|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cabbie ask when Lang hops in and says 'follow that cab'(page 61)?
(a) He asks if Lang is a cop.
(b) He asks if there is extra money in it for him.
(c) He asks if Lang is drunk.
(d) He asks if the man is sleeping with Lang's wife or if Lang is sleeping with his.
2. What name does Lang give the receptionist at the American Embassy when he goes to see Russell Barnes?
(c) A Friend.
3. What is it that keeps coming into Lang's mind while he is trying to sleep that keeps him awake in Chapter 4?
(a) The money in his account.
(b) Sarah Woolf.
(c) The thought of being set up for murder.
(d) The fact that Solomon thought he might be capable of murder.
4. What is the name on the money slip that indicates who put the money into Lang's bank account?
(a) J. Jackson.
(b) Graduate Studies.
(d) T. Offee.
5. What does O'Neil explain that Woolf is being investigated for?
(b) Trafficking drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lang find in his apartment in Chapter 3 when he returns from his lunch with Paulie?
2. What does Lang do when Richie puts his face close to Lang's face?
3. How does the main character explain he knew that someone was going to kill Sarah's father?
4. What does the main character drive home?
5. What does Sarah Woolf do when she learns what her father is accused of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the men arrive at the art gallery with Lang?
2. What does Lang explain about the conspiracy to commit murder charge when he first learns about it?
3. What does Lang find while trying to get out of the building?
4. Describe what Lang goes through when he first wakes up in the room after his motorcycle accident.
5. What story does Lang give Barnes when Barnes says he knows that Solomon is on a plane at that moment?
6. What do Solomon and Lang discuss when Solomon arrives in Lang's hospital room?
7. Describe the dinner that Lang has with Paulie.
8. What does Lang speculate might be the reason that Woolf tried to hire Lang to kill him?
9. What does O'Neil tell Sarah Woolf when he comes to talk to her and Lang in Chapter 3?
10. How does Lang get out of the bed he is tied to in Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)