|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items was Solzhenitsyn afraid his interrogators will find?
(a) His handgun.
(b) His pamphlets.
(c) His notebooks.
(d) His photographs.
2. Which of the following activities was NOT part of the prisoners' morning routine?
(a) Jumping out of bed when the bell rang.
(b) Making their beds.
(c) Eating a meager breakfast of gruel.
(d) Sitting down and thinking about their ruined lives.
3. Which of the following medical conditions did Lenin suffer from in 1922?
(a) He suffered paralysis.
(b) He suffered a stroke.
(c) He suffered an aneurysm.
(d) He suffered a heart attack.
4. Which of the following armies was both Solzhenitsyn and Tronko prepared to join in 1941?
(a) The White Army.
(b) The Blue Army.
(c) The Red Army.
(d) The Black Army.
5. What position did Solzhenitsyn hold in the Russian army before his arrest?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Igor Tronko when Solzhenitsyn met him?
2. What is the name Vlasov synonymous with?
3. How many former POWs was Solzhenitsyn celled with during his first arrest?
4. Who famously uttered the words, "Intelligentsia are not the nation's brains, but their excrement"?
5. Which group of soldiers turned on the Russian church, demanding all its money?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)