|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paulie say he gave Lang's name to?
2. When Solomon and O'Neil call Lang, while Lang is eating with Paulie, what do they ask Lang?
3. What does the main character sit down with after he gets home?
4. What does the man say that he is when Lang asks if he is a doctor?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 4 what does Solomon say about people not being assassins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Lang give Barnes when Barnes says he knows that Solomon is on a plane at that moment?
2. What happens when Lang enters the art gallery following McCluskey?
3. What does Lang find while trying to get out of the building?
4. What happens when Lang returns to his apartment in Chapter 2?
5. Describe the conversation that Sarah Woolf and Lang have in Chapter 1 when they first meet.
6. What happens when Solomon arrives at Lang's apartment?
7. What happens in chapter five when Lang begins to follow McCluskey?
8. What happens when the men arrive at the art gallery with Lang?
9. What does Lang find when he returns to his apartment from his initial interview with O'Neil and Solomon?
10. What does Lang find when he goes to the bank in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Why does Barnes and O'Neil meet secretly in the strip club?
Part 2) What role does O'Neil play in the story?
Part 3) Why does Lang go to warn O'Neil when Lang learns about the money flow from Phillip?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Why did the name of the main character remain unknown until the second chapter?
Part 2) Why did the identify of Woolf and McCluskey remain unknown until later in the book?
Part 3) When Lang is talking about himself while with the Sword of Truth why does he say 'Ricki said' rather than I?
Part 4) What is the significance of Lang believing that Barnes said Murder rather than Murdah the first time Murdah is mentioned?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe Alexander Woolf.
Part 2) What does he symbolize in the story?
Part 3) Is there any indication that Barnes ever meant to do anything besides kill Alexander Woolf?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)