|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what years was the Gulag prison system completely overcrowded?
2. How long was the standard Stalin imprisonment in Gulag?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 35 years.
3. During what month of the year was Solzhenitsyn sentenced to serve time in Gulag?
4. How many procedures did Solzhenitsyn undergo before finally being sentenced?
5. For how long did Solzhenitsyn walk around Russia as a free man before being sent to Gulag?
(a) Four days.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were most prisoners transported to the Gulag prisons?
2. How long did Solzhenitsyn think he would be sentenced in Gulag?
3. What did Lenin call those he wished to suppress under fear of revolt?
4. Which of the following items was Solzhenitsyn afraid his interrogators will find?
5. What did relatives furiously try to pack when their family members were arrested?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)