|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marco view Raju?
2. How long does Velan suggest Raju fast?
3. What is Raju's favorite season?
4. What task did Raju take on in prison?
5. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
2. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
3. How is Raju's message to the village misinterpreted?
4. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
5. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
6. How did Raju feel about being replaced as Nalini's manager?
7. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
8. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
9. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
10. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the reaction from the Indian Government to Raju's physical condition through the strike. Given the conditions of the village and the purpose of the strike, what is important about the reaction?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it significant that Velan also fasted on alternate days during the hunger strike? Why would he feel compelled to do this? What does this reveal about Velan's character?
Essay Topic 3
How does the temple represent freedom for Raju? In what ways does it act as a cage? How do the villagers add to both of these scenarios?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)