|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following jobs was offered in exchange for food in the Gulag prison systems?
(a) Body burial.
(b) Construction work.
(c) Food production.
(d) Health services.
2. How many peasants were members of the TKP?
3. Which of the following forms of torture were NOT common practice during interrogations?
(a) Dipping prisoners' feet in boiling water.
(b) Burning prisoners with cigarettes.
(c) Stifling prisoners in airtight cells.
(d) Withholding food and water from prisoners.
4. Which of the following activities was NOT something Solzhenitsyn was allowed to do in prison?
(a) Play chess with friends.
(b) Read a magazine.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Cook lunch for fellow prisoners.
5. How many procedures did Solzhenitsyn undergo before finally being sentenced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What decade is generally considered a decade of freedom to those who have studied the Gulag prison system?
2. Which of the following items was Solzhenitsyn afraid his interrogators will find?
3. What position did Solzhenitsyn hold in the Russian army before his arrest?
4. What was the name of the police force put into power by the government specifically used to arrest prisoners for Gulag?
5. During what years was the Gulag prison system completely overcrowded?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)