|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ishmael want Nada to learn to read and write?
(a) So she can make money as a scribe.
(b) So she won't be so bored.
(c) So she can pretend to be a boy.
(d) She will need the skills in the future.
2. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
3. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) It has been a very dry year.
(b) Ibrahim broke it.
(c) Kabir sold the rights to water.
(d) The well was filled with cement.
4. Who works on Ibrahim's truck whenever it breaks down on his way to Jericho?
5. How do the Christian Arabs feel about Kaukji's attacks?
(a) They wanted to help the Arabs.
(b) They were didn't know anything about the attacks.
(c) They wanted to help the Jews.
(d) They wanted no part of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
2. Where does an Arab attack a woman in 1925 that causes everyone to worry about a revenge attack?
3. When Fawzi Kabir dines with Ibrahim in his tents, what does Ibrahim ask for help with?
4. Why is Ishmael able to get a job with the Iraqi army?
5. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)