|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
(a) They confuse the villager with someone else.
(b) Ibrahim won't give them money.
(c) The villager is a criminal.
(d) Mufti is trying to take over Tabah.
2. What makes Ishmael curious about the kibbutz?
(a) Reading the Koran.
(b) Living next to one.
(c) Gideon's talks.
(d) His father's secrecy.
3. When Fawzi Kabir dines with Ibrahim in his tents, what does Ibrahim ask for help with?
(a) Building a road.
(b) Paying his rent.
(c) Starting a farm.
(d) Establishing guards.
4. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Learn a trade.
(b) Steal from the market.
(c) Write his father often.
(d) Get a good education.
5. Why is Ramiza treated poorly by the people of Tabah?
(a) Because she is mean to Ibrahim.
(b) Because she is a second wife.
(c) Because she has no sons.
(d) Because she is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
2. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
3. How do the Mujahedeen raise money for Mufti?
4. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
5. In Chapter 12, who is said to have "firmly established a new era and a new principle"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)