|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lang explain is the reason that he declined the offer to kill Woolf?
(a) Lang is a nice guy.
(b) There wasn't enough money offered.
(c) Murder makes Lang uneasy.
(d) He saw Woolf's daughter.
2. What does Woolf tell Lang is the single most important commodity in the world?
3. What does Sarah tell the police that the main character was doing at the home?
(a) Family security guard.
(b) There to fix a busted pipe.
(c) Staying in the spare bedroom as a friend of the family.
(d) On a date with Sarah.
4. What does the main character do to make Rayner loosen the grip on his arm?
(a) Spits in Rayner's face.
(b) Urinates on him.
(c) Yells in his face.
(d) Passes gas.
5. What does Solomon tell Lang when Lang finishes explaining that McCluskey and Woolf are the same person?
(a) Neither of those statements is entirely true.
(b) We already knew that.
(d) Of course.
6. What does the main character sit down with after he gets home?
(a) His rough sketch of the man who asked him to murder Sarah's father.
(b) A pad of paper.
(c) A map of the city.
(d) A pocket dictaphone.
7. What does Lang say about scars?
(a) They go with virtually any outfit.
(b) They are chick magnets.
(c) They are always good to break the ice.
(d) He is always trying to look tougher.
8. What does Solomon say when Lang asks if he is in trouble?
(a) Seems like it.
(b) Isn't he always.
(c) Not really.
(d) Who knows.
9. What does the cabbie ask when Lang hops in and says 'follow that cab'(page 61)?
(a) He asks if there is extra money in it for him.
(b) He asks if the man is sleeping with Lang's wife or if Lang is sleeping with his.
(c) He asks if Lang is drunk.
(d) He asks if Lang is a cop.
10. What does the main character drive home?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A cop car.
(d) An off road vehicle.
11. What does the doctor tell Lang about his injury?
(a) An inch over and he would be in a wheelchair.
(b) It only a flesh wound and Lang passed out from panic.
(c) The bullet passed through his armpit.
(d) The bullet narrowly missed his lung.
12. What does Lang learn that Rayner was doing at Woolf's house?
(a) He was working as Woolf's bodyguard.
(b) He was an undercover cop.
(c) He was hired to murdered Wolf.
(d) He was following Lang.
13. What does Woolf ask Lang when Lang finds him in the room?
(a) He asks if Lang will watch over Sarah.
(b) He asks if Lang is a good man.
(c) He asks if Lang will stop these men.
(d) He asks if Lang would like to be his new bodyguard.
14. What does Woolf say when Lang asks how to get in touch with him?
(a) Woolf says he will contact Lang.
(b) Woolf tells him to call Sarah.
(c) Woolf gives him a number.
(d) Woolf tells Lang that they can meet at the same restaurant in a week.
15. What does Lang tell Barnes that he is there to question about when he first arrives at Barnes' office?
(a) The recent murder of Woolf.
(b) Graduate studies.
(c) The reason that the Ministry is involved in the Woolf situation.
(d) Why the economy is not in better shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah Woolf explain to Lang about McCluskey?
2. What does Lang explain is the reason that he carries a brief case with nothing in it but a newspaper?
3. What does Lang realize when he wakes up after the bike crash?
4. What does Sarah Woolf do when she learns what her father is accused of?
5. What does Leather face say when Lang says he refuses to say anything else until he sees a doctor?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)