|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following facts about hunger strikes is NOT true?
(a) Stalin called hunger strikes counter-revolutionary.
(b) Hunger strikes were made illegal in 1930.
(c) The last hunger strike took place in 1937.
(d) Hunger strikes claimed more lives than dysentery in the camps.
2. What was the name given to the investigators whose main job was to find men to convict and send to Gulag?
3. Which of the following items was used to gag a prisoner in Gulag before he was executed?
(a) A clod of dirt.
(b) His socks.
(c) A rubber ball.
(d) A potato.
4. During the new era of executions, how many men were killed in the first 16 months?
(d) 1.6 million.
5. How long does Solzhenitsyn claim it took before life in Gulag becomes bearable?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) Life in Gulag never becomes bearable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Solzhenitsyn when he used to listen to the "boring, pallid daily records" of the trials?
2. Which of the following actions is the Central Executive Committee of the Russian government NOT allowed to do?
3. Which of the following items was NOT used to break prisoners who attempted a hunger strike?
4. What is the only article of clothing prisoners in the punishment cells were allowed to wear?
5. Which of the following activities could get a person sent to the punishment camps in TON?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)