|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did prisoners frequently write down when they were lucky enough to find a scrap of paper and a pencil?
(a) Their telephone numbers.
(b) Their addresses.
(c) Their names.
(d) Their social security numbers.
2. What is the name of the revolutionary that organized the early Russian courts?
3. Which of the following intangible items did Lenin legalize in 1922?
4. Which of the following items is NOT something Solzhenitsyn says prisoners were discouraged from taking to the camps with them?
(a) Nice clothes.
5. Which of the following phrases was often chalked on the sides of the cattle cars used to transport prisoners?
(a) "God Save the Queen."
(b) "Hollywood or Bust."
(d) "Perishable Goods."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many civilians lived in the ground under Kotlas, a checkpoint into northeastern Russia?
2. What did Lenin secretly enjoy framing intelligentsia as before shipping them off to Gulag?
3. Which of the following camps was known for being lice ridden?
4. In Zihma, what did prisoners being transported on foot use as nets to catch fish in the river?
5. Which of the following preparations was NOT performed before the cattle cars were deemed fit for use for the prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Vlasov put on trial for in the last of Russia's open trials?
2. What major change did Lenin make to the law right before he suffered his first stroke?
3. Who was in charge of preparing stolypins for prisoner use, and how were the stolypins prepared?
4. For what offenses could prisoners be sent to the punishment cells?
5. How did prisoners figure out where they were being relocated, particularly when being sent into exile?
6. When and where did the first Gulag hunger strike occur?
7. What were stolypins?
8. What happened in the trial of Shakhty?
9. Why did women sometimes go crazy when they found a scrap of paper in the transit camps?
10. What happened during the new era of executions?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)