|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe the academic civilians in Russia?
2. How many prisons could a true son of Gulag name?
3. Which of the following topics did Gendelman get into a heated debate with Krylenko about?
(a) Ignoring justice.
(b) Torturing witnesses.
(c) Tampering with evidence.
(d) Bribing judges.
4. How long did the Bolsheviks struggle to overthrow the tsar?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
5. In the years 1945-1946, how many prisoners were dying every day in every camp of Gulag?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following preparations was NOT performed before the cattle cars were deemed fit for use for the prisoners?
2. What did guards transporting prisoners to exile typically steal from them?
3. What is the abbreviated acronym for the All-Russian Central Executive Committee?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way that prisoners died while being transported from prison to prison on foot?
5. Which of the following actions is the Central Executive Committee of the Russian government NOT allowed to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which prisons in the Gulag network does Solzhenitsyn remember living in as a prisoner?
2. How did the public react to Vlasov's sentencing at his trial?
3. Why did women sometimes go crazy when they found a scrap of paper in the transit camps?
4. What did Lenin say to Gorky about the intelligentsia of Russia?
5. What types of prisoners were separated from the native population at Gulag?
6. What happened in the trial of Shakhty?
7. What major change did Lenin make to the law right before he suffered his first stroke?
8. How were toilet trips managed when transporting passengers?
9. How was time in Gulag measured?
10. Who were the sons of Gulag?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)