Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
2. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
3. What did Raju wear to look important for his meeting with the men from the school?
4. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
5. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
What possible conclusions can be drawn from the end of the book? How will those present at the end, namely Raju, Velan, the villagers, and the film producer, be changed by the final events? Support your conclusions.
How did Raju's main character flaw, his preoccupation with reputation, lead the course of his life? Identify and defend the major areas of the novel where Raju had the ability to keep his life on track if he were not so consumed with reputation. In these various instances, why was Raju unable to learn his lesson? What caused Raju to finally see beyond himself?
How does the temple represent freedom for Raju? In what ways does it act as a cage? How do the villagers add to both of these scenarios?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)