|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ibrahim go to the Latrun rooftop?
(a) To find an escape route.
(b) To take a nap.
(c) To build a new tent.
(d) To look at Tabah.
2. After befriending a Jewish junkyard dealer, what language does Ishmael learn to read?
3. How do Ishmael's brothers feel about him attending school?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They don't care.
(c) They think it is funny.
(d) They are shocked.
4. What does Ibrahim say will happen to Ishmael when he catches him visiting the kibbutz?
(a) He will sell him.
(b) He will kill him.
(c) He will take him out of school.
(d) He will send him back to his mother.
5. What do Ishmael, Sabri, and Nada find in the cave they explore that is above their own?
(a) Skeltons and metal objects.
(b) Silver and gold.
(c) Animal bones and fabric.
(d) A little money and food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group does Mr. Salmi belong to?
2. How do Ibrahim and his family keep the Bedouin away while they are in Jericho?
3. What makes Ibrahim nervous about the hotel the driver of the Mercedes takes him on Christmas?
4. What is the name of Kaukji's rebel group?
5. Why does the British foreign secretary order a blockade of Palestine?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)