|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lang say is the most important thing he knows for a fact at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What does Leather face say when Lang says he refuses to say anything else until he sees a doctor?
3. What does the doctor tell Lang about his injury?
4. What does O'Neil say that his men found in a search of Lang's apartment?
5. Who does Sarah say told her that there was a gun found in Lang's apartment that was going to be used to kill her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lang find when he returns to his apartment from his initial interview with O'Neil and Solomon?
2. What does Lang speculate might be the reason that Woolf tried to hire Lang to kill him?
3. What does Lang find while trying to get out of the building?
4. Describe the conversation that goes on between Lang and Spencer in Chapter 4?
5. How does Lang get out of the bed he is tied to in Chapter 8?
6. Describe the scene when Lang and Solomon first arrive at O'Neil's office.
7. What happens when Lang returns to his apartment in Chapter 2?
8. What happens when the men arrive at the art gallery with Lang?
9. Describe the phone conversation in Chapter 5 when Woolf calls Lang.
10. What happens in chapter five when Lang begins to follow McCluskey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Why does Barnes and O'Neil meet secretly in the strip club?
Part 2) What role does O'Neil play in the story?
Part 3) Why does Lang go to warn O'Neil when Lang learns about the money flow from Phillip?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Does this conspiracy seem to be extremely far fetched and unbelievable? Explain why or why not?
Part 2) How are the government officials portrayed in this story?
Part 3) Does it seem likely that the American CIA all knew about Barnes' behavior? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Speculate on the reasons that Michael Lucas was killed.
Part 2) Why was it significant that it was Michael's name used on the bank account?
Part 3) How would it have been different if it had been Woolf's name on the account? Explain.
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)