|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the peasants in Tsarskoe Selo executed?
(a) For stealing bread for their children.
(b) For producing more salt than allowed.
(c) For disrespecting Stalin.
(d) For mowing public fields.
2. For how long were juveniles sent to Gulag when sentenced?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 40 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. What is another word for archipelago?
4. Which of the following monsters did Solzhenitsyn compare Borsch to when he saw him at the medical hospital in camp?
(a) A werewolf.
(b) A mummy.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A vampire.
5. Which country is the Russian army retreating from in 1941?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did prisoners say was the common sentence for doing nothing?
2. Which of the following groups of people was NOT considered dangerous by Lenin?
3. In what year was capital punishment abolished in the courts?
4. After lunch, how long were prisoners allowed to rest before returning to work?
5. What did Lenin call those he wished to suppress under fear of revolt?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)