|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, why does Sheik Azziz say he doesn't care who rules Palestine?
(a) Because he read it in a book.
(b) Because he lives in the desert.
(c) Because he does not believe in rulers.
(d) Because he knows Arabs will win.
2. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Write his father often.
(b) Get a good education.
(c) Steal from the market.
(d) Learn a trade.
3. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
4. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
(a) The Iraqis.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Syrians.
(d) The Arabs.
5. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
(b) Tel Iviv.
(c) Walid Azziz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Jews respond to the first offer of a partitioned country?
2. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 6 what does Kaukji plan to do before the other Arab countries invade?
4. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
5. Who does Ibrahim have purchase the Palestine Post?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)