|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Solzhenitsyn meet Igor Tronko?
2. How long did prisoners usually cling to the hope that their arrest has been a mistake?
(a) For one week.
(b) For one year.
(c) For one month.
(d) For one day.
3. How were prisoners treated when they spoke in their own defense at trial?
(a) They were beaten.
(b) They were mocked.
(c) They were honored.
(d) They were ignored.
4. During what year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
5. What is the name of the assassinated Soviet ambassador who had a draft named after him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours a day does Solzhenitsyn claim were of no note?
2. How long was Lozovsky sentenced to serve in Gulag?
3. For how long did Solzhenitsyn walk around Russia as a free man before being sent to Gulag?
4. What did relatives furiously try to pack when their family members were arrested?
5. What color were the battalions many POWs joined in exchange for food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the Gulag prison camps in 1945-1946?
2. How did families typically react when they saw a family member arrested?
3. What was the Cadet Party?
4. How does Solzhenitsyn define evil?
5. What freedoms did Solzhenitsyn experience during his first stay in the Gulag prison system?
6. What was the hygienic purge?
7. What is the typical reaction most prisoners had during the first 24 hours after their arrest and imprisonment in Gulag?
8. Who were the organs?
9. Why was Solzhenitsyn arrested, and what was his reaction?
10. How did the prisoners feel about the offer of joining the white battalion?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)