|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Part III - pgs 301 - 350.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Flannery think about the writing process?
(a) It was lonely.
(b) It was depressing.
(c) It was a bad habit.
(d) It was invigorating.
2. What is distinctive about Flannery's illness?
(a) It is cancerous.
(b) It comes and goes.
(c) It is curable.
(d) It is contagious.
3. Flannery is told that _________________ is the character with whom most readers identify in A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND.
(a) The traveling salesman.
(b) The nun.
(c) The chef.
(d) The Grandmother.
4. What does Flannery share with some of her friends in her correspondence?
(b) Constructive criticism.
5. What is Flannery's writing style regarding how the piece will extend?
(a) She prepares a detailed outline.
(b) She just starts writing.
(c) She graphs the plot via a timeline.
(d) She does exhaustive character research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of this section?
2. Flannery is advised not to have her work published in ____________ in the 1950s.
3. Who is the priest of Irish descent with whom Flannery communicates?
4. What skill does Flannery seem to do well?
5. In Georgia there are a lot of Americans with __________ surnames.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)