|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did most arrests happen during the time the Gulag prison systems were in use?
(a) In the Middle East.
(b) In America.
(c) In Russia.
(d) In Germany.
2. How many men attempted to run away from the Gulag prison system?
(a) About one in three.
(b) More than half.
(c) Nearly all.
(d) Very few.
3. How many procedures did Solzhenitsyn undergo before finally being sentenced?
4. What type of prison cells were prisoners kept in during their interrogation process?
(a) Massive cement cells.
(b) Freezing cold cells.
(c) Excruciatingly tiny cells.
(d) Cells filled with biting ants.
5. For how long did Solzhenitsyn walk around Russia as a free man before being sent to Gulag?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four days.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Four weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the prison where Solzhenitsyn was sent after his arrest?
2. During what month of the year was Solzhenitsyn sentenced to serve time in Gulag?
3. What did Lenin call the purge through which he got rid of all those he wished to suppress?
4. Which of the following forms of torture were NOT common practice during interrogations?
5. How long did prisoners usually cling to the hope that their arrest has been a mistake?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)