|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many former POWs was Solzhenitsyn celled with during his first arrest?
2. What is the section number that Solzhenitsyn signed to, unknowing that this consigned him to hard labor and eternal exile?
(a) Section 11.
(b) Section 17.
(c) Section 15.
(d) Section 13.
3. Where did Solzhenitsyn meet Igor Tronko?
4. Which of the following actions did Solzhenitsyn do trying to infuriate those who took joy in his arrest?
(a) He smiled at them.
(b) He ignored them.
(c) He spit at them.
(d) He shook his fist at them.
5. What typically happened to a house after its owner was arrested?
(a) It was boarded up.
(b) It was put back on the market.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was ransacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lenin call those he wished to suppress under fear of revolt?
2. What did Chulpenyev do for a living?
3. What color were the patches worn on the shoulders of the Russian soldiers?
4. What decade is generally considered a decade of freedom to those who have studied the Gulag prison system?
5. How were prisoners treated when they spoke in their own defense at trial?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)