|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Ibrahim says that there will be a war over Palestine when?
(a) When Jews out number the Arabs.
(b) After the World War.
(c) Right before summer begins.
(d) After the new year.
2. Who arrests Gideon in 1946?
(a) The Arabs.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The British.
(d) The French.
3. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
(a) He was killed.
(b) His family was tortured also.
(c) His hand was cut off.
(d) He was sent into exile.
4. What do most Arabs think about the United Nations' plan for a partition of Palestine?
(a) They thought it was a great idea.
(b) They thought the British were behind it.
(c) They thought it would not pass.
(d) They wanted to help create it.
5. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Build new roads.
(b) Build hospitals.
(c) Start a chain of hotels.
(d) Start a farm.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 1 -5, how does Ibrahim feel about Gideon?
(a) He is glad he has Gideon as a friend.
(b) He is angry at Gideon.
(c) He doesn't think about Gideon.
(d) He misses Gideon.
7. What was the retaliation for Deir Yassin following the Irgun attack?
(a) Arabs attacked a kibbutz.
(b) Arabs attacked a school.
(c) Arabs attacked Gideon's house.
(d) Arabs attacked a medical convey.
8. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
(a) The knoll.
(b) The mountain.
(c) The center of town.
(d) The cave.
9. What does Ibrahim do to the perimeter of his town when the riots and attacks begin to reach the valley of Avalon?
(a) He puts up a brick wall.
(b) He lights it on fire.
(c) He lines it with guards.
(d) He moves his whole town.
10. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
11. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
(b) They aren't married.
12. How do the Christian Arabs feel about Kaukji's attacks?
(a) They were didn't know anything about the attacks.
(b) They wanted to help the Jews.
(c) They wanted to help the Arabs.
(d) They wanted no part of them.
13. Where does Ibrahim hide the night before he is set to take a boat to Beirut?
(a) A church.
(b) A library.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
14. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) He isn't aware they exist.
(b) He is not afraid of them.
(c) All his friends are Jewish.
(d) He hates them.
15. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
2. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
3. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
4. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
5. What does Abdullah want to do with Jerusalem?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)