|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fitzgerald says that the letters provide _____________________.
(a) A brief summary of O'Connor's life.
(b) An in-depth look at O'Connor's life.
(c) A cursory glance at O'Connor's code of ethics.
(d) A curriculum vitae for O'Connor.
2. What publishing company is Catharine Carver leaving?
(a) Simon & Schuster.
(b) Random House.
(c) Harcourt Brace.
(d) Red Lion.
3. How many letters are contained in this section?
4. When discussing religious cultural differences, Flannery notes the problem of evil and ___________.
5. How did Flannery break some ribs?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Playing polo.
(c) Fall from horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flannery not use paint brushes to paint?
2. What does Flannery need to do in order to pass her Driver's Test?
3. What years are covered in Part I: Up North and Getting Home?
4. Flannery's letters in this section are ________________.
5. Who is the mysterious person to whom Flannery writes several letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. The writings will show Flannery's growth in what areas of her life?
2. What does Flannery write about the Ku Klux Klan and racism in a letter in this section?
3. In what slang style does Flannery sometimes slip into in her letters?
4. How can a photo of Flannery falling with a bottle of liquor in her hand be misconstrued?
5. Who writes the introduction for the book and what does she find so intriguing about the letters?
6. What is the range of criticism and praise for Flannery's work when she releases WISE BLOOD?
7. Why does Flannery say that Catharine Carver's decision to leave Harcourt Brace impacts her life?
8. What do Flannery's letters always seem to be a blend of?
9. What is Flannery's lifestyle after she leaves Yaddo?
10. In addition to the Fitzgeralds, Flannery and William Sessions have another friend in common--how does this friend make Flannery feel?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)