|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lozovsky ask to be shot during Chulpenyev's trial?
(a) To show his patriotism.
(b) To show his innocence.
(c) To show his love.
(d) To show his bravery.
2. What was the name given to the investigators whose main job was to find men to convict and send to Gulag?
3. What is the name Vlasov synonymous with?
4. In what year did the new era of executions start in the Gulag prison systems?
5. Which of the following items were the colors on the Russian uniform meant to represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times per month were prisoners allowed to write petitions for their freedom from the prisons?
2. In 1963, how many judges were brought before the Supreme Court to defend their actions at Gulag?
3. What did Solzhenitsyn claim is true about evil in the world?
4. How long was Chulpenyev held before being sent to the Gulag prison camps?
5. Which of the following men is described as "the only Russian crazy enough to return without authorization"?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)