|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many useful measures of torture did the Gulag prison system use?
2. For how long were juveniles sent to Gulag when sentenced?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 30 years.
3. After lunch, how long were prisoners allowed to rest before returning to work?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) They were not allowed to rest.
(d) One hour.
4. How long was Chulpenyev held before being sent to the Gulag prison camps?
(a) One year.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
5. How many hours a day does Solzhenitsyn claim were of no note?
(a) 12 hours a day.
(b) 24 hours a day.
(c) 16 hours a day.
(d) 8 hours a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the battalions many POWs joined in exchange for food?
2. Under the tsar's rule, which of the following types of prisoners did NOT fill the system?
3. What subject were many of the POWs imprisoned for discussing?
4. How many times per month were prisoners allowed to write petitions for their freedom from the prisons?
5. During what month of the year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Solzhenitsyn arrested, and what was his reaction?
2. What made the first two hours of the day the most difficult for Solzhenitsyn?
3. How did families typically react when they saw a family member arrested?
4. How did Solzhenitsyn feel about prison during the first few days he spends there?
5. What happened in the military case of Mongolia in 1941?
6. How did the prisoners feel about the offer of joining the white battalion?
7. In what ways did interrogators try to intimidate prisoners in the early 1920s?
8. Who was the German civilian present on the day Solzhenitsyn was arrested?
9. Who were the organs?
10. Where was Solzhenitsyn arrested, and what was his reaction?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)