|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Raju ask for a loan to pay the creditor?
2. How did the men from the school respond to the dance?
3. After leaving Raju's mother's home, where did Raju and Nalini live?
4. How much time passed before Rosie returned to Raju?
5. Where was Raju in the beginning of Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
What power did Raju derive from Nalini? How did he try to capitalize on this power? In what ways was he both successful and unsuccessful?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Rosie and Nalini. In what ways did Raju's presence help in the transformation of Rosie? How did his absence assist in the transformation of Nalini?
Essay Topic 3
Rosie and Raju both approached their affair with different ambitions and desires. What were their desires and how did they differ? How did they change throughout the novel? What could the reader learn about each character and his or her development based on the changing ambitions and desires?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)