|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marco view Raju?
2. What does Raju do with the gifts that the villagers continue to bring him?
3. Who was Raju's assistant?
4. What was Rosie's passion?
5. Who does Raju say should attempt a hunger strike to return the rains?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Raju's message to the village misinterpreted?
2. Why did Raju have a hard time emotionally with not being able to please Rosie constantly?
3. How did Raju react when his mother and Nalini both moved on without him?
4. Why did Raju keep the letter about the jewelry from Nalini?
5. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
6. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
7. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
8. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
9. What message does Raju attempt to send to the villagers through Velan's relative?
10. Why did Raju's life unravel in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Raju go on a hunger strike even after telling Velan the truth about who he is? How does this help perpetuate the transformation in Raju?
Essay Topic 2
How did Raju view his father as a business man? What clues from the text support your answer? How did his view of his father affect his relationship with his mother? Why is this so?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the reaction from the Indian Government to Raju's physical condition through the strike. Given the conditions of the village and the purpose of the strike, what is important about the reaction?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)