|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1- 5,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabri want to find in Gaza?
(a) His family.
(b) A wife.
(c) A position with a militant group.
(d) A job.
2. How does Ishmael feel about King Abdullah in Part 5, Chapter 6?
(a) He thinks King Abdullah is going to save the Arab world.
(b) He feels like the long lost son of King Abdullah.
(c) He feels like a prisoner of King Abdullah.
(d) The thinks King Abdullah will lose the war.
3. Why do the Irgun and Haganah retaliate in Jerusalem?
(a) Their women were taken.
(b) Their buildings were set on fire.
(c) Their tanks were stolen.
(d) They were bombed.
4. Why does King Abdullah want peace with the Jews?
(a) He wants Jerusalem.
(b) His father was Jewish.
(c) He is anti-war.
(d) He thinks Palestine belongs to them.
5. Who rescues Ibrahim and his family in Part 2, Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ibrahim feel about the unity described by Kaukji in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. When does the Zurich conference end?
3. What business do Ibrahim and his brother Farouk own?
4. How does Ishmael feel knowing that Jamil is considered to be a martyr?
5. What subject does Mr. Salmi especially encourage Ishmael in?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)