|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ibrahim get the title "Haj"?
(a) For having a vision.
(b) For striking a deal with the Jews.
(c) For going to Mecca.
(d) For having the most sons.
2. What country is Gustav Bockmann native to?
3. How does news of the Jewish death camps affect Tabah?
(a) It lead to more Arab sympathy.
(b) The people of Tabah never heard of the death camps.
(c) It made Jewish and Arab tensions worse.
(d) It didn't affect Tabah at all.
4. What does Ibrahim say will happen to Ishmael when he catches him visiting the kibbutz?
(a) He will kill him.
(b) He will take him out of school.
(c) He will sell him.
(d) He will send him back to his mother.
5. Why is Ramiza treated poorly by the people of Tabah?
(a) Because she is mean to Ibrahim.
(b) Because she is a second wife.
(c) Because she is poor.
(d) Because she has no sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens a few days before the Arab Higher Committee forms?
2. Who sides with the Germans as World War II was starting?
3. What do most Arabs think about the United Nations' plan for a partition of Palestine?
4. According to Gideon, what is Islam used as an excuse for?
5. What are the Wahhabi known for?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)