|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which scenario do Lang and Solomon NOT come up with after seeing the pictures of Sarah and Barnes together?
2. What does Sarah talk about during her meeting with Thomas?
3. Who is O'Neil meeting at the strip club?
4. Who does Thomas find when he arrives at this destination?
5. Who does Lang first go to see when he arrives back in London in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solomon show Lang in Chapter 19?
2. What happens when Lang runs into Sarah in Chapter 22?
3. What are the things Thomas does in order to get ready to kill Dirk Von Der Hoewe?
4. What happens when Phillip and Lang meet in Chapter 14?
5. What do Ronnie and Lang find in Sarah's diary?
6. What does Lang do after retrieving information from Phillip?
7. What is the condition and situation of the man Thomas finds at the farmhouse after he meets up with Solomon?
8. What does Barnes tell Lang about democracy?
9. What three different scenarios do Lang and Solomon come up with after Lang has seen the photographs?
10. Describe the meeting and conversation between Sarah and Thomas after Thomas' arrival in Prague.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Alexander Woolf.
Part 2) What does he symbolize in the story?
Part 3) Is there any indication that Barnes ever meant to do anything besides kill Alexander Woolf?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Does this conspiracy seem to be extremely far fetched and unbelievable? Explain why or why not?
Part 2) How are the government officials portrayed in this story?
Part 3) Does it seem likely that the American CIA all knew about Barnes' behavior? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe the way that drugs and arms dealers are viewed in the story.
Part 2) Is there any indication that one of these was viewed more negatively than the other? Why or why not?
Part 3) Could Murdah have done anything other than killing Michael Lucas and created the same immediate effect on both Lang and the reader?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)