|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name Vlasov synonymous with?
2. Which of the following statements best describes Solzhenitsyn's attitude toward being in prison?
(a) Prison was a blank slate with no chalk.
(b) Prison was mind numbing pain.
(c) Prison was an abyss.
(d) Prison was the turning point in his life.
3. During what year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
4. How long was Chulpenyev held before being sent to the Gulag prison camps?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
5. What was the typical punishment for a Russian POW?
(a) Hard labor.
(b) A tenner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Solzhenitsyn when he was finally arrested?
2. What country does Solzhenitsyn view as his motherland?
3. Which of the following groups of foreigners was NOT seized when Tashkent fell short of their quota?
4. Which of the following items was Solzhenitsyn afraid his interrogators will find?
5. What did Solzhenitsyn claim is true about evil in the world?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)