|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Flannery seem to do well?
2. According to Flannery, Southerners think that the only way back to God is through _____________.
(d) Jesus Christ.
3. What is the purpose of the Editorial Note?
(a) To cite references.
(b) To ask for donations.
(c) To provide guidelines.
(d) To express appreciation.
4. Flannery comments on a woman who reads the existentialists and claims to have lost her __________________.
(d) Sense of humor.
5. What is the meaning of Manichean?
(a) An art period in Asia.
(b) A Chinese dish.
(c) An ancient religious sect.
(d) The capital of China.
6. Flannery tells the Fitzgeralds that she is not good at ______________.
7. What medicine does Flannery suggest Cecil Dawson take?
(a) Cough medicine.
8. With whom does Flannery live in Milledgeville?
(a) Her fiance.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
9. To whom is appreciation expressed in the Editorial Note?
(a) Flannery O'Connor.
(b) O'Connor's mother.
(c) The people of Milledgeville.
(d) People who made the book possible.
10. Flannery writes that the Ku Klux Klan lit a cross on the lawn of ________________.
(a) The Baptist Church.
(b) The high school.
(c) The NAACP headquarters.
(d) The Court House.
11. From which college did Flannery graduate?
(a) Savannah College of Art and Design.
(b) Georgia Tech.
(c) Georgia State College for Women.
(d) University of Georgia.
12. How old was Flannery when she moved to her mother's birthplace in Milledgeville, Georgia?
13. Why does Flannery need a limo in New York?
(a) She has a red carpet affair.
(b) She wants to ride in style for once in her life.
(c) She is on crutches.
(d) She entertains a celebrity.
14. What kind of animal does Flannery want to be run over?
15. Why does this person write an introduction for the book?
(a) She was O'Connor's publisher.
(b) She was a college roommate of O'Connor's.
(c) She knows O'Connor personally.
(d) She was O'Connor's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor does Flannery keep at home as a pain killer?
2. What type of transportation does Flannery require in New York City?
3. In what city did Flannery attend college?
4. Which is one of the first publications to pay Flannery for her writing?
5. Who is Carol Johnson?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)