|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following foods were prisoners allowed to eat on their way to exile?
(a) Boiled eggs.
(b) Raw meat.
(c) Preserved fish.
(d) Cold soup.
2. Who were Zeks?
3. How long did the Bolsheviks struggle to overthrow the tsar?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 40 years.
4. What was the name of the police force put into power by the government specifically used to arrest prisoners for Gulag?
(a) The Organs.
(b) The Eyes.
(c) The Feet.
(d) The Skins.
5. What is another word for the trains that brought prisoners out to exile?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the acronym for the school where Solzhenitsyn studied?
2. Which of the following intangible items did Lenin legalize in 1922?
3. What is the nationality of the man who Solzhenitsyn has carry his suitcase when he is being arrested?
4. How many compartments were in a typical passenger car headed out to exile?
5. Where were the prisoners who were sent into exile relocated to?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)