|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many useful measures of torture did the Gulag prison system use?
2. How long was the standard Stalin imprisonment in Gulag?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 35 years.
3. During what year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
4. What did Lenin call those he wished to suppress under fear of revolt?
5. Which of the following jobs was offered in exchange for food in the Gulag prison systems?
(a) Body burial.
(b) Health services.
(c) Construction work.
(d) Food production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was used at night when prisoners were being interrogated in the 1920s?
2. What is the section number that Solzhenitsyn signed to, unknowing that this consigned him to hard labor and eternal exile?
3. What did Lenin call the purge through which he got rid of all those he wished to suppress?
4. How did men treat Solzhenitsyn when he was in his uniform during his arrest?
5. Which hours of the day does Solzhenitsyn claim were the hardest?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)