|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
(a) Because someone has stolen something.
(b) Because there is a storm.
(c) Because someone has broken in.
(d) Because the Arabs attack.
2. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
(a) Mufti is trying to take over Tabah.
(b) They confuse the villager with someone else.
(c) Ibrahim won't give them money.
(d) The villager is a criminal.
3. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
4. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
5. After Kaukji's attacks on On January 10, 1948, what does he report to his leaders?
(a) That he wasn't able to get his men out of Syria.
(b) That he captured 50 Jews.
(c) That the attacks were successful.
(d) That the attacks failed.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the refugee camps in Jericho, where does Ibrahim say he is a prisoner?
2. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
3. What does Kabir promise Farouk after the war if he stays in Tabah?
4. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
5. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)