|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gulag prisoners steal from unsuspecting guards in the revolt of 1952?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their shoes.
(c) Their guns.
(d) Their wives.
2. Which of the following facts about hunger strikes is NOT true?
(a) The last hunger strike took place in 1937.
(b) Hunger strikes claimed more lives than dysentery in the camps.
(c) Stalin called hunger strikes counter-revolutionary.
(d) Hunger strikes were made illegal in 1930.
3. What is another word for the trains that brought prisoners out to exile?
4. Which of the following sections of the memoir deals with the show trials?
(a) "The Law as a Child."
(b) "The Law in Infancy."
(c) "The Law Becomes a Man."
(d) "The Law Matures."
5. Which of the following camps was known for having ancient, leaking toilets?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items was NOT used to break prisoners who attempted a hunger strike?
2. How many compartments were in a typical passenger car headed out to exile?
3. Which of the following terms did the Gulag soldier use to describe the prisoners who partook in hunger strikes?
4. Which of the following methods was NOT one prisoners used to try to figure out where they were going when being sent into exile?
5. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe the academic civilians in Russia?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)