|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gideon Asch tell Ibrahim the Jews are planning to do with the land they purchased?
(a) Build new roads.
(b) Start a farm.
(c) Build hospitals.
(d) Start a chain of hotels.
2. What does Gideon tell his friends and family to do after his first visit with the Arabs in Tabah?
(a) To build a fence.
(b) To go home.
(c) To start a fire.
(d) To get guns.
3. Who does Ibrahim have find out why the Jews flooded the canals?
4. What do the Mufti do to cause Arabs to attack the Jewish Quarter?
(a) Paid them to do it.
(b) Give a speech.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) Threatened them if they didn't do it.
5. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A coffeehouse.
(c) An after-hours restaurant.
(d) A theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when Farouk tells Ibrahim that the Jews are coming?
2. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
3. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
4. What happened when Gideon is held captive and tortured for giving information to the British?
5. Why do Gideon and Foote meet at a restaurant in Jerusalem?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)