|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
(a) A kibbutz.
(b) The town center.
(c) A synagogue.
2. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
(b) They aren't married.
3. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To start a fire.
(b) To get guns.
(c) To build a fence.
(d) To go home.
4. What does kibbutz of Shemesh propose to Ibn Yussuf?
(a) They will market his oil.
(b) They will refer all their customers to him.
(c) They will give him half their crops.
(d) They will can his oil.
5. What does Kabir promise Farouk after the war if he stays in Tabah?
(a) One third of the land.
(b) A leadership position.
(c) Forty-thousand dollars.
(d) Five new brides.
6. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
(a) At city hall.
(b) At Gideon's.
(c) At the library.
(d) At Ibrahim's shop.
7. When Ibrahim tells the people of Tabah to evacuate, what is Farouk responsible for bringing with him?
8. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An after-hours restaurant.
(c) A theater.
(d) A coffeehouse.
9. How old is Ishmael when he leaves school?
10. When Ibrahim and Gideon meet in Part 2, Chapter 11, how long has it been since they last met?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
11. While on his deathbed in Chapter 1, what does Ibrahim's father give him?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A book.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A ring.
12. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) Ibrahim broke it.
(b) Kabir sold the rights to water.
(c) It has been a very dry year.
(d) The well was filled with cement.
13. What is the name of the King of Jordan's army?
(a) Arab Power.
(b) Arab Legion.
(c) Arab Secret Forces.
(d) Arab Blockade.
14. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
(c) Walid Azziz.
(d) Tel Iviv.
15. What are the Wahhabi known for?
(a) Being wise with their money.
(b) Being converted to Christianity.
(c) Being great warriors.
(d) Being led by women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
2. Why does Heuseinni have to move around the Middle East so much?
3. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
4. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
5. What do the Mufti do to cause Arabs to attack the Jewish Quarter?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)