|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another word for archipelago?
2. Which of the following crimes is NOT mentioned by Solzhenitsyn as a crime punishable by death?
(a) Not trimming the hedges in one's yard.
(b) Hitting a police officer's horse.
(c) Public drunkenness.
(d) Accidentally starting a fire.
3. Who famously uttered the words, "Intelligentsia are not the nation's brains, but their excrement"?
4. Which of the following medical conditions did Lenin suffer from in 1922?
(a) He suffered a heart attack.
(b) He suffered paralysis.
(c) He suffered an aneurysm.
(d) He suffered a stroke.
5. Who were Zeks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument did Stalin give to have the abolishment of capital punishment overturned?
2. What nationality of men were the last to attempt a hunger strike in the Gulag prisons?
3. What was the name given to the investigators whose main job was to find men to convict and send to Gulag?
4. What did Gendelman do for a living?
5. What is the abbreviated acronym for the All-Russian Central Executive Committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was in charge of preparing stolypins for prisoner use, and how were the stolypins prepared?
2. What changed about capital punishment after the revolt of 1952 in the Gulag prisons?
3. When and where did the first Gulag hunger strike occur?
4. What types of prisoners were separated from the native population at Gulag?
5. For what offenses could prisoners be sent to the punishment cells?
6. How was time in Gulag measured?
7. What happened in the trial of Shakhty?
8. How did the peasants of Kotlas live after a Gulag prison was set up on their land in 1938?
9. How did the public react to Vlasov's sentencing at his trial?
10. Who was Palchinsky?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)