|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages of Flannery's new novel can her mother read at one time?
(a) About two pages.
(b) About two chapters.
(c) Cover to cover.
(d) Half of it.
2. Flannery was now old enough to be called ___________ even though she wasn't married.
3. Flannery is told that _________________ is the character with whom most readers identify in A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND.
(a) The traveling salesman.
(b) The Grandmother.
(c) The nun.
(d) The chef.
4. What medical procedure does Flannery have coming up?
(a) Carpal Tunnel surgery.
(c) Blood transfusion.
(d) Gallbladder surgery.
5. What type of lifestyle did Flannery have?
6. The letters in this section cover the years of ___________________.
7. What did Flannery's mother do with the last letter Flannery wrote?
(a) Mailed it after Flannery's death.
(b) Put it in a safe.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Donated it to a library.
8. Within provincial Georgia, Flannery is considered to be one of ____________________.
(a) "Those single women."
(b) "The rebels."
(c) "The contrarians."
(d) "The country's greatest writers."
9. On the last day of ___________ Flannery writes to Janet McKane to tell her that she is ill.
10. During her adult life, Flannery found respite in fresh air and _________________.
(c) Farm animals.
11. Who is the new person to whom Flannery writes in 1962?
(a) Charlotte Grey.
(b) Charlotte Greves.
(c) Charlotte Garrison.
(d) Charlotte Gafford.
12. At this point in the book, it is clear ____________________.
(a) What type of information Flannery shares with which people.
(b) That Flannery is very ill.
(c) That Flannery is tired of writing.
(d) That Flannery is getting married.
13. What is Flannery's mother doing while Flannery writes a letter to Cecil Dawkins.
(a) Hanging out laundry.
(b) Fixing water pipes.
(c) Feeding chickens.
(d) Washing the car.
14. What does Flannery treat herself to when she completed a first draft of a novel?
(a) A new typewriter.
(b) A steak dinner.
(c) Some new records.
(d) A new dress.
15. What does Flannery show no indication of pursuing or hoping for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Flannery wrote her last letter __________________ prior to her death.
2. Which of the following is true about Flannery O'Connor?
3. Flannery urges Maryat Lee to improve her writing by ___________________.
4. What is the title of this section?
5. How much money does Flannery tell Cecil will have already been deducted from his pay from his publisher?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)