|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a day does Solzhenitsyn claim were of no note?
(a) 16 hours a day.
(b) 8 hours a day.
(c) 24 hours a day.
(d) 12 hours a day.
2. Why did Lozovsky ask to be shot during Chulpenyev's trial?
(a) To show his innocence.
(b) To show his love.
(c) To show his bravery.
(d) To show his patriotism.
3. Which of the following items was NOT used to break prisoners who attempted a hunger strike?
4. Under the tsar's rule, which of the following types of prisoners did NOT fill the system?
(a) Violent prisoners.
(b) Former officials.
(c) Prominent prisoners.
(d) Wealthy prisoners.
5. Which of the following statements best describes Solzhenitsyn's attitude toward being in prison?
(a) Prison was a blank slate with no chalk.
(b) Prison was the turning point in his life.
(c) Prison was mind numbing pain.
(d) Prison was an abyss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following groups of men found themselves in the first show trial of the Shakhty?
2. On what charge was Chulpenyev arrested in 1941?
3. Where did the first hunger strike in Gulag take place?
4. Which of the following methods was NOT one prisoners used to try to figure out where they were going when being sent into exile?
5. For how long did Solzhenitsyn walk around Russia as a free man before being sent to Gulag?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)