|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the abbreviated acronym for the All-Russian Central Executive Committee?
2. Which of the following topics did Gendelman get into a heated debate with Krylenko about?
(a) Torturing witnesses.
(b) Tampering with evidence.
(c) Ignoring justice.
(d) Bribing judges.
3. What is the name of the revolutionary that organized the early Russian courts?
4. Which of the following adjectives is NOT used to describe the academic civilians in Russia?
5. How many days was a prisoner sent to punishment for if he were found guilty of unruliness?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many former POWs was Solzhenitsyn celled with during his first arrest?
2. Which of the following items were the colors on the Russian uniform meant to represent?
3. Who famously uttered the words, "Intelligentsia are not the nation's brains, but their excrement"?
4. After Krylenko's trial, how many men were spared death by execution?
5. What did Gendelman do for a living?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)