|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
(a) At city hall.
(b) At Gideon's.
(c) At the library.
(d) At Ibrahim's shop.
2. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To build a fence.
(b) To start a fire.
(c) To get guns.
(d) To go home.
3. Why is one of Ibrahim's villagers captured by Mufti and Mujahedeen?
(a) Mufti is trying to take over Tabah.
(b) They confuse the villager with someone else.
(c) Ibrahim won't give them money.
(d) The villager is a criminal.
4. What did Ishmael's mother encourage him to do when he was staying with her?
(a) Learn a trade.
(b) Write his father often.
(c) Get a good education.
(d) Steal from the market.
5. After the first failed attack, where does Ibrahim go to watch the Jewish settlers every day?
(a) The cave.
(b) The center of town.
(c) The knoll.
(d) The mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
2. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
3. According to Gideon, what is Islam used as an excuse for?
4. When Fawzi Kabir dines with Ibrahim in his tents, what does Ibrahim ask for help with?
5. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)