Mid-Book Test (up to Part 1, Chapters 8-9)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Which country did Solzhenitsyn use as an example to show how the Organs justify their existence?
2. After lunch, how long were prisoners allowed to rest before returning to work?
3. What was the name of the police force put into power by the government specifically used to arrest prisoners for Gulag?
4. What was used at night when prisoners were being interrogated in the 1920s?
5. What is the section number that Solzhenitsyn signed to, unknowing that this consigned him to hard labor and eternal exile?
This section contains 1,142 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)