|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year was Solzhenitsyn sentenced to serve time in Gulag?
2. Which of the following groups of men found themselves in the first show trial of the Shakhty?
(a) Coal miners.
(b) Goat farmers.
(c) Railroad workers.
(d) Police officers.
3. Which of the following actions did Solzhenitsyn do trying to infuriate those who took joy in his arrest?
(a) He smiled at them.
(b) He ignored them.
(c) He spit at them.
(d) He shook his fist at them.
4. During what years was the Gulag prison system completely overcrowded?
5. Which of the following food items was frequently served to the prisoners for lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the prison where Solzhenitsyn was sent after his arrest?
2. What is the abbreviated acronym for the All-Russian Central Executive Committee?
3. What was the name of the political party put into place by the tsar?
4. How long was Lozovsky sentenced to serve in Gulag?
5. What is the name of the assassinated Soviet ambassador who had a draft named after him?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)