|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flannery tell Sally Fitzgerald about the people who work on her mother's farm?
(a) They like to listen to her stories.
(b) They are migrant workers.
(c) They are a two-car family.
(d) They are illiterate.
2. About which philosopher is Flannery seemingly very knowledgeable?
(a) Immanuel Kant.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Simone de Beauvoir.
3. Flannery did not give her life over to marriage and ______________.
(d) Extended family.
4. Flannery makes an allusion to what sport when addressing Cecil's relationship with a university dean of women.
5. At this point in the book, it is clear ____________________.
(a) That Flannery is tired of writing.
(b) That Flannery is getting married.
(c) That Flannery is very ill.
(d) What type of information Flannery shares with which people.
6. What does Flannery tell "A" is "A's" only character flaw?
(a) Eating too much chocolate.
(c) Package wrapping.
(d) Being late.
7. What does Flannery note that she sees that seems gruesome at first?
(a) Body parts.
(b) Lots of blood.
(c) Chain saws.
8. What is the title of this section?
(a) The Last of the Best.
(b) The Best Years of our Lives.
(c) The Year That Was.
(d) The Last Year, 1964.
9. With whom did Flannery live for the last months of her life?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her fiance.
(d) Her father.
10. Which of the following is true about Flannery O'Connor?
(a) All of these.
(b) She was bright.
(c) She had a wicked sense of humor.
(d) She was very spiritual.
11. What Georgia weather does Flannery report on the last day of 1963?
(a) Ice storm.
(b) Snow storm.
(c) Torrential rains.
12. How much money does Flannery tell Cecil will have already been deducted from his pay from his publisher?
13. What did Flannery's mother do with the last letter Flannery wrote?
(a) Donated it to a library.
(b) Burned it.
(c) Put it in a safe.
(d) Mailed it after Flannery's death.
14. Which of the following continues to be an integral part of Flannery's letters?
(c) All of these.
15. Flannery's knowledge of theology is rather extensive within the scope of the ___________ religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has emerged from the letters Flannery has written so far?
2. Who writes an introduction to this chapter of letters?
3. What is the title of Flannery's first novel?
4. Which author does Flannery encourage Alfred Corn to read?
5. Which of the following is true about Flannery O'Connor?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)