|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solomon say when Lang says that Solomon wouldn't kill anyone for money?
2. What noise does Lang hear while trying to get out of the building?
3. Why does Lang explain is the reason that he declined the offer to kill Woolf?
4. What does Sarah say is the reason that her father would never be involved in drugs?
5. Where does Solomon take Lang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lang do before he leaves the building in Chapter 8?
2. What happens when Solomon arrives at Lang's apartment?
3. Describe the dinner that Lang has with Paulie.
4. What does Lang find while trying to get out of the building?
5. What happens when the men arrive at the art gallery with Lang?
6. Describe the scene when Lang and Solomon first arrive at O'Neil's office.
7. Describe the conversation that goes on between Lang and Spencer in Chapter 4?
8. What do Solomon and Lang discuss when Solomon arrives in Lang's hospital room?
9. What does Lang recall about the man that approached him for the job of killing Woolf?
10. What happens when Lang enters the art gallery following McCluskey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe Solomon's character.
Part 2) What role does Solomon play in the story?
Part 3) Does Solomon seems to genuinely care for Lang? Explain your answer and what actions seem to convey this.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe the way that drugs and arms dealers are viewed in the story.
Part 2) Is there any indication that one of these was viewed more negatively than the other? Why or why not?
Part 3) Could Murdah have done anything other than killing Michael Lucas and created the same immediate effect on both Lang and the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Describe Paulie. Compare Paulie to Lang.
Part 2) What does it say about Paulie and Lang that they feel the need to hang out with each other in order to feel better about themselves.
Part 3) Which character in the story do you feel is the most like Paulie?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)