|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men from the school respond to the dance?
2. Who offers Raju an update on the village violence?
3. Where did Nalini live at the end of Chapter 10?
4. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
5. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
Essay Topic 1
How did Raju view his father as a business man? What clues from the text support your answer? How did his view of his father affect his relationship with his mother? Why is this so?
Essay Topic 2
Rosie and Raju both approached their affair with different ambitions and desires. What were their desires and how did they differ? How did they change throughout the novel? What could the reader learn about each character and his or her development based on the changing ambitions and desires?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Velan an integral piece in Raju's transformation? Cite three examples from the text and explain how they show Velan's importance.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)