|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lang realize when he wakes up after the bike crash?
(a) His hands are tied to the bed.
(b) He is missing some teeth.
(c) He is wearing a blind fold and a gag.
(d) His hands are handcuffed behind his back.
2. What does Lang learn that Rayner had been kicked out of the Royal Welch Rusiliers for doing?
(a) Impersonating a higher ranking officer.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(d) Allegations of ties to terrorist organizations.
3. What does the man say that he is when Lang asks if he is a doctor?
(a) A go-to-man.
(b) A son-of-a-bitch.
(c) More like an embalmer.
(d) An enforcer.
4. What name does Lang give the receptionist at the American Embassy when he goes to see Russell Barnes?
(d) A Friend.
5. What does Lang tell Woolf when he calls in Chapter 6?
(a) That his time with the Woolf family will give him stories to tell his grandchildren.
(b) That he can't talk and to call back later.
(c) That he wants nothing more to do with the Woolf family.
(d) That he is keeping Mr. Woolf's money as a pain and suffering expense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lang think about while recovering at the King's Cross Bed and Breakfast?
2. Who arrives with Woolf when he arrives for his dinner with Lang?
3. Why does Lang say that Woolf might have picked Lang to ask to commit the murder?
4. What does Lang learn that Rayner was doing at Woolf's house?
5. What does Solomon answer when Lang asks if Solomon is drinking with him as a social activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lang recall about the man that approached him for the job of killing Woolf?
2. What happens when Lang enters the art gallery following McCluskey?
3. What happens when the men arrive at the art gallery with Lang?
4. What happens when Solomon arrives at Lang's apartment?
5. What do Solomon and Lang discuss when Solomon arrives in Lang's hospital room?
6. What do Solomon and Lang discuss when Lang tells Solomon that they know each other and Solomon should know that Lang would never kill someone for money?
7. What does O'Neil tell Sarah Woolf when he comes to talk to her and Lang in Chapter 3?
8. Describe the dinner that Lang has with Paulie.
9. What does Lang speculate might be the reason that Woolf tried to hire Lang to kill him?
10. What does Lang find when he returns to his apartment from his initial interview with O'Neil and Solomon?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)