|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the police force put into power by the government specifically used to arrest prisoners for Gulag?
(a) The Organs.
(b) The Eyes.
(c) The Feet.
(d) The Skins.
2. How many former POWs was Solzhenitsyn celled with during his first arrest?
3. How many days was a prisoner sent to punishment for if he were found guilty of unruliness?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 10 days.
4. What position did Solzhenitsyn hold in the Russian army before his arrest?
5. Who famously uttered the words, "Intelligentsia are not the nation's brains, but their excrement"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following medical conditions did Lenin suffer from in 1922?
2. What is the nationality of the man who Solzhenitsyn has carry his suitcase when he is being arrested?
3. What is the name of the revolutionary that organized the early Russian courts?
4. Which of the following items were the colors on the Russian uniform meant to represent?
5. Which of the following actions did Solzhenitsyn do trying to infuriate those who took joy in his arrest?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)