|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Solzhenitsyn "duel" with interrogators before being sent to prison?
(a) Four days.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Four months.
(d) Four weeks.
2. How many hours a day does Solzhenitsyn claim were of no note?
(a) 16 hours a day.
(b) 12 hours a day.
(c) 8 hours a day.
(d) 24 hours a day.
3. In what year did the Soviets ransack the churches in Russia, claiming victory?
4. What is the name of the assassinated Soviet ambassador who had a draft named after him?
5. Where was Solzhenitsyn when he was finally arrested?
(a) Asleep in his bed.
(b) At a train station.
(c) At church.
(d) At the movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of prison cells were prisoners kept in during their interrogation process?
2. What is the nationality of the man who Solzhenitsyn has carry his suitcase when he is being arrested?
3. What was the name of the political party put into place by the tsar?
4. For how long did Solzhenitsyn walk around Russia as a free man before being sent to Gulag?
5. What was the name of the police force put into power by the government specifically used to arrest prisoners for Gulag?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)