|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
(a) To stop Arabs from fleeing.
(b) To protect their investments in the area.
(c) To stop Jewish immigration.
(d) To let more Jews into the area.
2. Where do Ibrahim and his family find refuge in Tulkarm?
(a) A refugee shelter.
(b) A manger.
(c) An apple orchard.
(d) An olive grove.
3. In Chapter 12, who is said to have "firmly established a new era and a new principle"?
(a) The British.
(c) The Mufti.
(d) The Special Night Squads.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what does Ibrahim come to realize about Tabah?
(a) That it will be part of Isreal.
(b) That it will be part of Palestine.
(c) That it's art will be lost.
(d) That the villagers need to go home.
5. What will happen if the Jews attack the Egyptians?
(a) They won't receive American aid.
(b) They will clearly lose.
(c) They will easily increase Israel's size.
(d) They will anger the Arabs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
2. While on his deathbed in Chapter 1, what does Ibrahim's father give him?
3. Why is Ishmael able to get a job with the Iraqi army?
4. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
5. What does Ibrahim tell Kabir he must have before leaving Tabah?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)