|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Part III - pgs 301 - 350.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flannery's mother doing while Flannery writes a letter to Cecil Dawkins.
(a) Washing the car.
(b) Fixing water pipes.
(c) Hanging out laundry.
(d) Feeding chickens.
2. What is the meaning of Manichean?
(a) An art period in Asia.
(b) An ancient religious sect.
(c) The capital of China.
(d) A Chinese dish.
3. Flannery compares her work to which psychiatrist?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Ernest Jones.
(c) Carl Jung.
(d) Stanley Hall.
4. The letters in this section cover the years of ___________________.
5. With what disease is Flannery diagnosed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Flannery is advised not to have her work published in ____________ in the 1950s.
2. From what part of the country does Flannery come?
3. Flannery employs _____________ dialect and slang in her letter about The Kenyon Review.
4. For what gift does Flannery thank the Fitzgeralds?
5. What does Flannery tell Cecil Dawson to do with rejection slips?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)