|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1- 5,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war, what does Gideon learn when he goes to Tel Aviv to meet with Ben-Gurion?
(a) The British want them to leave the Egyptians alone.
(b) The Americans are coming to re-build the area.
(c) The United Nations are imposing a peace treaty.
(d) The Arabs want to have three territories.
2. What does Ibrahim have Ishmael do at the Great Democratic Unity Conference?
(a) Make contacts to get a good job.
(b) Help Ibrahim prepare a speech.
(c) Take notes to write a letter to the editor.
(d) Find out who is against Ibrahim.
3. Who does the Pope invite to meet with him to discuss the treatment of Christian Arabs in refugee camps?
4. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
(a) He hates them.
(b) All his friends are Jewish.
(c) He isn't aware they exist.
(d) He is not afraid of them.
5. What does Ibrahim tell Kabir he must have before leaving Tabah?
(a) The funds.
(b) A promise that he can return.
(d) An army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
2. Where does Heusseini have a villa?
3. How does Ibrahim manage to arrange a meeting with the mayor of Nablus?
4. After meeting daily with Ben-Gurion, what compromise does Gideon reach?
5. In Chapter 12, who is said to have "firmly established a new era and a new principle"?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)