|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following camps was known for having bricked-over windows?
2. How many hours a day does Solzhenitsyn claim were of no note?
(a) 24 hours a day.
(b) 16 hours a day.
(c) 12 hours a day.
(d) 8 hours a day.
3. Where was Solzhenitsyn when he was finally arrested?
(a) At the movie theater.
(b) At church.
(c) At a train station.
(d) Asleep in his bed.
4. Which of the following activities was NOT part of the prisoners' morning routine?
(a) Eating a meager breakfast of gruel.
(b) Sitting down and thinking about their ruined lives.
(c) Jumping out of bed when the bell rang.
(d) Making their beds.
5. How long did prisoners usually cling to the hope that their arrest has been a mistake?
(a) For one year.
(b) For one week.
(c) For one month.
(d) For one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the new era of executions start in the Gulag prison systems?
2. What is the name of the assassinated Soviet ambassador who had a draft named after him?
3. What type of prison cells were prisoners kept in during their interrogation process?
4. What argument did Stalin give to have the abolishment of capital punishment overturned?
5. Which of the following actions is the Central Executive Committee of the Russian government NOT allowed to do?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)