|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raju lose track of while spending time with Rosie?
2. Where was Raju's creditor from?
3. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
4. Who was Raju's assistant?
5. What was the name of Raju's creditor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What possible conclusions can be drawn from the end of the book? How will those present at the end, namely Raju, Velan, the villagers, and the film producer, be changed by the final events? Support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the reaction from the Indian Government to Raju's physical condition through the strike. Given the conditions of the village and the purpose of the strike, what is important about the reaction?
Essay Topic 3
How does the temple represent freedom for Raju? In what ways does it act as a cage? How do the villagers add to both of these scenarios?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)