|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inappropriate subject did Solzhenitsyn joke about, leading to his arrest?
2. During what years was the Gulag prison system completely overcrowded?
3. How many men attempted to run away from the Gulag prison system?
(a) Nearly all.
(b) About one in three.
(c) More than half.
(d) Very few.
4. What did relatives furiously try to pack when their family members were arrested?
(a) Blankets and pillows.
(d) Legal documents.
5. How long did most men survive in the Gulag prison systems before being executed?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of prison cells were prisoners kept in during their interrogation process?
2. How long did prisoners usually cling to the hope that their arrest has been a mistake?
3. Where did most arrests happen during the time the Gulag prison systems were in use?
4. Which of the following groups of people was NOT considered dangerous by Lenin?
5. For how long did Solzhenitsyn walk around Russia as a free man before being sent to Gulag?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)