|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flannery share with some of her friends in her correspondence?
(c) Constructive criticism.
2. In what city does Flannery visit with Mr. and Mrs. Rumsey Haynes?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Columbus, Ohio.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) San Diego, California.
3. To which of the following does Flannery NOT send letters in this section?
(a) Maryat Lee.
(b) Robert Giroux.
(c) None of these.
4. Fitzgerald says that the letters provide _____________________.
(a) A cursory glance at O'Connor's code of ethics.
(b) A brief summary of O'Connor's life.
(c) An in-depth look at O'Connor's life.
(d) A curriculum vitae for O'Connor.
5. Flannery's critics say that she _________________________.
(a) Is a dime store novelist.
(b) Has a long way to go to be a great writer.
(c) Will never be one of the greats.
(d) Writes what she gets paid to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Georgia there are a lot of Americans with __________ surnames.
2. What is the purpose of the Editorial Note?
3. With what disease is Flannery diagnosed?
4. Flannery's letters in this section are ________________.
5. Which of the following describes Flannery's life in Milledgeville?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the same letter to Cecil Dawkins, how does Flannery distinguish between the beliefs of Southerners and Liberals?
2. Who are some of the people to whom Flannery writes during this section?
3. How can a photo of Flannery falling with a bottle of liquor in her hand be misconstrued?
4. How does the reader know that the person known as "A" is an important one in Flannery's life?
5. What is the name of Flannery's home and how does she describe it?
6. The writings will show Flannery's growth in what areas of her life?
7. How old was Flannery when her father died and where did the family live?
8. What is the nature of the illness from which Flannery suffers?
9. What is the range of criticism and praise for Flannery's work when she releases WISE BLOOD?
10. What important note about Flannery does the editor include at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)