|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
(a) At Gideon's.
(b) At city hall.
(c) At Ibrahim's shop.
(d) At the library.
2. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
(a) Because he knows Arabs will win.
(b) Because he does not believe in rulers.
(c) Because he read it in a book.
(d) Because he lives in the desert.
3. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) An after-hours restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A theater.
(d) A coffeehouse.
4. What does Kabir promise Farouk after the war if he stays in Tabah?
(a) Five new brides.
(b) Forty-thousand dollars.
(c) A leadership position.
(d) One third of the land.
5. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
2. How do the Christian Arabs feel about Kaukji's attacks?
3. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
4. Why do Gideon and Foote meet at a restaurant in Jerusalem?
5. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)