|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced Raju in Nalini's business?
2. What did Raju gain by being associated with Nalini's career?
3. Where were Rosie's books kept?
4. How do the new conditions in the village affect Raju's gifts?
5. Raju believed Marco had no sense about him when it came to what topic?
Essay Topic 1
What purpose did Raju's uncle play in the novel? How did his interjection into Raju's life change the relationships Raju had with his mother and with Rosie? What gave Raju's uncle this power?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Rosie and Nalini. In what ways did Raju's presence help in the transformation of Rosie? How did his absence assist in the transformation of Nalini?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Marco and Raju. In the areas of work, love, reputation and Rosie/Nalini's life, how were they similar and different?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)