|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the Bolsheviks struggle to overthrow the tsar?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 30 years.
2. On which anniversary of it being abolished for the first time, was capital punishment again abolished for all but military crimes?
(a) Its 5th anniversary.
(b) Its 10th anniversary.
(c) Its 20th anniversary.
(d) Its 15th anniversary.
3. Where were the prisoners who were sent into exile relocated to?
4. In what year was capital punishment abolished in the courts?
5. Which of the following terms did the Gulag soldier use to describe the prisoners who partook in hunger strikes?
(a) Dead men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words was prison slang for execution?
2. What did prisoners frequently write down when they were lucky enough to find a scrap of paper and a pencil?
3. Which of the following bunks were considered the best bunks to have in the summer?
4. Which group of soldiers turned on the Russian church, demanding all its money?
5. How many days was a prisoner sent to punishment for if he were found guilty of unruliness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the new era of executions?
2. Who was Palchinsky?
3. How was time in Gulag measured?
4. What were stolypins?
5. How did the public react to Vlasov's sentencing at his trial?
6. In what ways did the Gulag guards attempt to prevent hunger strikes from running rampant in the prisons?
7. What would prisoners drink while being transported?
8. For what offenses could prisoners be sent to the punishment cells?
9. Why was capital punishment banned in 1920?
10. What changed about capital punishment after the revolt of 1952 in the Gulag prisons?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)