|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year was Solzhenitsyn sentenced to serve time in Gulag?
2. During what year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
3. What was the name given to the guard who was in charge of waking the prisoners up in the morning?
(a) The turnkey.
(b) The alarmsound.
(c) The doorknock.
(d) The breaksleep.
4. How long did most men survive in the Gulag prison systems before being executed?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
5. How long did prisoners usually cling to the hope that their arrest has been a mistake?
(a) For one week.
(b) For one day.
(c) For one year.
(d) For one month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people was NOT considered dangerous by Lenin?
2. How many hours a day does Solzhenitsyn claim were of no note?
3. Of the judges who were brought before the Supreme Court, how many were found guilty of war crimes?
4. How long did Solzhenitsyn "duel" with interrogators before being sent to prison?
5. How many men attempted to run away from the Gulag prison system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Section 11 paperwork that Solzhenitsyn signed during his interrogation?
2. What freedoms did Solzhenitsyn experience during his first stay in the Gulag prison system?
3. Why was Solzhenitsyn arrested, and what was his reaction?
4. Who was Igor Tronko?
5. How did Chulpenyev react to the charges brought against him in Mongolia in 1941?
6. What happened to Solzhenitsyn during his third year of University study at the NKVD?
7. What happened in the Gulag prison camps in 1945-1946?
8. Why couldn't interrogators be trusted to uphold the law?
9. What happened in the 1960s when 70 judges were brought before the Supreme Court to justify their actions in the Gulag trials?
10. What was the Cadet Party?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)