|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions did Solzhenitsyn do trying to infuriate those who took joy in his arrest?
(a) He smiled at them.
(b) He spit at them.
(c) He shook his fist at them.
(d) He ignored them.
2. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Solzhenitsyn's attitude during his interrogation?
3. What was the name of the political party put into place by the tsar?
(a) The Scout Party.
(b) The Leader Party.
(c) The Soldier Party.
(d) The Cadet Party.
4. Where was Solzhenitsyn when he was finally arrested?
(a) At church.
(b) Asleep in his bed.
(c) At a train station.
(d) At the movie theater.
5. For how long did Solzhenitsyn walk around Russia as a free man before being sent to Gulag?
(a) Four days.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lenin call the purge through which he got rid of all those he wished to suppress?
2. How many men attempted to run away from the Gulag prison system?
3. How many useful measures of torture did the Gulag prison system use?
4. How many former POWs was Solzhenitsyn celled with during his first arrest?
5. What did relatives furiously try to pack when their family members were arrested?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)