|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what gift does Flannery thank the Fitzgeralds?
2. What health improvement does Flannery have in February of 1964?
(a) She is gaining a little weight back.
(b) Her T cell count improved.
(c) Her blood count improved.
(d) Her cancer is in remission.
3. How does Flannery describe her speed as a writer?
(b) Turtles pass her.
(d) Lightning bolt.
4. In which of the following styles does Flannery write her letters?
(a) Georgia dialect.
(b) All of these.
(c) Standardized English.
(d) Georgia accent.
5. When Louise gets drunk she insists on ______________________.
(a) Polishing the sink with silver polish.
(b) Singing to everyone she sees.
(c) Making prank phone calls.
(d) Dancing nude.
6. Flannery's mother wishes that the people who work on her farm could get _________________.
(a) New clothes.
(b) A refrigerator.
(d) A new house.
7. What does Flannery do when she feels better?
(a) Writes as much as she can.
(b) Rides her horse.
(c) Goes sailing.
(d) Walks to town.
8. When Flannery calls one of Cecil's friends a "pusson" what does she mean?
9. What emerges as one of Flannery O'Connor's traits?
(a) She smoked like a chimney.
(b) She was able to maintain long term relationships.
(c) She swore all the time.
(d) She apologized whether or not she was to blame.
10. At this point in the book, it is clear ____________________.
(a) That Flannery is getting married.
(b) That Flannery is very ill.
(c) What type of information Flannery shares with which people.
(d) That Flannery is tired of writing.
11. In the last letter she ever wrote, Flannery uses the salutation of "Dear Raybat" and the closing of _______________.
(a) "Cheers, Tarfunk".
(b) "See you on the other side".
(c) "Sincerely, Tazmanian".
(d) "Love you always, Tartuffe".
12. Which of the following is true about Flannery O'Connor?
(a) She never married.
(b) She lived on a Southern farm.
(c) She was famous.
(d) All of these.
13. In one letter, Flannery states that "The __________ world sprouts from our sins of omission."
14. What medication is Louise given when she finally goes to the doctor?
15. How much money does Flannery tell Cecil will have already been deducted from his pay from his publisher?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flannery's writing style regarding how the piece will extend?
2. Flannery was now old enough to be called ___________ even though she wasn't married.
3. Whose work does Flannery respect a great deal?
4. Flannery makes an allusion to what sport when addressing Cecil's relationship with a university dean of women.
5. To whom does Flannery begin a letter with the salutation, "Dear Rayverberator"?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)