|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main weapon of the operation Thomas is involved in?
2. What two things does Thomas note about Sarah's appearance?
3. Who does Thomas realize is hiding near the place where he and his group are planning the assassination?
4. What is the role of the person Thomas meets in the cafe?
5. What do Thomas and Ronnie tell Phillip that Lang's profession is in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lang runs into Sarah in Chapter 22?
2. What does Lang do after retrieving information from Phillip?
3. Briefly describe Thomas' relationship with Solomon. Why will this relationship impact the story line?
4. What is the condition and situation of the man Thomas finds at the farmhouse after he meets up with Solomon?
5. What are the things Thomas does in order to get ready to kill Dirk Von Der Hoewe?
6. Briefly describe Thomas' arrest and imprisonment.
7. What happens in Chapter 11 when Lang decides to go wait for O'Neil to walk out of his business?
8. Describe what happens when Lang goes in to see Dirk.
9. What do Ronnie and Lang find in Sarah's diary?
10. Describe what happens when Lang goes to see Phillip in Chapter 21.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Does this conspiracy seem to be extremely far fetched and unbelievable? Explain why or why not?
Part 2) How are the government officials portrayed in this story?
Part 3) Does it seem likely that the American CIA all knew about Barnes' behavior? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe the way that drugs and arms dealers are viewed in the story.
Part 2) Is there any indication that one of these was viewed more negatively than the other? Why or why not?
Part 3) Could Murdah have done anything other than killing Michael Lucas and created the same immediate effect on both Lang and the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Compare Ronnie and Sarah Woolf.
Part 2) At what point in the story did it become clear that Lang would not stay with Sarah? Why did you pick this point?
Part 3) Was it shocking that Ronnie was at the airport waiting for Lang? Explain.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)