|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After lunch, how long were prisoners allowed to rest before returning to work?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) They were not allowed to rest.
2. What was the name given to the guard who was in charge of waking the prisoners up in the morning?
(a) The turnkey.
(b) The breaksleep.
(c) The alarmsound.
(d) The doorknock.
3. Which of the following activities was NOT part of the prisoners' morning routine?
(a) Making their beds.
(b) Jumping out of bed when the bell rang.
(c) Sitting down and thinking about their ruined lives.
(d) Eating a meager breakfast of gruel.
4. What is the section number that Solzhenitsyn signed to, unknowing that this consigned him to hard labor and eternal exile?
(a) Section 15.
(b) Section 13.
(c) Section 11.
(d) Section 17.
5. What was the name of the prison where Solzhenitsyn was sent after his arrest?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Soviets ransack the churches in Russia, claiming victory?
2. What was the typical punishment for a Russian POW?
3. What position did Solzhenitsyn hold in the Russian army before his arrest?
4. What did Lenin call those he wished to suppress under fear of revolt?
5. What color were the battalions many POWs joined in exchange for food?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)