|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following camps was known for having ancient, leaking toilets?
2. How many days did the first hunger strike in Gulag last?
(a) 27 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 21 days.
3. Which of the following terms was used to describe prisoners just arriving to exile?
4. Why were the peasants in Tsarskoe Selo executed?
(a) For stealing bread for their children.
(b) For disrespecting Stalin.
(c) For mowing public fields.
(d) For producing more salt than allowed.
5. What argument did Stalin give to have the abolishment of capital punishment overturned?
(a) Execution is man's divine right.
(b) Execution is a means of social defense.
(c) Execution is legal terror.
(d) Execution is an opiate of the masses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only article of clothing prisoners in the punishment cells were allowed to wear?
2. Which of the following items was NOT used to break prisoners who attempted a hunger strike?
3. What did Lenin secretly enjoy framing intelligentsia as before shipping them off to Gulag?
4. Which of the following bunks were considered the best bunks to have in the summer?
5. When forming a line for drinking water, which of the following prisoners were allowed to drink first from the common cup?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the All-Russian Central Executive Committee?
2. How were toilet trips managed when transporting passengers?
3. Who were the sons of Gulag?
4. What types of prisoners were separated from the native population at Gulag?
5. How was time in Gulag measured?
6. For what offenses could prisoners be sent to the punishment cells?
7. Why did women sometimes go crazy when they found a scrap of paper in the transit camps?
8. Why did the Bolshevik Army turn on the church, and what do it get in return?
9. What happened during the new era of executions?
10. What changed about capital punishment after the revolt of 1952 in the Gulag prisons?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)