|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lang wonder about after he leaves O'Neil's office?
(a) What he is going to do with all the money that was put into his account.
(b) Why Sarah didn't know about her father's bodyguard.
(c) Why Sarah would be in on this.
(d) How they could think he was guilty.
2. What does the main character drive home?
(a) An off road vehicle.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A cop car.
(d) A motorcycle.
3. What does Solomon answer when Lang asks if Solomon is drinking with him as a social activity?
(a) Solomon wants to make sure Lang isn't attacked.
(b) Solomon wants to make sure Lang doesn't go after Woolf.
(c) Solomon has been told to get Lang drunk and question him.
(d) Solomon has orders to stay close to Lang.
4. What does the American voice on the phone say when Lang first picks it up?
(a) Woolf Industries.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Graduate Studies.
(d) The Eagle has landed.
5. Who gave the Ministry of Defence the information about Lang being asked to murder Woolf?
(b) An undercover police operation.
(c) An anonymous source.
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that keeps coming into Lang's mind while he is trying to sleep that keeps him awake in Chapter 4?
2. What does Lang explain is the reason that he carries a brief case with nothing in it but a newspaper?
3. Who shot Lang?
4. What does Sarah say is the reason that her father would never be involved in drugs?
5. What does Lang think about the way that Russell Barnes looks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Solomon and Lang discuss when Solomon arrives in Lang's hospital room?
2. What happens when O'Neil arrives in Lang's hospital room?
3. What happens when Solomon arrives at Lang's apartment?
4. Describe the conversation in the first chapter about breaking someone's arm.
5. What does Lang find when he goes to the bank in Chapter 4?
6. What story does Lang give Barnes when Barnes says he knows that Solomon is on a plane at that moment?
7. What does O'Neil tell Sarah Woolf when he comes to talk to her and Lang in Chapter 3?
8. What happens when Lang returns to his apartment in Chapter 2?
9. Describe the phone conversation in Chapter 5 when Woolf calls Lang.
10. What does Lang speculate might be the reason that Woolf tried to hire Lang to kill him?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)