|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was capital punishment abolished in the courts?
2. How many prisons could a true son of Gulag name?
3. What color were the cattle cars that transported prisoners throughout Gulag?
4. Which of the following activities could get a person sent to the punishment camps in TON?
5. On which anniversary of it being abolished for the first time, was capital punishment again abolished for all but military crimes?
(a) Its 10th anniversary.
(b) Its 5th anniversary.
(c) Its 20th anniversary.
(d) Its 15th anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following intangible items did Lenin legalize in 1922?
2. How long did the Bolsheviks struggle to overthrow the tsar?
3. How many defendants were a part of the first show trial in Russian history?
4. Which of the following medical conditions did Lenin suffer from in 1922?
5. What did Gendelman do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where did the first Gulag hunger strike occur?
2. What was the All-Russian Central Executive Committee?
3. What happened in the trial of Shakhty?
4. Who was in charge of preparing stolypins for prisoner use, and how were the stolypins prepared?
5. How did the public react to Vlasov's sentencing at his trial?
6. Who were the sons of Gulag?
7. What types of prisoners were separated from the native population at Gulag?
8. What would prisoners drink while being transported?
9. How did the peasants of Kotlas live after a Gulag prison was set up on their land in 1938?
10. What surprises in the camps did prisoners remember that shocked their systems upon arrival?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)