|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the prison where Solzhenitsyn was sent after his arrest?
2. How long did prisoners usually cling to the hope that their arrest has been a mistake?
(a) For one week.
(b) For one day.
(c) For one month.
(d) For one year.
3. What was the name given to the investigators whose main job was to find men to convict and send to Gulag?
4. What did Solzhenitsyn claim is true about evil in the world?
(a) To do evil, people must justify their actions.
(b) To do evil, people must disregard humanity.
(c) To do evil, people must ignore pain.
(d) To do evil, people must search for justice in an unjust world.
5. Which of the following forms of torture were NOT common practice during interrogations?
(a) Withholding food and water from prisoners.
(b) Burning prisoners with cigarettes.
(c) Stifling prisoners in airtight cells.
(d) Dipping prisoners' feet in boiling water.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Krylenko's trial, how many men were spared death by execution?
2. How long did Solzhenitsyn think he would be sentenced in Gulag?
3. What was the name of the police force put into power by the government specifically used to arrest prisoners for Gulag?
4. What did it mean to be "politically illiterate"?
5. Which of the following intangible items did Lenin legalize in 1922?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)