|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Gideon and Foote meet at a restaurant in Jerusalem?
(a) To discuss how to build better bombs.
(b) To discuss moving the Jews back to Europe.
(c) To discuss what is happening in Tabah.
(d) To discuss a new Jewish settlement.
2. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
3. How does Ibrahim plan to pay for the boat to take his villagers to Gaza?
(a) By selling supplies.
(b) By stealing the boat.
(c) By offering bribes.
(d) By borrowing money from Kabir.
4. Where does Kaukji tell Ibrahim he must take his people and their tribes?
5. What are the Wahhabi known for?
(a) Being great warriors.
(b) Being led by women.
(c) Being wise with their money.
(d) Being converted to Christianity.
6. What is the name of the King of Jordan's army?
(a) Arab Power.
(b) Arab Blockade.
(c) Arab Secret Forces.
(d) Arab Legion.
7. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
(a) A sand storm.
(b) Mufti build a fortress.
(c) An Arab riot.
(d) Jews smash the windows of a Mosque.
8. According to Gideon, what is Islam used as an excuse for?
(a) Failure to use the land well.
(b) Lack of respect in the United Nations.
(c) Lack of water.
(d) Failure to secure a good government.
9. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
10. What do most Arabs think about the United Nations' plan for a partition of Palestine?
(a) They wanted to help create it.
(b) They thought the British were behind it.
(c) They thought it was a great idea.
(d) They thought it would not pass.
11. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
12. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
(a) They don't care.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They think it is funny.
(d) They are jealous.
13. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Build new roads.
(b) Build hospitals.
(c) Start a chain of hotels.
(d) Start a farm.
14. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
(a) His family was tortured also.
(b) His hand was cut off.
(c) He was sent into exile.
(d) He was killed.
15. In Chapter 12, who is said to have "firmly established a new era and a new principle"?
(a) The Special Night Squads.
(c) The Mufti.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Tabah villagers surrounded by Jihad soldiers when they spend the night in a field in Ramle?
2. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
3. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
4. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
5. Where does Ibrahim hide the night before he is set to take a boat to Beirut?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)