|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did most arrests happen during the time the Gulag prison systems were in use?
(a) In Russia.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In America.
(d) In the Middle East.
2. Which of the following food items was frequently served to the prisoners for lunch?
3. Where was Solzhenitsyn when he was finally arrested?
(a) Asleep in his bed.
(b) At a train station.
(c) At church.
(d) At the movie theater.
4. Under the tsar's rule, which of the following types of prisoners did NOT fill the system?
(a) Former officials.
(b) Violent prisoners.
(c) Prominent prisoners.
(d) Wealthy prisoners.
5. Who was Captain Borsch's partner?
(a) Captain Viktor Abakumov
(b) Nikolai Krylenko.
(c) Feliks Dzerzhinsky.
(d) Colonel Mariyushkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the typical punishment for a Russian POW?
2. How many former POWs was Solzhenitsyn celled with during his first arrest?
3. Where did Solzhenitsyn meet Igor Tronko?
4. What country does Solzhenitsyn view as his motherland?
5. Which of the following actions did Solzhenitsyn do trying to infuriate those who took joy in his arrest?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)