|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Woolf tell Lang is lying beside Lang's phone?
(a) An address.
(b) A map.
(c) A restaraunt menu.
(d) A tourist guide.
2. What does the man say that he is when Lang asks if he is a doctor?
(a) A son-of-a-bitch.
(b) An enforcer.
(c) More like an embalmer.
(d) A go-to-man.
3. What does Lang do when Richie puts his face close to Lang's face?
(a) Wraps his legs around Richie's neck.
(b) Head butts him.
(c) Flips the table over on Richie.
(d) Bites Richie's nose.
4. What does Lang wonder about after he leaves O'Neil's office?
(a) Why Sarah would be in on this.
(b) What he is going to do with all the money that was put into his account.
(c) Why Sarah didn't know about her father's bodyguard.
(d) How they could think he was guilty.
5. What does Solomon tell Lang about Woolf in Chapter 4?
(a) He will be killed. It's just a question of by who.
(b) He isn't such a bad guy.
(c) He is a bad lot.
(d) He is living on borrowed time.
6. Who does Sarah say told her that there was a gun found in Lang's apartment that was going to be used to kill her father?
(b) She heard it on the news.
(c) FBI agents.
(d) The police.
7. What does Lang step on as he comes up to check on Woolf?
(a) Woolf's fingers.
(b) Empty shell casings.
(c) Nuts and bolts.
(d) Woolf's teeth.
8. What noise does Lang hear while trying to get out of the building?
(a) Someone crying.
(b) Someone whistling.
(c) A moan.
(d) Someone pleading for their life.
9. Who gave the Ministry of Defence the information about Lang being asked to murder Woolf?
(a) The Americans.
(b) An undercover police operation.
(d) An anonymous source.
10. What does Solomon tell Lang when he wakes him up?
(a) That he has really missed Lang.
(b) That they are late for a meeting.
(c) That they are going to the zoo.
(d) That there is a job that needs to be done.
11. What does the cabbie ask when Lang hops in and says 'follow that cab'(page 61)?
(a) He asks if the man is sleeping with Lang's wife or if Lang is sleeping with his.
(b) He asks if Lang is drunk.
(c) He asks if Lang is a cop.
(d) He asks if there is extra money in it for him.
12. What does O'Neil explain that Woolf is being investigated for?
(a) Trafficking drugs.
13. What does the main character say when Sarah asks if she is supposed to believe him just because he has a nice face?
(a) It worked on the last house he killed someone at.
(b) He got dolled up just for her.
(c) He would believe anything she said.
(d) He asked if she realy thought his face was nice.
14. Who is Lang's first visitor while in the hospital?
(a) Sarah Woolf.
(d) The police.
15. What does the American voice on the phone say when Lang first picks it up?
(a) The Eagle has landed.
(b) Woolf Industries.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Graduate Studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lang tell Richie he needs to do?
2. What does Lang say is the most important thing he knows for a fact at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Why does Lang say that Woolf might have picked Lang to ask to commit the murder?
4. What does the main character tell the girl that makes her stop dialing the police?
5. What does Woolf ask Lang when Lang finds him in the room?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)