|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe the academic civilians in Russia?
2. During the new era of executions, how many men were killed in the first 16 months?
(c) 1.6 million.
3. How far did prisoners typically have to walk on foot if they were being transported to another prison?
(a) 20-25 miles.
(b) 1-5 miles.
(c) 10-15 miles.
(d) 30-35 miles.
4. How was time at Gulag measured?
(a) In decades.
(b) In years.
(c) In weeks.
(d) In deaths.
5. What is the abbreviated acronym for the All-Russian Central Executive Committee?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following medical conditions did Lenin suffer from in 1922?
2. What did Lenin secretly enjoy framing intelligentsia as before shipping them off to Gulag?
3. Which of the following topics did Gendelman get into a heated debate with Krylenko about?
4. After Krylenko's trial, how many men were spared death by execution?
5. Which of the following activities could get a person sent to the punishment camps in TON?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the public react to Vlasov's sentencing at his trial?
2. How did the peasants of Kotlas live after a Gulag prison was set up on their land in 1938?
3. Which prisons in the Gulag network does Solzhenitsyn remember living in as a prisoner?
4. In what ways did the Gulag guards attempt to prevent hunger strikes from running rampant in the prisons?
5. What were stolypins?
6. How did prisoners figure out where they were being relocated, particularly when being sent into exile?
7. What would prisoners drink while being transported?
8. What types of prisoners were separated from the native population at Gulag?
9. What was Vlasov put on trial for in the last of Russia's open trials?
10. What happened in the trial of Shakhty?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)