|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Part III Continued pages 401 - 450.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flannery tell Sally Fitzgerald about the people who work on her mother's farm?
(a) They like to listen to her stories.
(b) They are migrant workers.
(c) They are illiterate.
(d) They are a two-car family.
2. Who is the publisher with whom Flannery works the most?
(a) Catharine Carver.
(b) Phineas Simon.
(c) Annette Hall.
(d) James Harcourt.
3. Flannery employs _____________ dialect and slang in her letter about The Kenyon Review.
(b) South Carolina.
4. What can be said about these introductory sections of the book?
(a) They are rambling.
(b) They are worthless.
(c) They are brief.
(d) They are boring.
5. Which of the following is a topic in a letter written to Louise Abbot?
(a) All of these.
(d) Free will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Flannery's first novel?
2. Which is one of the first publications to pay Flannery for her writing?
3. What did Flannery think about the writing process?
4. What fowl dish does Flannery's mother cook in this section?
5. Flannery is excellently educated in regard to which of the following?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)