|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ibrahim and his friends and family listen to the news on the radio as Germany begins taking over countries?
(a) At city hall.
(b) At Gideon's.
(c) At Ibrahim's shop.
(d) At the library.
2. What number wife is Hagar for Ibrahim?
(d) They aren't married.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1 -5, how does Ibrahim feel about Gideon?
(a) He is glad he has Gideon as a friend.
(b) He misses Gideon.
(c) He doesn't think about Gideon.
(d) He is angry at Gideon.
4. According to Gideon, what is Islam used as an excuse for?
(a) Lack of water.
(b) Failure to use the land well.
(c) Lack of respect in the United Nations.
(d) Failure to secure a good government.
5. Why is Ibrahim nervous about attacking the Jews when they first arrive?
(a) He knows they are stronger.
(b) He feels that Gideon is too smart for them.
(c) There is a warning omen in the air.
(d) Previous attacks have failed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Mufti do to cause Arabs to attack the Jewish Quarter?
2. What part of Palestine did Fawzi Kabir sell most of to the Jews?
3. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
4. In Tabah, what does every house have even if the residents can not read?
5. As a child, how does Ishmael feel about the Jews?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)