|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the judges who were brought before the Supreme Court, how many were found guilty of war crimes?
(a) None of them.
(b) Only a handful.
(c) All of them.
(d) Half of them.
2. What is the name Vlasov synonymous with?
3. What color were the patches worn on the shoulders of the Russian soldiers?
4. How many men attempted to run away from the Gulag prison system?
(a) About one in three.
(b) Very few.
(c) Nearly all.
(d) More than half.
5. Which of the following activities was NOT something Solzhenitsyn was allowed to do in prison?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Cook lunch for fellow prisoners.
(c) Read a magazine.
(d) Play chess with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many peasants were members of the TKP?
2. How many procedures did Solzhenitsyn undergo before finally being sentenced?
3. In 1963, how many judges were brought before the Supreme Court to defend their actions at Gulag?
4. What was the name of the prison where Solzhenitsyn was sent after his arrest?
5. On what charge was Chulpenyev arrested in 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the organs?
2. Who was Igor Tronko?
3. How did Solzhenitsyn feel about prison during the first few days he spends there?
4. What is the typical reaction most prisoners had during the first 24 hours after their arrest and imprisonment in Gulag?
5. What made the first two hours of the day the most difficult for Solzhenitsyn?
6. Where was Solzhenitsyn arrested, and what was his reaction?
7. Why couldn't interrogators be trusted to uphold the law?
8. In what ways did interrogators try to intimidate prisoners in the early 1920s?
9. How did the prisoners feel about the offer of joining the white battalion?
10. What happened to Solzhenitsyn during his third year of University study at the NKVD?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)