|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms was used to describe prisoners just arriving to exile?
2. Which of the following topics did Gendelman get into a heated debate with Krylenko about?
(a) Torturing witnesses.
(b) Ignoring justice.
(c) Tampering with evidence.
(d) Bribing judges.
3. Who were Zeks?
4. In what year did the new era of executions start in the Gulag prison systems?
5. Which of the following prisons was considered to be the center of Gulag?
(c) Krasnaya Presnya.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Stalin use officially capital punishment as a way to "clean out" his overcrowded prisons?
2. Which of the following terms is used to describe show trials?
3. How many days did the first hunger strike in Gulag last?
4. Which of the following items was used to gag a prisoner in Gulag before he was executed?
5. What is the only article of clothing prisoners in the punishment cells were allowed to wear?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)