|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of Manichean?
(a) A Chinese dish.
(b) An ancient religious sect.
(c) An art period in Asia.
(d) The capital of China.
2. How old was Flannery when she moved to her mother's birthplace in Milledgeville, Georgia?
3. What distinction does the author say Flannery had?
(a) She was well liked in the community.
(b) She was blind.
(c) She was a gifted child.
(d) She played concert piano.
4. What did Flannery think about the writing process?
(a) It was invigorating.
(b) It was depressing.
(c) It was lonely.
(d) It was a bad habit.
5. In what city did Flannery attend college?
(a) Savannah, Georgia.
(b) Milledgeville, Georgia.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Athens, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first letter of this section Flannery writes about her characters and _______________.
2. What does Flannery need to do in order to pass her Driver's Test?
3. What is the name of the artists' retreat where Flannery spent time?
4. Who are the mutual friends that Flannery shares with William Sessions?
5. Where does Flannery live during this period?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topics seem to run consistently through Flannery's letters?
2. The writings will show Flannery's growth in what areas of her life?
3. What does Flannery mention about Celtic names in Georgia?
4. What event occurs to validate Flannery's Celtic roots?
5. How does the reader know that the person known as "A" is an important one in Flannery's life?
6. What does Flannery write about the Ku Klux Klan and racism in a letter in this section?
7. How old was Flannery when her father died and where did the family live?
8. What angst does Flannery experience regarding a new editor and the reimbursement of an advance?
9. What information about writing fundamentals does Flannery share in the first letters in this section?
10. What do Flannery's letters always seem to be a blend of?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)