|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Zihma, what did prisoners being transported on foot use as nets to catch fish in the river?
(a) Leaves woven together.
(b) Their trousers.
(c) Their own hair.
(d) Their socks.
2. How many compartments were in a typical passenger car headed out to exile?
3. Which of the following terms was used to describe prisoners just arriving to exile?
4. In the years 1945-1946, how many prisoners were dying every day in every camp of Gulag?
5. How many days was a prisoner sent to punishment for if he were found guilty of unruliness?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words was prison slang for execution?
2. Which of the following preparations was NOT performed before the cattle cars were deemed fit for use for the prisoners?
3. Which of the following groups of workers was NOT considered a trusty in the prison system?
4. Which of the following methods was NOT used as a way to prevent prisoners from engaging in hunger strikes?
5. How long did the Bolsheviks struggle to overthrow the tsar?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)