|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Raju wear to look important for his meeting with the men from the school?
2. What business decision did Nalini threaten to make when Raju returned?
3. What was Raju's fate after he became preoccupied with Rosie?
4. What happened when Raju went to court?
5. How did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
2. Besides starting Rosie's dancing career, why was her name change significant?
3. How did Raju's demeanor change while he was involved with Rosie?
4. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
5. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
6. What did Raju do to prepare for the men from the local school? What did this reveal about Raju?
7. How did Raju force Nalini to spend her days during her dancing career?
8. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
9. Why did Nalini dance for the men from the local school?
10. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Rosie and Nalini. In what ways did Raju's presence help in the transformation of Rosie? How did his absence assist in the transformation of Nalini?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Velan an integral piece in Raju's transformation? Cite three examples from the text and explain how they show Velan's importance.
Essay Topic 3
What purpose did Raju's uncle play in the novel? How did his interjection into Raju's life change the relationships Raju had with his mother and with Rosie? What gave Raju's uncle this power?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)