|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Part II Continued pgs 151 -200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point Flannery writes that she is being called ___________________.
(a) An amateur.
(b) A prodigy.
(c) A commercial writer.
(d) A hack.
2. Which is one of the first publications to pay Flannery for her writing?
(a) The Kenyon Review.
(b) Ladies Home Journal.
(c) The Atlanta Constitution.
(d) Elle Magazine.
3. Who is the mysterious person to whom Flannery writes several letters?
(a) Johnny Mercer.
(b) Truman Capote.
(d) Mamie Eisenhower.
4. What can be said about these introductory sections of the book?
(a) They are boring.
(b) They are brief.
(c) They are rambling.
(d) They are worthless.
5. Flannery's critics say that she _________________________.
(a) Writes what she gets paid to write.
(b) Will never be one of the greats.
(c) Is a dime store novelist.
(d) Has a long way to go to be a great writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flannery use for painting?
2. What is the title of Flannery's first story published in a magazine?
3. In what city does Flannery visit with Mr. and Mrs. Rumsey Haynes?
4. What is the name of Flannery's first novel?
5. How does Flannery think young writers should be treated?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)