|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 11-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
(a) Where they keep coming from.
(b) How they have so many supplies.
(c) How they will get anything to grow.
(d) If they will make more money than the Arabs.
2. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
(a) The center of town.
(b) The knoll.
(c) The cave.
(d) The mountain.
3. In Chapter 16, Ibrahim says that there will be a war over Palestine when?
(a) When Jews out number the Arabs.
(b) After the new year.
(c) After the World War.
(d) Right before summer begins.
4. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
(a) His hand was cut off.
(b) His family was tortured also.
(c) He was sent into exile.
(d) He was killed.
5. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Start a farm.
(b) Start a chain of hotels.
(c) Build hospitals.
(d) Build new roads.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
2. Who forms the Army of Liberation?
3. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
4. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
5. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)