|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ishmael attend school when he is nine?
2. How do the Mujahedeen raise money for Mufti?
(a) Gambling and bribing.
(b) Fundraising and investing.
(c) Extortion and looting.
(d) They start a storefront to launder cash.
3. Before he agrees to send him to school, what does Ibrahim tell Ishmael his future will be?
(a) A shop owner.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A goatherd.
(d) A religious leader.
4. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To go home.
(b) To get guns.
(c) To start a fire.
(d) To build a fence.
5. While on his deathbed in Chapter 1, what does Ibrahim's father give him?
(a) A ring.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A book.
(d) A cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
2. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
3. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
4. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
5. What makes Ishmael curious about the kibbutz?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)