|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a day does Solzhenitsyn claim were of no note?
(a) 16 hours a day.
(b) 12 hours a day.
(c) 8 hours a day.
(d) 24 hours a day.
2. What is the name of the revolutionary that organized the early Russian courts?
3. During what decade did hunger strikes spike in popularity?
(a) In the 1940s.
(b) In the 1930s.
(c) In the 1920s.
(d) In the 1950s.
4. How many procedures did Solzhenitsyn undergo before finally being sentenced?
5. What did Lenin secretly enjoy framing intelligentsia as before shipping them off to Gulag?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms did the Gulag soldier use to describe the prisoners who partook in hunger strikes?
2. What is the section number that Solzhenitsyn signed to, unknowing that this consigned him to hard labor and eternal exile?
3. Which country is the Russian army retreating from in 1941?
4. Which of the following groups of men found themselves in the first show trial of the Shakhty?
5. What is the only article of clothing prisoners in the punishment cells were allowed to wear?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)