|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Part III Continued pages 451 - 500.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author does Flannery encourage Alfred Corn to read?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Teilhard de Chardin.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) Agatha Christie.
2. How does Flannery think young writers should be treated?
(a) Encourage them to write every day.
(b) Thrown them into the deep end.
(c) Don't be too harsh on them.
(d) Don't show any partiality to them.
3. What liquor does Flannery keep at home as a pain killer?
(d) White rum.
4. What type of parades does Flannery mention in this section?
(c) Rose Bowl.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
5. What fowl dish does Flannery's mother cook in this section?
(d) Guinea hen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Flannery break some ribs?
2. Flannery compares her work to which psychiatrist?
3. In one letter, Flannery states that "The __________ world sprouts from our sins of omission."
4. When discussing religious cultural differences, Flannery notes the problem of evil and ___________.
5. In the first letter of this section Flannery writes about her characters and _______________.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)