|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Solzhenitsyn claim is true about evil in the world?
(a) To do evil, people must ignore pain.
(b) To do evil, people must justify their actions.
(c) To do evil, people must search for justice in an unjust world.
(d) To do evil, people must disregard humanity.
2. For how long did Solzhenitsyn walk around Russia as a free man before being sent to Gulag?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Four days.
(d) Four months.
3. What is the nationality of the man who Solzhenitsyn has carry his suitcase when he is being arrested?
4. For how long were juveniles sent to Gulag when sentenced?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. During what year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
Short Answer Questions
1. After lunch, how long were prisoners allowed to rest before returning to work?
2. Of the judges who were brought before the Supreme Court, how many were found guilty of war crimes?
3. During what month of the year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
4. What is the name Vlasov synonymous with?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Igor Tronko?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Cadet Party?
2. Why couldn't interrogators be trusted to uphold the law?
3. What was the hygienic purge?
4. In what ways did interrogators try to intimidate prisoners in the early 1920s?
5. Who was the German civilian present on the day Solzhenitsyn was arrested?
6. What was the Voikov draft?
7. What was the Section 11 paperwork that Solzhenitsyn signed during his interrogation?
8. Who were the organs?
9. What made the first two hours of the day the most difficult for Solzhenitsyn?
10. What happened in the military case of Mongolia in 1941?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)