|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
(a) His family was tortured also.
(b) He was sent into exile.
(c) He was killed.
(d) His hand was cut off.
2. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) A coffeehouse.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A theater.
(d) An after-hours restaurant.
3. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
(a) Arab Power First.
(b) The Mufti.
(c) Moslem Brotherhood.
(d) Kibbutz Busters.
4. Why does the Arab well not have any water in it?
(a) Ibrahim broke it.
(b) Kabir sold the rights to water.
(c) It has been a very dry year.
(d) The well was filled with cement.
5. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
(a) Walid Azziz.
(b) Tel Iviv.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
2. Why is Ramiza treated poorly by the people of Tabah?
3. What does Ibrahim say will happen to Ishmael when he catches him visiting the kibbutz?
4. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
5. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)