|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Part II Continued pgs 151 -200.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flannery think young writers should be treated?
(a) Don't show any partiality to them.
(b) Don't be too harsh on them.
(c) Encourage them to write every day.
(d) Thrown them into the deep end.
2. Who writes the introduction of the book?
(a) Flannery O'Connor.
(b) Sally Fitzgerald.
(c) Truman Capote.
(d) Reynolds Price.
3. In what year was Flannery O'Connor born?
4. What can be said about these introductory sections of the book?
(a) They are rambling.
(b) They are boring.
(c) They are brief.
(d) They are worthless.
5. What type of parades does Flannery mention in this section?
(a) Rose Bowl.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Flannery when she moved to her mother's birthplace in Milledgeville, Georgia?
2. How much is the advance Flannery may need to repay if she leaves Harcourt Brace?
3. How old was Flannery when her father died?
4. Which is one of the first publications to pay Flannery for her writing?
5. Why is Flannery typical of the people in her hometown?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)