|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did Solzhenitsyn walk around Russia as a free man before being sent to Gulag?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Four days.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Four months.
2. How many former POWs was Solzhenitsyn celled with during his first arrest?
3. Which of the following actions did Solzhenitsyn do trying to infuriate those who took joy in his arrest?
(a) He ignored them.
(b) He spit at them.
(c) He shook his fist at them.
(d) He smiled at them.
4. How many useful measures of torture did the Gulag prison system use?
5. Where did most arrests happen during the time the Gulag prison systems were in use?
(a) In the Middle East.
(b) In America.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times per month were prisoners allowed to write petitions for their freedom from the prisons?
2. After lunch, how long were prisoners allowed to rest before returning to work?
3. For how long were juveniles sent to Gulag when sentenced?
4. What is the name Vlasov synonymous with?
5. What did Lenin call the purge through which he got rid of all those he wished to suppress?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)