|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of soldiers turned on the Russian church, demanding all its money?
(a) The Bolsheviks.
(b) The Turncoats.
(c) The Militia.
(d) The SRs.
2. Which of the following items is NOT something Solzhenitsyn says prisoners were discouraged from taking to the camps with them?
(c) Nice clothes.
3. Why were the peasants in Tsarskoe Selo executed?
(a) For producing more salt than allowed.
(b) For mowing public fields.
(c) For stealing bread for their children.
(d) For disrespecting Stalin.
4. During what decade did hunger strikes spike in popularity?
(a) In the 1920s.
(b) In the 1930s.
(c) In the 1940s.
(d) In the 1950s.
5. Which of the following crimes is NOT mentioned by Solzhenitsyn as a crime punishable by death?
(a) Not trimming the hedges in one's yard.
(b) Hitting a police officer's horse.
(c) Accidentally starting a fire.
(d) Public drunkenness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was capital punishment abolished in the courts?
2. Which of the following terms was used to describe prisoners just arriving to exile?
3. Which of the following phrases was often chalked on the sides of the cattle cars used to transport prisoners?
4. Which of the following facts about hunger strikes is NOT true?
5. Which of the following medical conditions did Lenin suffer from in 1922?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)