|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Habit of Being : Chapter 2, Part II - Day In and Day Out 1953 - 1958 pgs 50 - 100.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point Flannery writes that she is being called ___________________.
(a) A prodigy.
(b) A hack.
(c) A commercial writer.
(d) An amateur.
2. Flannery employs _____________ dialect and slang in her letter about The Kenyon Review.
(b) South Carolina.
3. How old was Flannery when her father died?
4. With whom had Flannery lived at the beginning of her career?
(a) The Hemingways.
(b) The Fitzgeralds.
(c) The Capotes.
(d) The Williams'.
5. From which college did Flannery graduate?
(a) Savannah College of Art and Design.
(b) Georgia Tech.
(c) Georgia State College for Women.
(d) University of Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is one of the first publications to pay Flannery for her writing?
2. How old was Flannery when she moved to her mother's birthplace in Milledgeville, Georgia?
3. What is the title of Flannery's first story published in a magazine?
4. What is the purpose of the Editorial Note?
5. With what disease is Flannery diagnosed?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)