|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sarah say told her that there was a gun found in Lang's apartment that was going to be used to kill her father?
2. What does O'Neil say that his men found in a search of Lang's apartment?
3. What does Solomon answer when Lang asks if Solomon is drinking with him as a social activity?
4. What does Lang decide after Richie curses at him?
5. What was Lang dreaming he was doing when the sunlight woke him up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dinner that Lang has with Paulie.
2. Describe what Solomon tells Lang in chapter four when Lang asks why the Ministry of Defence is involved in Woolf is all there is a drug charge?
3. Describe the scene when Lang and Solomon first arrive at O'Neil's office.
4. What does Lang speculate might be the reason that Woolf tried to hire Lang to kill him?
5. What happens when Solomon arrives at Lang's apartment?
6. What do Solomon and Lang discuss when Solomon arrives in Lang's hospital room?
7. Describe the phone conversation in Chapter 5 when Woolf calls Lang.
8. Describe the conversation that Lang and the man he dubs Groomed have.
9. What does Lang explain about the conspiracy to commit murder charge when he first learns about it?
10. What story does Lang give Barnes when Barnes says he knows that Solomon is on a plane at that moment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Speculate on the reasons that Michael Lucas was killed.
Part 2) Why was it significant that it was Michael's name used on the bank account?
Part 3) How would it have been different if it had been Woolf's name on the account? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) How shocking was it to learn that Woolf put the contract out on himself?
Part 2) Does Woolf seem to be forgotten after his death? Explain why or why not?
Part 3) Should Sarah be blamed or punished for her role in her father's death?
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the following to write an essay about.
Part 1) What is the difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist.
Part 2) Which group would you choose to work for if you had to pick? Murdah's men, Ministry of Defence, or the Sword of Truth? Explain why.
Part 3) How would the story have been different if Lang had went ahead and killed O'Neil and Barnes in the strip club?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)