|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Part III Continued pages 451 - 500.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing religious cultural differences, Flannery notes the problem of evil and ___________.
2. What does Flannery tell Cecil Dawson to do with rejection slips?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Line a bird cage with them.
(c) Make paper airplanes out of them.
(d) Make grocery lists on them.
3. Flannery urges Maryat Lee to improve her writing by ___________________.
(a) Taking some courses.
(b) "Coming" to the South.
(c) Writing every day.
(d) Taking a break for awhile.
4. What medication is Louise given when she finally goes to the doctor?
5. Who wins the National Book Award in this section?
(a) Walker Percy.
(b) Truman Capote.
(c) Flannery O'Connor.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Louise is ill and visits the doctor for the first time at the age of ____________.
2. To whom does Flannery give some criticism on a short story in one of the letters in this section?
3. What is Flannery's response when people get the titles of her books wrong?
4. How does Flannery think young writers should be treated?
5. What type of parades does Flannery mention in this section?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)