|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kaukji tell Ibrahim he must take his people and their tribes?
2. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
(a) He feels that Gideon is too smart for them.
(b) He knows they are stronger.
(c) There is a warning omen in the air.
(d) Previous attacks have failed.
3. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
(a) He was buying a lot of land.
(b) He was trying to find his religion.
(c) He was wanted for war crimes.
(d) He travelled for work.
4. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
5. When Ibrahim and Gideon meet in Part 2, Chapter 11, how long has it been since they last met?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
6. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
(a) They confuse the villager with someone else.
(b) Mufti is trying to take over Tabah.
(c) Ibrahim won't give them money.
(d) The villager is a criminal.
7. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
(a) For having a vision.
(b) For having the most sons.
(c) For striking a deal with the Jews.
(d) For going to Mecca.
8. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
(a) Because he read it in a book.
(b) Because he lives in the desert.
(c) Because he does not believe in rulers.
(d) Because he knows Arabs will win.
9. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
(a) The Arabs.
(b) The Iraqis.
(c) The Syrians.
(d) The Jews.
10. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
(a) To protect their investments in the area.
(b) To stop Jewish immigration.
(c) To stop Arabs from fleeing.
(d) To let more Jews into the area.
11. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
(a) A kibbutz.
(c) A synagogue.
(d) The town center.
12. According to Gideon, what is Islam used as an excuse for?
(a) Failure to secure a good government.
(b) Lack of respect in the United Nations.
(c) Failure to use the land well.
(d) Lack of water.
13. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
14. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
15. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) He isn't aware they exist.
(b) All his friends are Jewish.
(c) He is not afraid of them.
(d) He hates them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
2. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
3. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
4. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
5. What makes Ibrahim nervous about the hotel the driver of the Mercedes takes him on Christmas?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)