Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1, Chapters 1-5 Abstract
* Ibrahim takes over power from his father.
* Ishmael, Ibrahim's father, returns to his hometown as a child.
* Jewish people begin to settle in the area.
* After meeting with the Arabs, Gideon knows they will be attacked, so he instructs the Jews to build a fence.
* The Arabs attack that night, but the...
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)