|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Part III - Conclusion with.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Flannery think about the writing process?
(a) It was lonely.
(b) It was a bad habit.
(c) It was invigorating.
(d) It was depressing.
2. For what gift does Flannery thank the Fitzgeralds?
3. Flannery urges Maryat Lee to improve her writing by ___________________.
(a) Taking some courses.
(b) Taking a break for awhile.
(c) "Coming" to the South.
(d) Writing every day.
4. Flannery employs _____________ dialect and slang in her letter about The Kenyon Review.
(c) South Carolina.
5. Why is Flannery typical of the people in her hometown?
(a) She is a Catholic.
(b) She is a Georgia native.
(c) She has small town values.
(d) She has a Celtic surname.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flannery makes an allusion to what sport when addressing Cecil's relationship with a university dean of women.
2. Flannery has fears that her books _______________________.
3. Flannery writes of being viewed as a ____________.
4. Who does Flannery hope will become her editor at Harcourt Brace?
5. Which god does Flannery write about in this section?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)