|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of soldiers turned on the Russian church, demanding all its money?
(a) The Bolsheviks.
(b) The Turncoats.
(c) The SRs.
(d) The Militia.
2. Which of the following adjectives does Solzhenitsyn use to describe the powers of execution?
3. Which of the following men is described as "the only Russian crazy enough to return without authorization"?
4. How long does Solzhenitsyn claim it took before life in Gulag becomes bearable?
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Life in Gulag never becomes bearable.
5. What did Lenin secretly enjoy framing intelligentsia as before shipping them off to Gulag?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms did the Gulag soldier use to describe the prisoners who partook in hunger strikes?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way that prisoners died while being transported from prison to prison on foot?
3. Which of the following groups of workers was NOT considered a trusty in the prison system?
4. How far did prisoners typically have to walk on foot if they were being transported to another prison?
5. Which of the following camps was known for having good barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was capital punishment banned in 1920?
2. What did prisoners eat when they were being transported from one prison to another?
3. What was the All-Russian Central Executive Committee?
4. For what offenses could prisoners be sent to the punishment cells?
5. What happened in the trial of Shakhty?
6. What types of prisoners were separated from the native population at Gulag?
7. When and where did the first Gulag hunger strike occur?
8. What was Vlasov put on trial for in the last of Russia's open trials?
9. What happened during the new era of executions?
10. How did the peasants of Kotlas live after a Gulag prison was set up on their land in 1938?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)