|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Ishmael curious about the kibbutz?
(a) Living next to one.
(b) Reading the Koran.
(c) Gideon's talks.
(d) His father's secrecy.
2. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
(a) The mountain.
(b) The center of town.
(c) The cave.
(d) The knoll.
3. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) A Jewish leader.
(d) A Greek captain.
4. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) An after-hours restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A coffeehouse.
(d) A theater.
5. When Ibrahim tells the people of Tabah to evacuate, what is Farouk responsible for bringing with him?
6. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
(a) To stop Arabs from fleeing.
(b) To protect their investments in the area.
(c) To stop Jewish immigration.
(d) To let more Jews into the area.
7. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
(a) Have a large meeting.
(b) Sell his compound.
(c) Buy Jewish tanks.
(d) Take as much of Palestine as he can.
8. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
(a) Tel Iviv.
(b) Walid Azziz.
9. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
10. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
(a) They will market his oil.
(b) They will give him half their crops.
(c) They will refer all their customers to him.
(d) They will can his oil.
11. On January 10, 1948, what do Kaukji's forces attack in Syria?
(a) A mosque.
(b) Places of business.
(c) A kibbutz.
(d) Jewish homes.
12. What is the name of the King of Jordan's army?
(a) Arab Legion.
(b) Arab Secret Forces.
(c) Arab Blockade.
(d) Arab Power.
13. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
(a) He was buying a lot of land.
(b) He travelled for work.
(c) He was trying to find his religion.
(d) He was wanted for war crimes.
14. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
(d) They aren't married.
15. Why is Tabah considered an enemy village to Gideon?
(a) Some residents are members of the Jihad Militia.
(b) They didn't support the Jewish settlements.
(c) Because of the fire bombings against Tabah's kibbutz.
(d) Ibrahim is Arab.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
2. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
3. When Fawzi Kabir dines with Ibrahim in his tents, what does Ibrahim ask for help with?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 1 -5, how does Ibrahim feel about Gideon?
5. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)