|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of prisoner was housed in TONs?
(a) Violent prisoners.
(b) Political prisoners.
(c) Sick prisoners.
2. How long was Lozovsky sentenced to serve in Gulag?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 27 years.
3. After Krylenko's trial, how many men were spared death by execution?
4. What did Gulag prisoners steal from unsuspecting guards in the revolt of 1952?
(a) Their guns.
(b) Their uniforms.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their wives.
5. What was the name of the political party put into place by the tsar?
(a) The Scout Party.
(b) The Soldier Party.
(c) The Leader Party.
(d) The Cadet Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did guards transporting prisoners to exile typically steal from them?
2. What is another word for the trains that brought prisoners out to exile?
3. Which of the following food items was frequently served to the prisoners for lunch?
4. Which of the following activities could get a person sent to the punishment camps in TON?
5. How many times per month were prisoners allowed to write petitions for their freedom from the prisons?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)