|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Mujahedeen raise money for Mufti?
(a) They start a storefront to launder cash.
(b) Extortion and looting.
(c) Gambling and bribing.
(d) Fundraising and investing.
2. What are the Wahhabi known for?
(a) Being converted to Christianity.
(b) Being led by women.
(c) Being wise with their money.
(d) Being great warriors.
3. In Chapter 5, why do sirens go off near the Jewish settlement?
(a) Because there is a storm.
(b) Because someone has broken in.
(c) Because someone has stolen something.
(d) Because the Arabs attack.
4. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
(a) The Syrians.
(b) The Arabs.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Iraqis.
5. What do the Mufti do to cause Arabs to attack the Jewish Quarter?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) Threatened them if they didn't do it.
(c) Give a speech.
(d) Paid them to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
2. How old is Ishmael when he makes a deal with his brother concerning parcels of land?
3. Where does Farouk go to make marriage arrangements between Ibrahim and Ramiza?
4. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
5. When Ibrahim watches the Jewish settlers build terraces for farming, what does he wonder?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)