|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following camps was known for having bricked-over windows?
2. Who famously uttered the words, "Intelligentsia are not the nation's brains, but their excrement"?
3. What is the name of the revolutionary that organized the early Russian courts?
4. How many compartments were in a typical passenger car headed out to exile?
5. Why wasn't Stalin's body drawn and quartered for the execution of the peasants?
(a) Because Stalin had divine absolvement of all crimes.
(b) Because Stalin had never been found guilty of war crimes.
(c) Because the people begged not to disrupt his body.
(d) Because no one knew where Stalin was buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. When capital punishment was abolished, what was the only court system allowed to sentence defendants to death?
2. What did it mean to be "politically illiterate"?
3. Which of the following terms was used to describe prisoners just arriving to exile?
4. How long did a typical bathroom break last when there were 120 prisoners who needed to go?
5. Which of the following intangible items did Lenin legalize in 1922?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the new era of executions?
2. What types of prisoners were separated from the native population at Gulag?
3. Why did the Bolshevik Army turn on the church, and what do it get in return?
4. How did the peasants of Kotlas live after a Gulag prison was set up on their land in 1938?
5. How did the public react to Vlasov's sentencing at his trial?
6. For what offenses could prisoners be sent to the punishment cells?
7. Who was Palchinsky?
8. What changed about capital punishment after the revolt of 1952 in the Gulag prisons?
9. In what ways did the Gulag guards attempt to prevent hunger strikes from running rampant in the prisons?
10. When and where did the first Gulag hunger strike occur?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)