|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Solomon tell Lang about Woolf in Chapter 4?
(a) He will be killed. It's just a question of by who.
(b) He is living on borrowed time.
(c) He isn't such a bad guy.
(d) He is a bad lot.
2. What does Solomon say when Lang says that Solomon wouldn't kill anyone for money?
(a) That he has his breaking point, just like any man.
(b) That he has killed more than he knows.
(c) That he has killed a man and two women.
(d) That he is responsible for the deaths of an entire orphanage.
3. What does Lang think about the way that Russell Barnes looks?
(a) He looks like what O'Neil was trying to be.
(b) He looked like a murderer.
(c) He looked more like a drug runner than an embassy member
(d) He looked like a phoney.
4. Who arrives with Woolf when he arrives for his dinner with Lang?
(a) A new bodyguard.
(b) Sarah Woolf.
5. What does the main character drive home?
(a) An off road vehicle.
(b) A cop car.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A bicycle.
6. What does Lang tell Paulie he has done since he left the army?
(a) Consultancy work.
(b) Private investigating.
(c) Been a dog catcher.
(d) Worked as a night security guard.
7. What does Woolf say when Lang asks how to get in touch with him?
(a) Woolf tells him to call Sarah.
(b) Woolf gives him a number.
(c) Woolf tells Lang that they can meet at the same restaurant in a week.
(d) Woolf says he will contact Lang.
8. What was Lang dreaming he was doing when the sunlight woke him up?
(a) Hoovering his carpet.
(b) Trying to clean his apartment.
(c) Scrubbing the kitchen floor.
(d) Brushing his hair.
9. Why does Lang explain that a piece of him wanted Woolf to die?
(a) So he could walk away.
(b) To make Lang feel vendicated in killing the men in the building.
(c) So he would be free to do something.
(d) Because Woolf was in so much pain.
10. What does Solomon say when Lang asks if he is in trouble?
(a) Not really.
(b) Seems like it.
(c) Who knows.
(d) Isn't he always.
11. Who does Solomon say saved Lang's life when he was shot?
(a) Alexander Woolf.
(b) The two agents following him.
(c) A patron in the art gallery.
(d) The young girl from the gallery.
12. What is the only thing that Lang finds rather odd on Richie's body?
(a) A state of the art tranq gun.
(b) Pepper spray.
(c) A very effective switch blade knife.
(d) A Glock self-loading pistol.
13. What does Lang learn that Rayner had been kicked out of the Royal Welch Rusiliers for doing?
(a) Allegations of ties to terrorist organizations.
(b) Impersonating a higher ranking officer.
(d) Breaking and entering.
14. What does O'Neil say that his men found in a search of Lang's apartment?
(a) A passport under a false name.
(b) A gun.
(c) A contact number for the man wanting the murder committed.
(d) A ticket to Bolivia.
15. Where does Solomon say that he believes Alexander Woolf is at that moment in Chapter 4 while Solomon and Lang are drinking?
(a) On an airplane.
(b) In the states.
(c) Buying more drugs.
(d) At his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character say when Sarah asks if she is supposed to believe him just because he has a nice face?
2. What is the name on the money slip that indicates who put the money into Lang's bank account?
3. What does Lang explain is the reason that he carries a brief case with nothing in it but a newspaper?
4. Why does Lang explain is the reason that he declined the offer to kill Woolf?
5. Why does Lang say that Woolf might have picked Lang to ask to commit the murder?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)