|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year was Solzhenitsyn sentenced to serve time in Gulag?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Igor Tronko?
3. What is the acronym for the school where Solzhenitsyn studied?
4. What decade is generally considered a decade of freedom to those who have studied the Gulag prison system?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1920s.
(c) The 1930s.
(d) The 1940s.
5. Which of the following jobs was offered in exchange for food in the Gulag prison systems?
(a) Food production.
(b) Construction work.
(c) Body burial.
(d) Health services.
6. What country does Solzhenitsyn view as his motherland?
7. How many hours a day does Solzhenitsyn claim were of no note?
(a) 8 hours a day.
(b) 12 hours a day.
(c) 24 hours a day.
(d) 16 hours a day.
8. How many former POWs was Solzhenitsyn celled with during his first arrest?
9. Who was Captain Borsch's partner?
(a) Colonel Mariyushkin.
(b) Captain Viktor Abakumov
(c) Nikolai Krylenko.
(d) Feliks Dzerzhinsky.
10. Where was Solzhenitsyn when he was finally arrested?
(a) Asleep in his bed.
(b) At church.
(c) At the movie theater.
(d) At a train station.
11. Which of the following authors did Solzhenitsyn NOT quote as writing about evil in the world?
12. Why did Lozovsky ask to be shot during Chulpenyev's trial?
(a) To show his love.
(b) To show his bravery.
(c) To show his patriotism.
(d) To show his innocence.
13. For how long were juveniles sent to Gulag when sentenced?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 10 years.
14. What type of prison cells were prisoners kept in during their interrogation process?
(a) Excruciatingly tiny cells.
(b) Cells filled with biting ants.
(c) Freezing cold cells.
(d) Massive cement cells.
15. How many useful measures of torture did the Gulag prison system use?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the standard Stalin imprisonment in Gulag?
2. Where did most arrests happen during the time the Gulag prison systems were in use?
3. How old was Igor Tronko when Solzhenitsyn met him?
4. In 1963, how many judges were brought before the Supreme Court to defend their actions at Gulag?
5. During what month of the year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)