|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions did Solzhenitsyn do trying to infuriate those who took joy in his arrest?
(a) He spit at them.
(b) He smiled at them.
(c) He ignored them.
(d) He shook his fist at them.
2. Which of the following forms of torture were NOT common practice during interrogations?
(a) Stifling prisoners in airtight cells.
(b) Dipping prisoners' feet in boiling water.
(c) Withholding food and water from prisoners.
(d) Burning prisoners with cigarettes.
3. During what month of the year was Solzhenitsyn arrested?
4. How long was the standard Stalin imprisonment in Gulag?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 25 years.
5. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Solzhenitsyn's attitude during his interrogation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many procedures did Solzhenitsyn undergo before finally being sentenced?
2. What is the nationality of the man who Solzhenitsyn has carry his suitcase when he is being arrested?
3. During what years was the Gulag prison system completely overcrowded?
4. How many peasants were members of the TKP?
5. Which of the following groups of people was NOT considered dangerous by Lenin?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)