|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lenin call those he wished to suppress under fear of revolt?
2. What inappropriate subject did Solzhenitsyn joke about, leading to his arrest?
3. What typically happened to a house after its owner was arrested?
(a) It was put back on the market.
(b) It was boarded up.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was ransacked.
4. After lunch, how long were prisoners allowed to rest before returning to work?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) They were not allowed to rest.
(d) Three hours.
5. Under the tsar's rule, which of the following types of prisoners did NOT fill the system?
(a) Former officials.
(b) Prominent prisoners.
(c) Violent prisoners.
(d) Wealthy prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the prison where Solzhenitsyn was sent after his arrest?
2. What was used at night when prisoners were being interrogated in the 1920s?
3. What did Lenin call the purge through which he got rid of all those he wished to suppress?
4. Which of the following activities was NOT something Solzhenitsyn was allowed to do in prison?
5. What did Solzhenitsyn claim is true about evil in the world?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)