|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nationality of the man who Solzhenitsyn has carry his suitcase when he is being arrested?
2. How did men treat Solzhenitsyn when he was in his uniform during his arrest?
(a) With confusion.
(b) With admiration.
(c) With apathy.
(d) With contempt.
3. How long was Chulpenyev held before being sent to the Gulag prison camps?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
4. How many procedures did Solzhenitsyn undergo before finally being sentenced?
5. How many times per month were prisoners allowed to write petitions for their freedom from the prisons?
(a) Four times per month.
(b) Twice per month.
(c) Once per month.
(d) Three times per month.
6. What is the section number that Solzhenitsyn signed to, unknowing that this consigned him to hard labor and eternal exile?
(a) Section 17.
(b) Section 13.
(c) Section 11.
(d) Section 15.
7. Which of the following groups of people was NOT considered dangerous by Lenin?
(a) Violent offenders.
(d) Class enemies.
8. During what year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
9. For how long did Solzhenitsyn walk around Russia as a free man before being sent to Gulag?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Four days.
(d) Four weeks.
10. Which of the following actions did Solzhenitsyn do trying to infuriate those who took joy in his arrest?
(a) He ignored them.
(b) He smiled at them.
(c) He shook his fist at them.
(d) He spit at them.
11. How long was the standard Stalin imprisonment in Gulag?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 35 years.
12. Which country did Solzhenitsyn use as an example to show how the Organs justify their existence?
13. During what years was the Gulag prison system completely overcrowded?
14. What position did Solzhenitsyn hold in the Russian army before his arrest?
15. Which of the following groups of foreigners was NOT seized when Tashkent fell short of their quota?
(a) Chinese railway workers.
(b) Leningrad Estonians.
(c) Wealthy Italians.
(d) Exiled Koreans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did most arrests happen during the time the Gulag prison systems were in use?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Igor Tronko?
3. Which of the following monsters did Solzhenitsyn compare Borsch to when he saw him at the medical hospital in camp?
4. What did Lenin call those he wished to suppress under fear of revolt?
5. What subject were many of the POWs imprisoned for discussing?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)