|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Raju believed Marco had no sense about him when it came to what topic?
2. What decision did Nalini make at home while Raju was away?
3. How did the men from the school respond to the dance?
4. Where did Raju get his glasses?
5. Who did Raju tell Nalini to visit when she met with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Raju view his father as a business man? What clues from the text support your answer? How did his view of his father affect his relationship with his mother? Why is this so?
Essay Topic 2
What purpose does it serve for the author to continually switch tense and perspective in the narrative? If the author were to use only one perspective through the entire novel, which would be most effective and why? What information would the reader no longer be privy to if the author followed your suggestion?
Essay Topic 3
How did Raju's gift to constantly meet everyone's needs help him to get ahead in life? In what ways did it hold him back? What made him unable to say "no" to others?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)