|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
2. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
3. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
(a) They turned it down immediately.
(b) They were not included in it.
(c) They counter-offered.
(d) They agreed to it.
4. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
(a) They don't care.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They think it is funny.
5. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
6. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
7. What was the retaliation for Deir Yassin following the Irgun attack?
(a) Arabs attacked Gideon's house.
(b) Arabs attacked a school.
(c) Arabs attacked a kibbutz.
(d) Arabs attacked a medical convey.
8. What are the Wahhabi known for?
(a) Being converted to Christianity.
(b) Being led by women.
(c) Being wise with their money.
(d) Being great warriors.
9. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
(a) Give it to the Jews.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Annex it.
(d) Threaten the leaders.
10. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
(a) He was buying a lot of land.
(b) He travelled for work.
(c) He was trying to find his religion.
(d) He was wanted for war crimes.
11. Where does Kaukji tell Ibrahim he must take his people and their tribes?
12. On January 10, 1948, what do Kaukji's forces attack in Syria?
(a) A kibbutz.
(b) Jewish homes.
(c) Places of business.
(d) A mosque.
13. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
14. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
(a) They will refer all their customers to him.
(b) They will give him half their crops.
(c) They will market his oil.
(d) They will can his oil.
15. What is Plan D?
(a) A plan to use car bombs on Jewish settlements.
(b) A plan to offer defense to Jewish settlements.
(c) A plan to set fire to Jewish settlements.
(d) A plan to allow Jews to use stolen tanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Christian Arabs feel about Kaukji's attacks?
2. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
3. What does Ibrahim do to the perimeter of his town when the riots and attacks begin to reach the valley of Avalon?
4. When Fawzi Kabir dines with Ibrahim in his tents, what does Ibrahim ask for help with?
5. Where does Ibrahim hide the night before he is set to take a boat to Beirut?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)