|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Woolf ask Lang when Lang finds him in the room?
2. What does the doctor tell Lang about his injury?
3. How many men does Lang say you need to effectively escape a hostile building?
4. What does Lang step on as he comes up to check on Woolf?
5. Who does Solomon say saved Lang's life when he was shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lang get in to see Russell Barnes?
2. How does Lang get out of the bed he is tied to in Chapter 8?
3. What does Lang recall about the man that approached him for the job of killing Woolf?
4. What do Solomon and Lang discuss when Lang tells Solomon that they know each other and Solomon should know that Lang would never kill someone for money?
5. What happens when Solomon arrives at Lang's apartment?
6. What happens in chapter five when Lang begins to follow McCluskey?
7. Describe the dinner that Lang has with Paulie.
8. What happens when Lang enters the art gallery following McCluskey?
9. What do Solomon and Lang discuss when Solomon arrives in Lang's hospital room?
10. What does Lang explain about the conspiracy to commit murder charge when he first learns about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Who was the main antagonist in the story? Explain your answer.
Part 2) Would the members of the Sword of Truth been considered antagonist or protagonist? Explain your answer.
Part 3) Is it possible that a character can be both a protagonist and an antagonist? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe the way that drugs and arms dealers are viewed in the story.
Part 2) Is there any indication that one of these was viewed more negatively than the other? Why or why not?
Part 3) Could Murdah have done anything other than killing Michael Lucas and created the same immediate effect on both Lang and the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Why does Barnes and O'Neil meet secretly in the strip club?
Part 2) What role does O'Neil play in the story?
Part 3) Why does Lang go to warn O'Neil when Lang learns about the money flow from Phillip?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)