|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flannery's response when people get the titles of her books wrong?
2. When Louise gets drunk she insists on ______________________.
(a) Singing to everyone she sees.
(b) Dancing nude.
(c) Making prank phone calls.
(d) Polishing the sink with silver polish.
3. In the first letter of this section, Flannery writes that she and Maryat are both _______________.
(c) Doing better.
4. To whom are the first and last letters of this section written?
(a) Elizabeth McKee.
(b) Maryat Lee.
(c) Robert Giroux.
(d) The Fitzgeralds.
5. Which author does Flannery encourage Alfred Corn to read?
(a) T.S. Eliot.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Teilhard de Chardin.
(d) Agatha Christie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emerges as one of Flannery O'Connor's traits?
2. Flannery writes that one of her women friends is going to ___________ in spite of not having won a Fulbright.
3. Whose work does Flannery respect a great deal?
4. Louise is ill and visits the doctor for the first time at the age of ____________.
5. The letters in this section cover the years of ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known about Flannery's romantic or personal life as revealed through her letters?
2. What is Flannery's perspective on helping other writers?
3. How does Flannery describe a teaching assignment to Cecil?
4. What is unusual about Flannery's friend, Louise's, visit to a doctor for the flu?
5. How does Flannery show that her characters become very real for her?
6. What does Flannery share with "A" about seeing her novel in print?
7. Which are the main topics Flannery consistently addresses in her letters?
8. Explain how Flannery's humble work mirrors her simple lifestyle.
9. What does Flannery write about conversion to her friend, "A?"
10. How does Flannery integrate formal and regional writing in her letters?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)