|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities could get a person sent to the punishment camps in TON?
2. Which of the following groups of prisoners was NOT sent to its own secret prisons in Gulag?
3. What is another word for archipelago?
4. Which of the following camps was known for having ancient, leaking toilets?
5. During the new era of executions, how many men were killed in the first 16 months?
(b) 1.6 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Stalin use officially capital punishment as a way to "clean out" his overcrowded prisons?
2. How many days did the first hunger strike in Gulag last?
3. In what year did the new era of executions start in the Gulag prison systems?
4. Where were the prisoners who were sent into exile relocated to?
5. During which decade did prisoners rarely have food due to a food shortage all across Russia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Palchinsky?
2. What was the All-Russian Central Executive Committee?
3. How did the public react to Vlasov's sentencing at his trial?
4. When and where did the first Gulag hunger strike occur?
5. What types of prisoners were separated from the native population at Gulag?
6. What would prisoners drink while being transported?
7. Which prisons in the Gulag network does Solzhenitsyn remember living in as a prisoner?
8. Who was in charge of preparing stolypins for prisoner use, and how were the stolypins prepared?
9. What did Lenin say to Gorky about the intelligentsia of Russia?
10. What changed about capital punishment after the revolt of 1952 in the Gulag prisons?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)