|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long were juveniles sent to Gulag when sentenced?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. What was the name of the police force put into power by the government specifically used to arrest prisoners for Gulag?
(a) The Eyes.
(b) The Feet.
(c) The Skins.
(d) The Organs.
3. Which of the following actions is the Central Executive Committee of the Russian government NOT allowed to do?
(a) Give prisoners lighter sentences.
(b) Pardon prisoners.
(c) Execute prisoners.
(d) Send prisoners to punishment camps.
4. How many useful measures of torture did the Gulag prison system use?
5. On what charge was Chulpenyev arrested in 1941?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did relatives furiously try to pack when their family members were arrested?
2. After lunch, how long were prisoners allowed to rest before returning to work?
3. Which country did Solzhenitsyn use as an example to show how the Organs justify their existence?
4. What was the name of the political party put into place by the tsar?
5. What type of prison cells were prisoners kept in during their interrogation process?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)