|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe how Lang runs into Sarah Woolf while in London in Chapter 21?
2. What does Murdah do to convince Lang that he is serious in Chapter 13?
3. What does Barnes reply when Lang says that they both were raised in a democratic country?
4. What does Dirk do when Lang offers to shake his hand in Chapter 19?
5. What does Barnes tell Lang after Lang explains what he believes is going on in regards to the Graduate Studies and the fact that Barnes is corrupt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ronnie and Lang find in Sarah's diary?
2. Explain why Sarah was so wiling to help Barnes.
3. What three different scenarios do Lang and Solomon come up with after Lang has seen the photographs?
4. What are the things Thomas does in order to get ready to kill Dirk Von Der Hoewe?
5. Describe what happens when Lang sits down next to O'Neil in chapter eleven.
6. What is the condition and situation of the man Thomas finds at the farmhouse after he meets up with Solomon?
7. Describe the conversation that happens between Murdah and Lang in Chapter 13.
8. At the end of Chapter 11 what does Lang say he should have done when he saw Barnes walk in?
9. What happens when Lang runs into Sarah in Chapter 22?
10. What does Barnes tell Lang about democracy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Why does Barnes and O'Neil meet secretly in the strip club?
Part 2) What role does O'Neil play in the story?
Part 3) Why does Lang go to warn O'Neil when Lang learns about the money flow from Phillip?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Does this conspiracy seem to be extremely far fetched and unbelievable? Explain why or why not?
Part 2) How are the government officials portrayed in this story?
Part 3) Does it seem likely that the American CIA all knew about Barnes' behavior? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe Solomon's character.
Part 2) What role does Solomon play in the story?
Part 3) Does Solomon seems to genuinely care for Lang? Explain your answer and what actions seem to convey this.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)