|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Part IV Conclusion and.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is appreciation expressed in the Editorial Note?
(a) The people of Milledgeville.
(b) O'Connor's mother.
(c) Flannery O'Connor.
(d) People who made the book possible.
2. To whom does Flannery begin a letter with the salutation, "Dear Rayverberator"?
(a) Sally Fitzgerald.
(b) Maryat Lee.
(d) Cecil Dawkins.
3. Caroline Gordon informs Flannery that the goddess Venus has a chariot pulled by ____________.
4. What does Flannery treat herself to when she completed a first draft of a novel?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A new typewriter.
(c) A steak dinner.
(d) Some new records.
5. At one point Flannery writes that she is being called ___________________.
(a) A prodigy.
(b) An amateur.
(c) A hack.
(d) A commercial writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the overall tone of Flannery's letters in this section?
2. Who is the publisher with whom Flannery works the most?
3. Which of the following continues to be an integral part of Flannery's letters?
4. What does Flannery note that she sees that seems gruesome at first?
5. What type of transportation does Flannery require in New York City?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)