|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
2. What happens to the cattle when the village conditions change?
3. What did Raju wear to look important for his meeting with the men from the school?
4. Who disliked the time Raju and Rosie spent together?
5. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
Essay Topic 1
How did Raju's main character flaw, his preoccupation with reputation, lead the course of his life? Identify and defend the major areas of the novel where Raju had the ability to keep his life on track if he were not so consumed with reputation. In these various instances, why was Raju unable to learn his lesson? What caused Raju to finally see beyond himself?
Essay Topic 2
How did Raju's gift to constantly meet everyone's needs help him to get ahead in life? In what ways did it hold him back? What made him unable to say "no" to others?
Essay Topic 3
How did Raju's obsession with Rosie/Nalini change over time? What motives launched his obsession? What continued to motivate his obsession in the late stages of their relationship? What caused the change in dynamics?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)