|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year are the letters of Chapter 5 written?
2. With what disease is Flannery diagnosed?
3. What type of parades does Flannery mention in this section?
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) Rose Bowl.
4. To whom is appreciation expressed in the Editorial Note?
(a) People who made the book possible.
(b) O'Connor's mother.
(c) Flannery O'Connor.
(d) The people of Milledgeville.
5. Fitzgerald says that the letters provide _____________________.
(a) A brief summary of O'Connor's life.
(b) A curriculum vitae for O'Connor.
(c) An in-depth look at O'Connor's life.
(d) A cursory glance at O'Connor's code of ethics.
6. What distinction does the author say Flannery had?
(a) She was well liked in the community.
(b) She was blind.
(c) She played concert piano.
(d) She was a gifted child.
7. In what city did Flannery attend college?
(a) Milledgeville, Georgia.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Athens, Georgia.
(d) Savannah, Georgia.
8. Flannery took white rum for pain when she broke her ___________.
9. What type of transportation does Flannery require in New York City?
10. In what city does Flannery say it is difficult to raise children?
11. On what day was Flannery O'Connor born?
(a) September 15.
(b) March 25.
(c) June 25.
(d) May 5.
12. Who writes the introduction of the book?
(a) Flannery O'Connor.
(b) Sally Fitzgerald.
(c) Truman Capote.
(d) Reynolds Price.
13. What skill does Flannery seem to do well?
14. What liquor does Flannery keep at home as a pain killer?
(d) White rum.
15. What does Flannery tell Cecil Dawson to do with rejection slips?
(a) Make paper airplanes out of them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Make grocery lists on them.
(d) Line a bird cage with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Flannery's house?
2. What medicine does Flannery suggest Cecil Dawson take?
3. What is the purpose of the Editorial Note?
4. When discussing religious cultural differences, Flannery notes the problem of evil and ___________.
5. Who is Carol Johnson?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)