|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raju propose raising money to pay the creditor?
2. What was Raju's main concern while he was involved with Rosie?
3. How long did Raju have to stay away from the home?
4. What did Raju lose track of while spending time with Rosie?
5. What happened when Raju went to court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
2. How did Raju feel about the visitors that Nalini would entertain?
3. What paradox is at play in Chapter 6?
4. Describe how Raju used Rosie as a prop once she became Nalini.
5. What message does Raju attempt to send to the villagers through Velan's relative?
6. As Nalini continued to manage her career, what did Raju learn about her as a person and in relation to the men in her lives?
7. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
8. How is Raju's perception of the world changing?
9. When Rosie returned to Raju, why was that not enough for him to straighten out his life?
10. What did Raju propose he and Rosie do about her career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the temple represent freedom for Raju? In what ways does it act as a cage? How do the villagers add to both of these scenarios?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the reaction from the Indian Government to Raju's physical condition through the strike. Given the conditions of the village and the purpose of the strike, what is important about the reaction?
Essay Topic 3
How did Raju view his father as a business man? What clues from the text support your answer? How did his view of his father affect his relationship with his mother? Why is this so?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)