|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items were the colors on the Russian uniform meant to represent?
2. Why did the Russian government kill and imprison its people, according to Solzhenitsyn?
(a) To prevent them from revolting in the future.
(b) To punish them for their crimes.
(c) To ensure only the high society reproduce.
(d) To cleanse their society.
3. What typically happened to a house after its owner was arrested?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was put back on the market.
(c) It was ransacked.
(d) It was boarded up.
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Solzhenitsyn's attitude during his interrogation?
5. What country does Solzhenitsyn view as his motherland?
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
2. Which hours of the day does Solzhenitsyn claim were the hardest?
3. How many peasants were members of the TKP?
4. How did men treat Solzhenitsyn when he was in his uniform during his arrest?
5. What was the name of the prison where Solzhenitsyn was sent after his arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did families typically react when they saw a family member arrested?
2. What was the hygienic purge?
3. How long did trials at the height of Gulag last for civilian prisoners?
4. While imprisoned, what did Solzhenitsyn feel about his Motherland?
5. What was the Cadet Party?
6. Why couldn't interrogators be trusted to uphold the law?
7. Who was Igor Tronko?
8. What was the Voikov draft?
9. What happened in the Gulag prison camps in 1945-1946?
10. What made the first two hours of the day the most difficult for Solzhenitsyn?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)