|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the Bolsheviks struggle to overthrow the tsar?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 40 years.
2. Which of the following camps was known for being lice ridden?
3. Which of the following words was prison slang for execution?
4. What color were the cattle cars that transported prisoners throughout Gulag?
5. Which of the following methods was NOT one prisoners used to try to figure out where they were going when being sent into exile?
(a) Stealing glances at street signs through cracks in the wood.
(b) Marking the position of the sun.
(c) Sneaking maps in with their folded clothing.
(d) Asking other exiled prisoners for clues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of men found themselves in the first show trial of the Shakhty?
2. Which of the following groups of prisoners was NOT sent to its own secret prisons in Gulag?
3. Which of the following items is NOT something Solzhenitsyn says prisoners were discouraged from taking to the camps with them?
4. Which of the following items was used to gag a prisoner in Gulag before he was executed?
5. How long does Solzhenitsyn claim it took before life in Gulag becomes bearable?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where did the first Gulag hunger strike occur?
2. How did the public react to Vlasov's sentencing at his trial?
3. How were toilet trips managed when transporting passengers?
4. What surprises in the camps did prisoners remember that shocked their systems upon arrival?
5. What did prisoners eat when they were being transported from one prison to another?
6. What happened during the new era of executions?
7. What was the All-Russian Central Executive Committee?
8. How was time in Gulag measured?
9. Why did women sometimes go crazy when they found a scrap of paper in the transit camps?
10. Who were the sons of Gulag?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)