|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following continues to be an integral part of Flannery's letters?
(d) All of these.
2. What has emerged from the letters Flannery has written so far?
(a) A premonition of her death.
(b) An understanding of her politics.
(c) A sense of her personality.
(d) An outline for another novel.
3. About which philosopher is Flannery seemingly very knowledgeable?
(a) Immanuel Kant.
(b) Simone de Beauvoir.
(d) Karl Marx.
4. Within provincial Georgia, Flannery is considered to be one of ____________________.
(a) "The contrarians."
(b) "Those single women."
(c) "The country's greatest writers."
(d) "The rebels."
5. What health improvement does Flannery have in February of 1964?
(a) She is gaining a little weight back.
(b) Her blood count improved.
(c) Her T cell count improved.
(d) Her cancer is in remission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Georgia weather does Flannery report on the last day of 1963?
2. In one letter, Flannery states that "The __________ world sprouts from our sins of omission."
3. Which of the following is true about Flannery O'Connor?
4. How does Flannery describe her speed as a writer?
5. What are the new animals in Flannery's life at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the title of this Part and why is it significant?
2. What does Flannery write about conversion to her friend, "A?"
3. How is Flannery's health as the year 1963 comes to a close?
4. Which are the main topics Flannery consistently addresses in her letters?
5. What pattern begins to emerge in the letters regarding the addressees?
6. How does Flannery use sarcasm to congratulate a friend on winning a major book award?
7. To which person does Flannery write both the first and last letters in this section?
8. What is unusual about Flannery's friend, Louise's, visit to a doctor for the flu?
9. What is known about the last letter Flannery ever wrote?
10. What is the nature of the book on which Flannery plans to focus this year?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)