|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thomas realize is hiding near the place where he and his group are planning the assassination?
2. What does Murdah do to convince Lang that he is serious in Chapter 13?
3. Where does Barnes say the money goes when a terrorist pays half a billion dollars on weapons?
4. Thomas introduces himself to his driver. What does Thomas say his name is?
5. Who is Dirk Van Der Hoewe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Sarah was so wiling to help Barnes.
2. Briefly describe Thomas' arrest and imprisonment.
3. Describe what happens when Lang goes in to see Dirk.
4. At the end of Chapter 11 what does Lang say he should have done when he saw Barnes walk in?
5. What does Solomon show Lang in Chapter 19?
6. What is the condition and situation of the man Thomas finds at the farmhouse after he meets up with Solomon?
7. What happens when Phillip and Lang meet in Chapter 14?
8. What do Ronnie and Lang find in Sarah's diary?
9. What does Francisco explain about the money?
10. Describe what happens when Lang sits down next to O'Neil in chapter eleven.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Alexander Woolf.
Part 2) What does he symbolize in the story?
Part 3) Is there any indication that Barnes ever meant to do anything besides kill Alexander Woolf?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Compare Barnes and Murdah.
Part 2) Why did these two men seem to work so well together?
Part 3) How did it change the perception of Murdah to see him panicked on the roof ?
Part 4) Was it shocking that Barnes was the one flying the helicopter.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Why did the name of the main character remain unknown until the second chapter?
Part 2) Why did the identify of Woolf and McCluskey remain unknown until later in the book?
Part 3) When Lang is talking about himself while with the Sword of Truth why does he say 'Ricki said' rather than I?
Part 4) What is the significance of Lang believing that Barnes said Murder rather than Murdah the first time Murdah is mentioned?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)