Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
2. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
3. What did Raju wear to look important for his meeting with the men from the school?
4. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
5. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
How does the temple represent freedom for Raju? In what ways does it act as a cage? How do the villagers add to both of these scenarios?
Rosie and Raju both approached their affair with different ambitions and desires. What were their desires and how did they differ? How did they change throughout the novel? What could the reader learn about each character and his or her development based on the changing ambitions and desires?
What possible conclusions can be drawn from the end of the book? How will those present at the end, namely Raju, Velan, the villagers, and the film producer, be changed by the final events? Support your conclusions.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)