|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggested Rosie move into Raju's home?
2. What sentence did Raju receive at his trial?
3. What did Raju receive in the mail that he tried to keep from Nalini?
4. What did Raju pay to his lawyer?
5. What story does Raju decide to share with Velan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Raju attempt to send to the villagers through Velan's relative?
2. How do all of the discussions in the village link together in Chapter 6?
3. After Marco and Rosie's fight, how did the relationship between Rosie and Raju change?
4. How is Raju's message to the village misinterpreted?
5. Why did Nalini dance for the men from the local school?
6. What caused Raju to lose his friendship with the driver? How did he know it was over?
7. What caused Raju to focus on Rosie and how did that cause the character to unravel?
8. In Chapter 6, how long has Raju been at the temple?
9. How did Raju view his role in Nalini's career?
10. Who called Raju "a humble humanitarian" and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What power did Raju derive from Nalini? How did he try to capitalize on this power? In what ways was he both successful and unsuccessful?
Essay Topic 2
How did Raju's gift to constantly meet everyone's needs help him to get ahead in life? In what ways did it hold him back? What made him unable to say "no" to others?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Rosie and Nalini. In what ways did Raju's presence help in the transformation of Rosie? How did his absence assist in the transformation of Nalini?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)