|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Flannery visit with Mr. and Mrs. Rumsey Haynes?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Lansing, Michigan.
(c) Columbus, Ohio.
(d) San Diego, California.
2. To which of the following does Flannery NOT send letters in this section?
(a) Maryat Lee.
(b) Robert Giroux.
(c) None of these.
3. What color is Flannery's house?
4. What type of transportation does Flannery require in New York City?
5. From which college did Flannery graduate?
(a) Savannah College of Art and Design.
(b) Georgia Tech.
(c) Georgia State College for Women.
(d) University of Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to theology, Flannery also discusses __________ in the letters in this section.
2. How much did Flannery earn for her first piece for The Kenyon Review?
3. Who is Carol Johnson?
4. Flannery comments on a woman who reads the existentialists and claims to have lost her __________________.
5. Flannery's letters in this section are ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where was Flannery born and where did she live as a child?
2. What is the name of Flannery's home and how does she describe it?
3. What topics seem to run consistently through Flannery's letters?
4. What practical advice does Flannery give to Cecil about rejection slips and taking cough medicine?
5. What angst does Flannery experience regarding a new editor and the reimbursement of an advance?
6. What information about writing fundamentals does Flannery share in the first letters in this section?
7. How old was Flannery when her father died and where did the family live?
8. What is Flannery's lifestyle after she leaves Yaddo?
9. How does Flannery describe her driving test debacle to Maryat Lee?
10. Where did Flannery go after graduating college in 1945?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)