c) They wanted to help create it.
(d) They thought it would not pass.
6. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
7. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
(a) The Arab Embarkment.
(b) The Propers.
(c) The Irregulars.
(d) The Jihad Soliders.
8. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
(a) The villager is a criminal.
(b) Ibrahim won't give them money.
(c) Mufti is trying to take over Tabah.
(d) They confuse the villager with someone else.
9. What does Ibrahim tell Kabir he must have before leaving Tabah?
(b) The funds.
(c) A promise that he can return.
(d) An army.
10. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
(a) How they have so many supplies.
(b) How they will get anything to grow.
(c) Where they keep coming from.
(d) If they will make more money than the Arabs.
11. Why do Gideon and Foote meet at a restaurant in Jerusalem?
(a) To discuss a new Jewish settlement.
(b) To discuss moving the Jews back to Europe.
(c) To discuss what is happening in Tabah.
(d) To discuss how to build better bombs.
12. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
(a) At Gideon's.
(b) At Ibrahim's shop.
(c) At the library.
(d) At city hall.
13. How do the Christian Arabs feel about Kaukji's attacks?
(a) They were didn't know anything about the attacks.
(b) They wanted to help the Arabs.
(c) They wanted no part of them.
(d) They wanted to help the Jews.
14. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
15. On January 10, 1948, what do Kaukji's forces attack in Syria?
(a) Places of business.
(b) A kibbutz.
(c) A mosque.
(d) Jewish homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
2. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
3. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
4. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
5. What does Ibrahim say will happen to Ishmael when he catches him visiting the kibbutz?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)