|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ibrahim tell Kabir he must have before leaving Tabah?
(a) A promise that he can return.
(b) The funds.
(c) An army.
2. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
(a) To move the women and children away.
(b) To bomb only every other day.
(c) To pay a settlement to the Jews.
(d) To split the conquered land in half.
3. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
(a) He knows they are stronger.
(b) He feels that Gideon is too smart for them.
(c) Previous attacks have failed.
(d) There is a warning omen in the air.
4. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
5. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Annex it.
(c) Give it to the Jews.
(d) Threaten the leaders.
6. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
(a) He was killed.
(b) His family was tortured also.
(c) His hand was cut off.
(d) He was sent into exile.
7. In Part 2, Chapter 1 -5, how does Ibrahim feel about Gideon?
(a) He is angry at Gideon.
(b) He doesn't think about Gideon.
(c) He is glad he has Gideon as a friend.
(d) He misses Gideon.
8. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
(b) The town center.
(c) A synagogue.
(d) A kibbutz.
9. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
(a) They agreed to it.
(b) They turned it down immediately.
(c) They were not included in it.
(d) They counter-offered.
10. Why is Tabah considered an enemy village to Gideon?
(a) They didn't support the Jewish settlements.
(b) Some residents are members of the Jihad Militia.
(c) Because of the fire bombings against Tabah's kibbutz.
(d) Ibrahim is Arab.
11. What does Kabir promise Farouk after the war if he stays in Tabah?
(a) A leadership position.
(b) One third of the land.
(c) Forty-thousand dollars.
(d) Five new brides.
12. When Ibrahim tells the people of Tabah to evacuate, what is Farouk responsible for bringing with him?
13. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) The well was filled with cement.
(b) Kabir sold the rights to water.
(c) Ibrahim broke it.
(d) It has been a very dry year.
14. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
(a) An Arab riot.
(b) Mufti build a fortress.
(c) A sand storm.
(d) Jews smash the windows of a Mosque.
15. How does news of the Jewish death camps affect Tabah?
(a) It lead to more Arab sympathy.
(b) It made Jewish and Arab tensions worse.
(c) It didn't affect Tabah at all.
(d) The people of Tabah never heard of the death camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
2. How does Ibrahim plan to pay for the boat to take his villagers to Gaza?
3. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
4. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
5. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)