|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part II Continued pgs 201 -250.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the artists' retreat where Flannery spent time?
(a) Yellow Sky.
2. Why does Flannery not use paint brushes to paint?
(a) She thinks they are too small.
(b) She dislikes washing them.
(c) She can't get Parisian brushes in Georgia.
(d) She can't get the sizes she needs.
3. With what disease is Flannery diagnosed?
4. What is the title of Flannery's first story published in a magazine?
(a) Peacock Blues.
(b) Hook, Line and Sinker.
(c) Mr. Lincoln.
(d) The Geranium.
5. What fowl dish does Flannery's mother cook in this section?
(b) Guinea hen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be said about these introductory sections of the book?
2. Which of the following is NOT a person mentioned as a recipient of Flannery's correspondence in this section?
3. What is Flannery's religious affiliation?
4. From which college did Flannery graduate?
5. Which is one of the first publications to pay Flannery for her writing?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)