|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following armies was both Solzhenitsyn and Tronko prepared to join in 1941?
(a) The White Army.
(b) The Blue Army.
(c) The Black Army.
(d) The Red Army.
2. Which of the following items was Solzhenitsyn afraid his interrogators will find?
(a) His notebooks.
(b) His pamphlets.
(c) His photographs.
(d) His handgun.
3. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Solzhenitsyn's attitude during his interrogation?
4. What is the acronym for the school where Solzhenitsyn studied?
5. What country does Solzhenitsyn view as his motherland?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lozovsky ask to be shot during Chulpenyev's trial?
2. For how long were juveniles sent to Gulag when sentenced?
3. What did Chulpenyev do for a living?
4. During what years was the Gulag prison system completely overcrowded?
5. How many former POWs was Solzhenitsyn celled with during his first arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Voikov draft?
2. How did families typically react when they saw a family member arrested?
3. In what ways did interrogators try to intimidate prisoners in the early 1920s?
4. What happened in the 1960s when 70 judges were brought before the Supreme Court to justify their actions in the Gulag trials?
5. How does Solzhenitsyn define evil?
6. Who were the organs?
7. Where was Solzhenitsyn arrested, and what was his reaction?
8. What happened in the military case of Mongolia in 1941?
9. How did the prisoners feel about the offer of joining the white battalion?
10. How long did trials at the height of Gulag last for civilian prisoners?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)