|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
(a) They will can his oil.
(b) They will refer all their customers to him.
(c) They will give him half their crops.
(d) They will market his oil.
2. How do the Christian Arabs feel about Kaukji's attacks?
(a) They wanted to help the Arabs.
(b) They were didn't know anything about the attacks.
(c) They wanted no part of them.
(d) They wanted to help the Jews.
3. What part of Palestine did Fawzi Kabir sell most of to the Jews?
(c) Red Sea beaches.
(d) Avalon valley.
4. Who does Ibrahim make a deal with for safe passage to Beirut for the Tabah villagers?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) A Jewish leader.
(c) A Greek captain.
5. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
6. What is Plan D?
(a) A plan to use car bombs on Jewish settlements.
(b) A plan to allow Jews to use stolen tanks.
(c) A plan to offer defense to Jewish settlements.
(d) A plan to set fire to Jewish settlements.
7. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) Kabir sold the rights to water.
(b) It has been a very dry year.
(c) The well was filled with cement.
(d) Ibrahim broke it.
8. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Build new roads.
(b) Start a farm.
(c) Build hospitals.
(d) Start a chain of hotels.
9. What are the Wahhabi known for?
(a) Being led by women.
(b) Being great warriors.
(c) Being wise with their money.
(d) Being converted to Christianity.
10. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To get guns.
(b) To go home.
(c) To build a fence.
(d) To start a fire.
11. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
(a) He was wanted for war crimes.
(b) He was trying to find his religion.
(c) He was buying a lot of land.
(d) He travelled for work.
12. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
(a) At Gideon's.
(b) At Ibrahim's shop.
(c) At city hall.
(d) At the library.
13. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
(a) A Koran.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A cookbook.
14. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) He is not afraid of them.
(b) He isn't aware they exist.
(c) All his friends are Jewish.
(d) He hates them.
15. How does news of the Jewish death camps affect Tabah?
(a) The people of Tabah never heard of the death camps.
(b) It lead to more Arab sympathy.
(c) It didn't affect Tabah at all.
(d) It made Jewish and Arab tensions worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
2. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
3. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
4. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
5. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)