|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
2. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
(a) The villager is a criminal.
(b) Ibrahim won't give them money.
(c) They confuse the villager with someone else.
(d) Mufti is trying to take over Tabah.
3. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
(a) Because he knows Arabs will win.
(b) Because he read it in a book.
(c) Because he lives in the desert.
(d) Because he does not believe in rulers.
4. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
5. On January 10, 1948, what do Kaukji's forces attack in Syria?
(a) A kibbutz.
(b) Places of business.
(c) Jewish homes.
(d) A mosque.
6. In Chapter 16, Ibrahim says that there will be a war over Palestine when?
(a) After the World War.
(b) After the new year.
(c) Right before summer begins.
(d) When Jews out number the Arabs.
7. What was the retaliation for Deir Yassin following the Irgun attack?
(a) Arabs attacked a kibbutz.
(b) Arabs attacked a school.
(c) Arabs attacked a medical convey.
(d) Arabs attacked Gideon's house.
8. Where does Ibrahim hide the night before he is set to take a boat to Beirut?
(a) A school.
(b) A library.
(c) A church.
(d) A hospital.
9. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
(a) The knoll.
(b) The center of town.
(c) The mountain.
(d) The cave.
10. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
(a) A religious leader.
(b) A shop owner.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A goatherd.
11. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) He isn't aware they exist.
(b) All his friends are Jewish.
(c) He is not afraid of them.
(d) He hates them.
12. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
(a) He was wanted for war crimes.
(b) He was buying a lot of land.
(c) He was trying to find his religion.
(d) He travelled for work.
13. What do the Jews say it would take for Jaffa to remain a safe city?
(a) The end of Arab attacks on Jerusalem.
(b) Five-hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Ten-thousand dollars.
(d) The end of Arab attacks on Tel Aviv.
14. What do the Mufti do to cause Arabs to attack the Jewish Quarter?
(a) Paid them to do it.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) Give a speech.
(d) Threatened them if they didn't do it.
15. Where does Kaukji tell Ibrahim he must take his people and their tribes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
2. What is the name of the King of Jordan's army?
3. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
4. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
5. What makes Ishmael curious about the kibbutz?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)