|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
(a) The Propers.
(b) The Irregulars.
(c) The Arab Embarkment.
(d) The Jihad Soliders.
2. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
(a) Walid Azziz.
(d) Tel Iviv.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1 -5, how does Ibrahim feel about Gideon?
(a) He misses Gideon.
(b) He doesn't think about Gideon.
(c) He is glad he has Gideon as a friend.
(d) He is angry at Gideon.
4. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
(a) To bomb only every other day.
(b) To split the conquered land in half.
(c) To move the women and children away.
(d) To pay a settlement to the Jews.
5. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Steal from the market.
(b) Write his father often.
(c) Learn a trade.
(d) Get a good education.
6. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Start a farm.
(b) Start a chain of hotels.
(c) Build new roads.
(d) Build hospitals.
7. What part of Palestine did Fawzi Kabir sell most of to the Jews?
(b) Avalon valley.
(c) Red Sea beaches.
8. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
(a) He feels that Gideon is too smart for them.
(b) He knows they are stronger.
(c) There is a warning omen in the air.
(d) Previous attacks have failed.
9. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
(a) The Arabs.
(b) The Iraqis.
(c) The Syrians.
(d) The Jews.
10. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
(b) A Koran.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A cookbook.
11. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
(a) To protect their investments in the area.
(b) To let more Jews into the area.
(c) To stop Arabs from fleeing.
(d) To stop Jewish immigration.
12. According to Gideon, what is Islam used as an excuse for?
(a) Failure to secure a good government.
(b) Lack of water.
(c) Lack of respect in the United Nations.
(d) Failure to use the land well.
13. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
14. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
15. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
(a) They aren't married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the King of Jordan's army?
2. Why do the Irgun and Haganah retaliate in Jerusalem?
3. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
4. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)