|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the peasants in Tsarskoe Selo executed?
(a) For mowing public fields.
(b) For stealing bread for their children.
(c) For producing more salt than allowed.
(d) For disrespecting Stalin.
2. What did Lenin secretly enjoy framing intelligentsia as before shipping them off to Gulag?
3. How old was Igor Tronko when Solzhenitsyn met him?
(a) Solzhenitsyn cannot tell how old Tronko is.
(b) Older than Solzhenitsyn.
(c) Younger than Solzhenitsyn.
(d) The same age as Solzhenitsyn.
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Solzhenitsyn's attitude during his interrogation?
5. Which country did Solzhenitsyn use as an example to show how the Organs justify their existence?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the typical Gulag prisoner's trial last?
2. In what year did the new era of executions start in the Gulag prison systems?
3. Why did Lozovsky ask to be shot during Chulpenyev's trial?
4. Why wasn't Stalin's body drawn and quartered for the execution of the peasants?
5. Where was Solzhenitsyn when he was finally arrested?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)