|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lenin call the purge through which he got rid of all those he wished to suppress?
(a) The necessary purge.
(b) The gastronomical purge.
(c) The spending purge.
(d) The hygienic purge.
2. What was the name of the police force put into power by the government specifically used to arrest prisoners for Gulag?
(a) The Skins.
(b) The Feet.
(c) The Organs.
(d) The Eyes.
3. Who was Captain Borsch's partner?
(a) Nikolai Krylenko.
(b) Colonel Mariyushkin.
(c) Captain Viktor Abakumov
(d) Feliks Dzerzhinsky.
4. How many useful measures of torture did the Gulag prison system use?
5. How long was the standard Stalin imprisonment in Gulag?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the patches worn on the shoulders of the Russian soldiers?
2. What did relatives furiously try to pack when their family members were arrested?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Igor Tronko?
4. Which country is the Russian army retreating from in 1941?
5. On what charge was Chulpenyev arrested in 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Solzhenitsyn arrested, and what was his reaction?
2. What significant event happened on Russian soil in the autumn of 1941?
3. How long did trials at the height of Gulag last for civilian prisoners?
4. What happened in the military case of Mongolia in 1941?
5. How did the prisoners of Gulag know that WWII had ended in Russia?
6. What was the hygienic purge?
7. What happened to Solzhenitsyn during his third year of University study at the NKVD?
8. How did Chulpenyev react to the charges brought against him in Mongolia in 1941?
9. What happened in the Gulag prison camps in 1945-1946?
10. Who were the organs?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)